Churches Per County vs. Average Income

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Churches Per County vs. Average Income
I've gotten curious here and my google-foo isn't turning up much. I was wondering if anyone else was curious about this and had any info.

I'm wondering, how does the distribution of churches across the US map against the average income of counties/areas? Do rich counties have more churches (my hypothesis, as churches would do better there) or is there no correlation? Is there simply no way to find the answer to this question?

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
RE: Churches Per County vs. Average Income
(10-12-2011 07:25 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  I've gotten curious here and my google-foo isn't turning up much. I was wondering if anyone else was curious about this and had any info.

I'm wondering, how does the distribution of churches across the US map against the average income of counties/areas? Do rich counties have more churches (my hypothesis, as churches would do better there) or is there no correlation? Is there simply no way to find the answer to this question?

I haven't gone to the interwebs yet with your googles, but I think if you look into The Barna Group, they have these sorts of statistics down pat.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
RE: Churches Per County vs. Average Income
http://www.inplainsite.org/html/tele-eva...tyles.html

Some Christians going anti-Christian on other Christians... I forget, does flock apply to piranha? Tongue

Personally, I would suspect no correlation. While churches, like anything else, go where the money is; the "faith of the poor" has long been the backbone of the Church.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user