Church won't bury gay people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: Church won't bury gay people
(10-08-2014 01:46 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  At first I thought the title said "burn".

I almost spit my coffee when I read that, and I have tears in my eyes, now.

Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 11:41 AM
(11-08-2014 10:11 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So what if some church don't want to bury a gay person. What difference does it make really? I mean what person wants to be buried by a group that hates them? Shouldn't a church decide who they will and will not bury?
Im not gay but I for one don't really care who buries me and what they do or say about me because I'll be dead. I don't understand why anyone cares.
The guy's husband cares. He had all the arrangements set and wasn't told it couldn't happen until the night before. Just think if that was you and your spouse had died. You're already grieving and having a hard enough time and then confronted with bigotry like that and have to redo all the work trying to find another place - and hope they won't do the same thing.

It also matters on the general issue of bigotry. If no one cares or speaks out about it, it won't change. We must care.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
11-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Wow. Christians being Christians. How UGLY can you be. Where are their hearts?
11-08-2014, 01:06 PM
(11-08-2014 11:41 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 10:11 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  So what if some church don't want to bury a gay person. What difference does it make really? I mean what person wants to be buried by a group that hates them? Shouldn't a church decide who they will and will not bury?
Im not gay but I for one don't really care who buries me and what they do or say about me because I'll be dead. I don't understand why anyone cares.
The guy's husband cares. He had all the arrangements set and wasn't told it couldn't happen until the night before. Just think if that was you and your spouse had died. You're already grieving and having a hard enough time and then confronted with bigotry like that and have to redo all the work trying to find another place - and hope they won't do the same thing.

It also matters on the general issue of bigotry. If no one cares or speaks out about it, it won't change. We must care.

Point taken..