Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.
(03-01-2012 03:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  And fuck your social practices.

Fixed.

And if you feel that way, fine. No one is forcing you or your children to get circumcized.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 03:21 PM by Chas.)
(03-01-2012 03:15 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Fixed.

And if you feel that way, fine. No one is forcing you or your children to get circumcized.

That's even worse. I have a smidgen of understanding for someone who justifies is as a religious duty, but a social practice? Despicable.

And attributing that quote to me is dishonest. You are a real asshole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
(03-01-2012 03:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  Never mind.

Fixed.

That's even worse. I have a smidgen of understanding for someone who justifies is as a religious duty, but a social practice? Despicable.

First time on the internet I see.

You act like I'm telling you that you should get your kids circumcized. Not at all. I'm saying, do what you want and let me do what I want.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
03-01-2012, 03:25 PM
(03-01-2012 03:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Fixed.

You act like I'm telling you that you should get your kids circumcized. Not at all. I'm saying, do what you want and let me do what I want.

And I'm saying that no one is free to commit human rights violations.
You view someone's choices as a parent to be above human rights. I think that is reprehensible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
you are messed up germanyt, your views are messed up and someone with such disregard for human rights and the UN is a really sad person.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
03-01-2012, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 04:16 PM by germanyt.)
(03-01-2012 03:49 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  you are messed up germanyt, your views are messed up and someone with such disregard for human rights and the UN is a really sad person.

LOL. A human rights advocate praising the UN. The UN is a joke. It's purpose is to globalize and militarize the world's countries while stripping away the rights of sovereign nations.

Also, don't generalize my views based on one opinion about circumcision. I don't live by a creed or ideology. I independently look at each issue and form an opinion. You're just pissed that I don't agree with you and you're acting like I'm an advocate for circumcision. I'm personally indifferent on the issue. But because I'm not pushing an outright ban I'm the bad guy?

(03-01-2012 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 03:23 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Fixed.

And I'm saying that no one is free to commit human rights violations.
You view someone's choices as a parent to be above human rights. I think that is reprehensible.

We, as a society, have decided what is and isn't acceptable/legal as parents. It is legal to pierce your kids ears, it is legal to make your kid wear polka dots, it is legal to force your child to eat brocolli, and it is legal to circumcise your son.

You though, you want to decide what is and isn't acceptable for the whole world. You want to be the ultimate authority on what is and isn't a human right and issue punishment for those deemed violators. You are an elitist and probably a dick (lol no pun intended).

-Mark Twain
03-01-2012, 04:32 PM
There is no such thing as an ultimate authority, there is such a thing as discussing and weighing the evidence and im pissed that you against all evidence and failing to provide a good argument that circumcision is a good idea (apart from "i dont see why not") still thinks it is normal.
im not saying circumcision should be banned im saying it should be the choice of a person who is actually getting a piece of their dick lobbed off.
and i am in favour of it being put to a vote and people being educated on its effects.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
(03-01-2012 12:46 PM)germanyt Wrote:  So now that we've gotten circumcision out of the way

No, you got yourself out of the conversation due to your use of arguments along the lines of: "I made you, therefore you're mine. I get to fuck you, maim you or kill you in any way I please as long as you live under my roof". You have proven to be ignorant, stubborn, lazy and unreasonable. That is how "we've gotten circumcision out of the way"

Quote:I vote that we outlaw all minors as passengers in vehicles. It's a violation of human rights to force children to ride in machines with such high rates of death. I mean, circumcision only kills 100-150. This is an issue that affects thousands of lives every year.

By not cutting off the foreskin of a baby you actually give your child the opportunity to decide if he wants to live with or without the foreskin (and most of them choose "with", which is an important point in itself. Not to mention the ones "without" who *really* wish they were "with" as it has been pointed to you before and you failed to answer convincingly.

By not providing any transportation to the child (or around the child - pedestrians are also in danger), your child will be uneducated, unfed, unprepared for life in a modern society, unexercised and roughly unsocialized. Other problems would be leaving the child unattended when I actually do have to leave the house and inability to take the child to a hospital when needed. The problem with waiting for my child to become an adult before I transport him/her is that education and body development are supposed to happen in certain stages. Missing those stages is also irreversible. Keeping the child alive is not the only responsibility I have as a parent.

Conclusion: transporting a child in our era is *necessary*, especially if you're not filthy rich. Cutting off body parts is NOT.

P.S. Using the misleading name that you have chosen for the other thread rather than "Circumcision Part 2" doesn't mean that it's a different discussion

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 04:43 PM by germanyt.)
(03-01-2012 04:32 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  There is no such thing as an ultimate authority, there is such a thing as discussing and weighing the evidence and im pissed that you against all evidence and failing to provide a good argument that circumcision is a good idea (apart from "i dont see why not") still thinks it is normal.
im not saying circumcision should be banned im saying it should be the choice of a person who is actually getting a piece of their dick lobbed off.
and i am in favour of it being put to a vote and people being educated on its effects.

I don't have a good argument for it. That would only exist if there was a negative effect of not getting one. To my knowledge there isn't. I'm indifferent. I'm neither for nor against circumcision. I just don't see as a big enough issue to warrant a ban on it. It will die out without paying any attention to it whatsoever.
(03-01-2012 04:35 PM)Malleus Wrote:  No, you got yourself out of the conversation due to your use of arguments along the lines of: "I made you, therefore you're mine. I get to fuck you, maim you or kill you in any way I please as long as you live under my roof".

Strong generalization. I am indifferent to circumcision so I must think that rape and pillage are okay? You're bordering on ad hominems to discredit my point of view.

-Mark Twain
03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
(03-01-2012 04:39 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 04:32 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  There is no such thing as an ultimate authority, there is such a thing as discussing and weighing the evidence and im pissed that you against all evidence and failing to provide a good argument that circumcision is a good idea (apart from "i dont see why not") still thinks it is normal.

I don't have a good argument for it. That would only exist if there was a negative effect of not getting one. To my knowledge there isn't. I'm indifferent. I'm neither for nor against circumcision. I just don't see as a big enough issue to warrant a ban on it. It will die out without paying any attention to it whatsoever.
(03-01-2012 04:35 PM)Malleus Wrote:  No, you got yourself out of the conversation due to your use of arguments along the lines of: "I made you, therefore you're mine. I get to fuck you, maim you or kill you in any way I please as long as you live under my roof".

Strong generalization. I am indifferent to circumcision so I must think that rape and pillage are okay? You're bordering on ad hominems to discredit my point of view.

Slavery didnt die out by just "not paying attention to it" and neither did women or GLBT get their rights.
again, ur using ban, when im not advocating a full ban, just advocating that the child gets to have a say in the matter, which u never adress.
im out, clearly ur unconvincable, and thats a problem, morality and human rights issues like circum. should be subject to discussion, if someone magically pulled some proof that circumcision has a benificiary medical effect on everyone without exception that trumps human rights (Circum. gives children super immunity for some reason and its sceintifically proven) i might agree and advocate it depending on the situation. but that is not the case therefore i condemn it when it is forced on humans who dont get a say, i am indefferent when a mature legal age person elects to perform it and i advocated when it is medically necesary (for one disease or another).
A sign of an open mind is being able to revise ones ideas based on new evidence. and you clearly dont.
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post