Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Circular logic
We all know this one:

[Image: image_thumb.png]

But today I came across this pesky answer on a creationist blog:

[Image: evolutionistcircularlogicnaturalism_thumb.jpg]

Ok, I know the stupidity drips off, but the feeble minded might fall for it. Just wanted to share...

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 10:41 AM
RE: Circular logic
Whoever came up with that has taken stupidity to a new level. They like an Olympic gold medallist of stupidity.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
05-08-2011, 11:07 AM
That barely makes sense.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
05-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Actually I think there are some issues here.

Science is at its most productive when it seeks naturalistic explanations. In short it eschews "God did it" explanations.

This is not the same as assuming that God does not exist, but the distinction is subtle and easily glossed over for an argument like this.

Also if God really did do it, and left his work tools and excess materials and holy smoke cigarrette butts lying around for scientists to find, then evolutionary logic/science etc would arrive at a contradiction and would have to be rethought in favour of creationism or some such theory. In this sense there is nothing wrong in assuming God did not visibly do it. It is a valid testable working hypothesis in the best Popperian tradition.

It is as actually also hypocritical to accuse scientists of circular reasoning of this sort. From what I can see the best and most convincing arguments in favour of God, are when analyzed circular. And when they arrive at a contradiction they fail to look for a new theory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2011, 02:40 PM
That's retarded. It's basically creationists admitting that they really are using circular reasoning and then trying to apply a tu quoque argument to evolution. Not only is tu quoque a fallacy but that graph shows a very poor understanding of evolution.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
05-08-2011, 02:59 PM
What an amazingly fine chart!
Finally proof where creationism admits its not part of regular science and thus quackery!

spread the word!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
05-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Well , naturalism is the basic principle of science.

If you assume something can only be explained by the supernatural then why bother looking for it with devices with and senses locked by the natural. We have the ability to explore the natural and our tools and senses are limited to it. Looking outside it , at fictitious realms of the imagination is pointless because we have no means of perceiving them even if they do exist.

This bloke explains it better :

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like gaglamesh731's post