Churches are like stripclubs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Churches are like stripclubs
Churches are like strip clubs without booze or the fun. I mean you go to both with cash and you just give it away to people who use it for themselves. The only difference is that in one case you put it in a bowl and in the other you put it in a thong. Where do you want to spend your money?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM

RE: Churches are like stripclubs
(08-11-2011 02:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Churches are like strip clubs without booze or the fun. I mean you go to both with cash and you just give it away to people who use it for themselves. The only difference is that in one case you put it in a bowl and in the other you put it in a thong. Where do you want to spend your money?

I see where you are spending your money! Wink

What are thongs?

Forgive an old man -- I am behind times! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
A thong is a like underwear only much sluttier.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM

(08-11-2011 02:21 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  A thong is a like underwear only much sluttier.

...and they teach this to you in graduate school in Paleobiology. ???

Wow! -- I went to the wrong school!

Yours sounds like a lot more fun! Big Grin

(I hope you don't mind a little good-natured teasing?) Huh
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
The thong knowledge was from my undergrad. We are learning about much more complex forms of lingerie in grad school Smile

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
08-11-2011, 02:30 PM

(08-11-2011 02:28 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The thong knowledge was from my undergrad. We are learning about much more complex forms of lingerie in grad school Smile

I am awed!

I wonder what comes next in PhD courses or, even, in PostDoc internships?

...to think I wasted all those years!!! Sad
[+] 3 users Like Zatamon's post
08-11-2011, 02:39 PM
You forgot to add that you leave both feeling guilty.

I would personally rather spend my money on something else entirely. If for charity than cancer research, if for someone else than taking my kid to go bananas, if of something selfish than a blues junior amp. So many better things to spend money on and definitely better things to do with ones time.

I hate strip clubs they make me feel sad, dirty, and gullible. Same with church lol.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post
08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Well isn't this a nice scene to walk in to.
I think I once heard of a stripclub church somewhere in the world. I forget where as it was late and I was not in the best shapeWink
Think of the profits one could attain with a stripclub church! Have all th stripclu things with added crosses and then have a confessional booth at the exit to handle all those "sins".
I am a terrible person.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
09-11-2011, 11:15 AM
(08-11-2011 04:12 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Well isn't this a nice scene to walk in to.
I think I once heard of a stripclub church somewhere in the world. I forget where as it was late and I was not in the best shapeWink
Think of the profits one could attain with a stripclub church! Have all th stripclu things with added crosses and then have a confessional booth at the exit to handle all those "sins".
I am a terrible person.

Stripper poles shaped like crosses, the women could come out dressed as nuns, and the confessional booths could be gloryhole confessionals.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2011, 08:55 PM
I actually prefer churches to strip clubs. My insanity knows no bounds.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user