Church or Jail?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Church or Jail?!?
Thing is I always hated the notion of coercion. If I did something which is punishable then punish me. Don't offer me some stupid trade to do what you want me to do. Especially if it's a religious thing. This sounds a lot like theocracy.

PS I think putting people in prison for prostitution is stupid. Prostitution doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. It's not violent. Doesn't cause harm. What's the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
05-03-2014, 04:00 PM
(05-03-2014 03:51 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Thing is I always hated the notion of coercion. If I did something which is punishable then punish me. Don't offer me some stupid trade to do what you want me to do. Especially if it's a religious thing. This sounds a lot like theocracy.

PS I think putting people in prison for prostitution is stupid. Prostitution doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. It's not violent. Doesn't cause harm. What's the problem?

I agree with you on all counts.

Coercion is the tool of the unjust. When the mafia does it, it's illegal. When the government does it, it's a social program. Dodgy

My views on prostitution are very similar to my views on drugs. It's your body, do with it as you wish. So long as you aren't harming anyone else.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
05-03-2014, 04:24 PM
(05-03-2014 10:31 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Project Rose

Sex workers in Arizona are being given the choice of indoctrination or prison. This has been going on since 2011! How the hell do these people get away with this crap?

hmmmmm church is like jail anyway, intellectual and intelligence jail for those unable to think for themselves. Of course you can come and go as you wish...unless you are into scientology...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)