Church vs Government - Who's more violent?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Church vs Government - Who's more violent?
(18-02-2015 04:58 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Governments build and maintain infrastructure, educational establishments, medical resources, etc. There will always be human greed and cSupporting the maintenance of ones country is mandatory, so suck it up.orruption involved... But you're getting SOMETHING for your money.

Government and religion are not inherently violent, but they've both had violent tendencies; The parts that make up a religion or a government may be violent. Supporting the maintenance of ones country is mandatory, so suck it up. Supporting religion is not mandatory. Anyone who would ever willingly combine them is massively stupid.

You seem to imply that govt is violent because its services it provides are valuable.
"Supporting the maintenance of ones country is mandatory, so suck it up."

Then you say "Government and religion are not inherently violent"

Could you clear this up for me? ....and then if you don't mind I'll probably have couple other questions
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Church vs Government - Who's more violent?
(18-02-2015 05:09 PM)Anti Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 04:58 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Governments build and maintain infrastructure, educational establishments, medical resources, etc. There will always be human greed and cSupporting the maintenance of ones country is mandatory, so suck it up.orruption involved... But you're getting SOMETHING for your money.

Government and religion are not inherently violent, but they've both had violent tendencies; The parts that make up a religion or a government may be violent. Supporting the maintenance of ones country is mandatory, so suck it up. Supporting religion is not mandatory. Anyone who would ever willingly combine them is massively stupid.

You seem to imply that govt is violent because its services it provides are valuable.
"Supporting the maintenance of ones country is mandatory, so suck it up."

Then you say "Government and religion are not inherently violent"

Could you clear this up for me? ....and then if you don't mind I'll probably have couple other questions

That's not what his post implies... you seem to have a habit of inferring what you want to infer.

His post doesn't really imply that because it clearly states that greed and other "tendencies" are the causes of governments to be violent. Despite not being inherently violent. It indicates that it isn't because it does something but because of tendencies that it's violent.. but despite that corruption, there is value received. It's not indicating valuable services cause violence out of government by any statement.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply