Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.
Actually, Kevuchka said in another thread:
(19-12-2011 10:48 AM)Kevuchka Wrote:  Of the 642 unlawful killings in the UK, a staggering 110 were due to female genital mutilation – a subject far more relevant to this Forum and one which I would like to see addressed.

However, what I'd like to draw attention to is that circumcision of males is also immoral. Infant genital mutilation is a violation of human rights.

Do you believe circumcision of infants should be outlawed, or do you believe that it deserves cultural or religious exemption?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 01:26 PM
RE: Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.
If a doctor cuts off a healthy part of my child genitals for his own religious reasons, I take the liberty to cut off the rest of the doctor's genitals as part of my own religious beliefs. Scratch that. I feel free to cut any number of body parts. I'm religious that way.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
20-12-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't see why you would cut off anything healthy.
There is no reason for it whatsoever, not medically, not religious, not social, there is no law for it, it is not morally acceptable,.... Just plain stupid and as Chas said, violation of human rights.
> And it hurts... I don't want to hurt my baby!! <

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
20-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Hey guys we already have an extensive thread on this topic here http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...n-Argument

Its 12 pages of just about every argument for and against it.

from what i remember it lead to a very long debate on the subject.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
20-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Yup! This topic has been master debated! But please add anything to it Smile
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
20-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Welcome to circumcision argument #......6? About 7months ago we had a huge thread on this with lots of gnashing of teeth and cutting of foreskins.

I think the overall decision was that things should be presented more truthfully in those countries which consider it socionormative. Plenty of countries this practice is only for religious beliefs, but some of the superpowers like to still chop up every baby boy in sight, (except the rich =p ultimate casting mark!!!!!)

Seriously though we have some firm circumcision supporters and those who really want it abolished. I want doctors to stop expecting it. In the US you still have to actively tell doctors not to circumcise. It's not understood by most how often accidents happen even within higher end countries. There also is no real data to suggest one is overall safer than the other. Circumcision will always be a childhood experience more than adult, though we have some members who had later experiences. I just want it to be expected that children not be mutilated.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
20-12-2011, 03:26 PM
So far:2 against, 3 "We've already talked about this"

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I am also against. But it takes a lot of time to present the argument that I can't do over and over Smile.
20-12-2011, 07:34 PM
(20-12-2011 04:44 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, I am also against. But it takes a lot of time to present the argument that I can't do over and over Smile.

The only argument needed is that it's a human rights violation; the rest is just clutter.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-12-2011, 11:32 PM
(20-12-2011 07:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 04:44 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, I am also against. But it takes a lot of time to present the argument that I can't do over and over Smile.

The only argument needed is that it's a human rights violation; the rest is just clutter.

I think the clitorectomies of children is abhorent but it is difficult to get this across to highly superstitious patriarchal societies.
Grass roots society can only do their best to make these discusting facts known; I can't see our leaders showing much concern with issues that don't have a pay-back clause..