Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
RE: Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.
It's a no-no in all countries that have it legal. I'm fine with that rule. Mainly because, theoretically, the fetus is viable to be "completed" artificially in an environment independent from the woman's body.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2012, 10:32 AM
(04-01-2012 09:53 AM)Malleus Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 08:39 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm not sure what the hell I just read but it sounds like you aren't sure whether you would keep your hearing or your foreskin.

Obvious choice is obvious.

Not as obvious as you may think. I actually know how removing my foreskin would affect my comfort and my sexual life. You don't.

Piercing my eardrums is also about "just a piece of skin". The difference is that you actually understand what this skin is for and you ignore the purpose of the other. Just like I can maintain some feeling in my penis, I can fix some of my hearing with some form of hearing aid. But they are both unnecessary and they would both make my life less enjoyable. The comparison is valid.

Quote:I'm tired of this and tired of being treated like a child torturer or woman stoner just because I don't want a ban on child circumcision. I can only imagine what the thread would have been like if I told you I was pro-choice.

I am pro-choice too. I didn't use to be, but, unlike you, I was willing to listen to reason when people presented me with valid arguments. And if I hear new reasons defending a pro-life stance, I am willing to listen to those too. In this case, you made an extremely poor argument and in the end your only final points were arguments from stubbornness. You failed to make a valid point about why your rights as a parent are more important than the rights of your own child over his own body.

You *are* in the same category as child torturers and woman stoners because you use the same "logic" they do to justify their actions.

I just quit smoking 3 days ago and am pretty irritable. And you are really starting to piss me off. You don't know anything about me or my 'logic'. As for that last comment, I'd probably beat your ass if you were standing in front of me. But like I said, I'm pretty irritable right now.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I stand corrected. Now *that* seems like something you would say if you were reasonable and you had good logic Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

04-01-2012, 10:44 AM
The reason is that you have some idiot ideas.
Now you can say that everybody irritates you, but that is your own fault.

You are not Calimero.

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
04-01-2012, 10:48 AM
(04-01-2012 10:44 AM)Jim Wrote:  The reason is that you have some idiot ideas.
Now you can say that everybody irritates you, but that is your own fault.

You are not Calimero.

I blame the nicotine.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
04-01-2012, 02:36 PM
(04-01-2012 09:53 AM)Malleus Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 08:39 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm not sure what the hell I just read but it sounds like you aren't sure whether you would keep your hearing or your foreskin.

Obvious choice is obvious.

Not as obvious as you may think. I actually know how removing my foreskin would affect my comfort and my sexual life. You don't.

Well I posted a poll to get an idea of what people thought. Just to figure out if people felt similarly about losing foreskin or losing hearing. It's not a scientific poll but it's pretty clear.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread...271&page=2

-Mark Twain
04-01-2012, 02:48 PM
You still have 6 (six) people who actually voted "foreskin". I did not vote because my mind is not made on this. You just proved that it's open for debate and at least 6 people would rather lose hearing. To me this is between music and orgasms. I can probably hear some kind of music with hearing aids just like I will get some kind of orgasm without the foreskin. However, in both cases it will NOT be the same. Definitely.

04-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Why lose either? Big Grin
04-01-2012, 02:58 PM
(04-01-2012 02:56 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Why lose either? Big Grin

My point exactly

04-01-2012, 03:44 PM
(04-01-2012 02:48 PM)Malleus Wrote:  You still have 6 (six) people who actually voted "foreskin". I did not vote because my mind is not made on this. You just proved that it's open for debate and at least 6 people would rather lose hearing. To me this is between music and orgasms. I can probably hear some kind of music with hearing aids just like I will get some kind of orgasm without the foreskin. However, in both cases it will NOT be the same. Definitely.

My point was that clearly people feel differently about foreskin than they do about somethign like hearing. Most people (90% in this case) would rather lose their foreskin than their hearing. So you can't really liken circumcision to intentionally deafening your child.

-Mark Twain