Church vs Government - Who's more violent?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Church vs Government - Who's more violent?
Which church?
Which government?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2015, 10:46 AM
(17-02-2015 07:53 AM)Anti Wrote:  Some seem to have issues with recognizing violence.

No church has ever forced me into one of their buildings or forced me to give them money. Churches just pass around a basket on weekends for voluntary donations from their voluntary attendees. Can you say that about the 'government?'

Didn't you ever hear of the IRS? or the compulsory date of April 15th? If you don't hand over your money to the 'government' when they demand it then the escalation of violence will continue until finally men with guns with hunt you down.

Church is voluntary. Government is compulsory.

Church is not "voluntary" if you are a minor and your parents/guardians *force* you to attend.
The IRS doesn't not hunt you down with guns.
They have much easier ways to get your money.

Are you like 12 ?

Having another bad brain day, I see.
Oh well. 2 days does not a trend make.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-02-2015, 11:24 AM
(17-02-2015 07:53 AM)Anti Wrote:  Some seem to have issues with recognizing violence.

No church has ever forced me into one of their buildings or forced me to give them money. Churches just pass around a basket on weekends for voluntary donations from their voluntary attendees. Can you say that about the 'government?'

Didn't you ever hear of the IRS? or the compulsory date of April 15th? If you don't hand over your money to the 'government' when they demand it then the escalation of violence will continue until finally men with guns with hunt you down.

Government isn't really compulsory. You can go off into the woods and live off the land. Everything you need for survival is there.
Perhaps there are laws in your country preventing that? If so you can go to another country. You can try Canada. There is a shit load of land where one can hide from society and I'm sure no one will notice or even care.
17-02-2015, 11:42 AM
even if somebody can hide in the forest how does that change the compulsory nature of 'government?'

"The IRS doesn't not hunt you down with guns." -- even your fellow parishioners are laughing at that one.
17-02-2015, 12:33 PM
(17-02-2015 11:42 AM)Anti Wrote:  even if somebody can hide in the forest how does that change the compulsory nature of 'government?'

"The IRS doesn't not hunt you down with guns." -- even your fellow parishioners are laughing at that one.

Ok.
First. Who are you responding to?
Second. What is the overall point? What is it that you're trying to get at?
Let's assume your OP is entirely accurate. What are we to do with the information?
17-02-2015, 05:31 PM
I&I..?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
17-02-2015, 09:55 PM
(17-02-2015 10:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Church is not "voluntary" if you are a minor and your parents/guardians *force* you to attend.

Then wouldnt the issue be against the parents and their use of force?
17-02-2015, 10:08 PM
(17-02-2015 05:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I&I..?

Can't be. He didn't say 'discuss'.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-02-2015, 10:16 PM
(17-02-2015 08:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Luminon?

I wish.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-02-2015, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 10:47 PM by Free Thought.)

Meanwhile, in pretty much all of history's theocracies...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.