Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2011, 02:23 AM
RE: Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.
I agree Lilith. In those links I have answered questions with sources. It took me awhile to get it all in one place.

Germanyt, may I ask why are you so interested in US stats only?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2011, 03:14 AM
i hate my parents for what they've done to me, when i confronted them about it when i was 12 they kept spewing all this religious garbage at me about cleanliness and scripture.
i didnt understand it or agree with it then and i still dont. given the choice at a voting legal age (18) i would have definatly opted out on the cutting and the hacking.
They didnt just cut away perfectly healthy tissue from me, they took my freedom to choose whats to be done with my own body while they were at it.
They left a permanent mark of ignorance and burtality on me. I think any parents who try to circumsize their children should get the same treatment as parents who try to de-earlobe or de-pinkytoe their children (that way they dont have to wash behind it, or can get peircings when they're older), It is simply inhumane, and to people who say "i dont veiw it as inhumane" let me put it into perspective, Saudi arabia the most radical islamic country in the world doesn't 'view' FGM and exicuting people for apostacy and witchcraft as in humane. Circumsicion is evil and should be treated like any medical procedure, necesarry when there's something wrong about it (infection, accident, etc) no one can just go to a brain surgeon and ask for a brain surgerey for his infant for no reason just willy nilly or because his religion dictates he must remove part of his defenceless child's brain.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 6 users Like Jackrabbit's post
23-12-2011, 03:46 AM
(22-12-2011 06:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  See, the word mutilation is what your argument is based on. I don't see it as mutilation.
Is this all you have to say after 3 consecutive consistent posts that I addressed to you?

I'm not sure what they consider mutilation where you live, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this practice is about amputating healthy functional body parts which will never grow back. Sounds like mutilation to me.

The fact that you think you're just fine the way you are has no bearing on the reality. I tried to explain before and you never answered. I actually know what the parts you're missing do. You never got to enjoy an unaltered penis so you really don't know the difference, just like you can't explain colors to someone who was born blind.

You don't get to blind your children just because you're blind and you think blind people live a very fulfilling life and you figure that your children would never be truly accepted in your clubs for blind people unless they're blind too. Even if you think you're really making the best decision for them, you are wrong and you need to be stopped.
(23-12-2011 01:11 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  When links to previous discussions are posted shouldn't people look at them? I mentioned a little because the conversation kept going, but if you want the proof it was given within that long argument. Why make us go back over all that stuff?

Because this forum had a wave of new people who never got to speak their mind on the topic and they thought it's pretty important. Important enough to start their own conversation about it.

Now, when my neighbor comes to me and tries to start a conversation about cats, I could simply tell him: Aw, you're too late. I fully discussed cats with my wife just a few months ago. Here's a complete record of our conversation. You can come back sometime next week when you're done listening to all the tapes and if you feel you have anything to add, preferably something that hasn't been said, we'll be happy to listen.

Or I can act normally and let the man speak.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 2 users Like Malleus's post
23-12-2011, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 04:12 AM by Jackrabbit.)
Genital mutilation is not a joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4yS08N0xeU

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
23-12-2011, 06:23 AM
(23-12-2011 01:11 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  When links to previous discussions are posted shouldn't people look at them? I mentioned a little because the conversation kept going, but if you want the proof it was given within that long argument. Why make us go back over all that stuff?

For the same reason that we continue to debate the Bible, point out the disparities between faith and reason - there are new people all the time who aren't going to search out previous threads that may or may not be informative, and because we'd like to hear their voices.

I get pretty tired of the Bible bullshit - "Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it". Really, I don't give a shit - but we will continue to have those and other threads partly, as was pointed out to me, to keep our debating skills honed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-12-2011, 03:57 PM
(23-12-2011 12:49 AM)germanyt Wrote:  How many US deaths are there from circumcision each year?

100 deaths from circumcision occur in the US each year, according to Thymos: Journal of Boyhood Studies / Men's Studies Press.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm not saying you can't have your own talk I'm saying a lot of the facts are readily available if you look at the previous posts. Ghost was a much more adamant defender of circumcision in my opinion. You can continue to discuss but it's best as a group if you learn from what has been discussed before continuing. Or do you say you argue about the bible without ever actually reading it?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-12-2011, 04:27 PM
(22-12-2011 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is less sensitivity - skin with nerve endings has bee removed;
skin that was not evolved to be exposed now has the sensitivity of its nerve endings diminished.

As I've said before, I'm not sure that's not the real reason for it. Don't think my wife would ever had the opportunity to climax coitally if I was uncircumcised and super-sensitive (or at least not with me Sad). Hell, I barely got enough staying power desensitized.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-12-2011, 04:51 PM
(23-12-2011 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is less sensitivity - skin with nerve endings has bee removed;
skin that was not evolved to be exposed now has the sensitivity of its nerve endings diminished.

As I've said before, I'm not sure that's not the real reason for it. Don't think my wife would ever had the opportunity to climax coitally if I was uncircumcised and super-sensitive (or at least not with me Sad). Hell, I barely got enough staying power desensitized.

Fairy nuff. Smile If you grow up with a full penis and you come to the conclusion that it's way too sensitive for your own happiness and you consider circumcision as a solution, I support your decision. It still doesn't justify doing it to babies. Not everybody needs surgery to get more staying power and for those who don't, it's abusive, unnecessary and they lose something they would have enjoyed.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
23-12-2011, 05:13 PM
(23-12-2011 04:51 PM)Malleus Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Fairy nuff. Smile If you grow up with a full penis and you come to the conclusion that it's way too sensitive for your own happiness and you consider circumcision as a solution, I support your decision. It still doesn't justify doing it to babies. Not everybody needs surgery to get more staying power and for those who don't, it's abusive, unnecessary and they lose something they would have enjoyed.

I'm obviously not in a position to argue with you. But I would point out to all my circumcised brothers considering extreme measures like foreskin restoration that it's too late, the tissue has already been desensitized. Flopping some skin over it ain't gonna resensitize it anymore than flopping some cotton underwear over it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.