Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2011, 11:28 AM
RE: Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.
(23-12-2011 03:46 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Is this all you have to say after 3 consecutive consistent posts that I addressed to you?

I'm not sure what they consider mutilation where you live, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this practice is about amputating healthy functional body parts which will never grow back. Sounds like mutilation to me.

The fact that you think you're just fine the way you are has no bearing on the reality. I tried to explain before and you never answered. I actually know what the parts you're missing do. You never got to enjoy an unaltered penis so you really don't know the difference, just like you can't explain colors to someone who was born blind.

You don't get to blind your children just because you're blind and you think blind people live a very fulfilling life and you figure that your children would never be truly accepted in your clubs for blind people unless they're blind too. Even if you think you're really making the best decision for them, you are wrong and you need to be stopped.

I'm not sure what you would like me to address. I don't share your view. I don't think circumcision qualifies as genital mutilation. Everyone has a line and yours is different than mine. You say I don't get to enjoy an unaltered penis. The thing is, I don't care. That doesn't bother me or affect me one bit. I never, ever think about it. I'm as satisfied with my circumcision as I would be if I was born that way. As for me being wrong, forgive me if I prefer to keep decisions like circumcision, a very social and still religions practice, within the parents/family. If you think the government should step in and regulate everything we do as parents then you sir, are wrong. I'm glad we don't have an authoritarian like you in charge. God forbid someone do something that you didn't agree with.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2011, 01:16 PM
(28-12-2011 11:28 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 03:46 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Is this all you have to say after 3 consecutive consistent posts that I addressed to you?

I'm not sure what they consider mutilation where you live, and correct me if I'm wrong, but this practice is about amputating healthy functional body parts which will never grow back. Sounds like mutilation to me.

The fact that you think you're just fine the way you are has no bearing on the reality. I tried to explain before and you never answered. I actually know what the parts you're missing do. You never got to enjoy an unaltered penis so you really don't know the difference, just like you can't explain colors to someone who was born blind.

You don't get to blind your children just because you're blind and you think blind people live a very fulfilling life and you figure that your children would never be truly accepted in your clubs for blind people unless they're blind too. Even if you think you're really making the best decision for them, you are wrong and you need to be stopped.

I'm not sure what you would like me to address. I don't share your view. I don't think circumcision qualifies as genital mutilation. Everyone has a line and yours is different than mine. You say I don't get to enjoy an unaltered penis. The thing is, I don't care. That doesn't bother me or affect me one bit. I never, ever think about it. I'm as satisfied with my circumcision as I would be if I was born that way. As for me being wrong, forgive me if I prefer to keep decisions like circumcision, a very social and still religions practice, within the parents/family. If you think the government should step in and regulate everything we do as parents then you sir, are wrong. I'm glad we don't have an authoritarian like you in charge. God forbid someone do something that you didn't agree with.

If you look up 'mutilation' in the dictionary you will not be able to rationally disagree that circumcision is mutilation.

I don't think you will be able to find anyone who is not circumcised who wishes he was.
The only men who defend circumcision are those who have been circumcised.

Sounds a lot like Stockholm Syndrome to me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2011, 01:18 PM
And I would hate to be your son because you would decide by yourself to risk my life and cut off a part of my Johnson. Just because mine has to look like yours.

Given the fact that there is a decent number of people in the world who actually do attempt (or consider) to have it reversed and the approximately 100 boys who die yearly in USA from this procedure or infections/complications related to it, I think that your child needs to be protected from you. It's not that (god forbid) you do something I disagree with. It's because your child should have the right to make his own decisions about the integrity of his body.

I draw the line where people decide to do something unnecessary, life-threatening and irreversible to a child's body. You happen to be one of the lucky ones who does not feel damaged by this procedure. For the sake of the people who don't share your opinion and have no way to really fix what abusive adults did to their body and for those who died, all children should be protected from it and allowed to decide for themselves when they're old enough to do it.

Please do tell me what's wrong with this line and why are you right to cross it?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 2 users Like Malleus's post
28-12-2011, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 05:00 PM by germanyt.)
(28-12-2011 01:18 PM)Malleus Wrote:  And I would hate to be your son because you would decide by yourself to risk my life and cut off a part of my Johnson. Just because mine has to look like yours.

Given the fact that there is a decent number of people in the world who actually do attempt (or consider) to have it reversed and the approximately 100 boys who die yearly in USA from this procedure or infections/complications related to it, I think that your child needs to be protected from you. It's not that (god forbid) you do something I disagree with. It's because your child should have the right to make his own decisions about the integrity of his body.

I draw the line where people decide to do something unnecessary, life-threatening and irreversible to a child's body. You happen to be one of the lucky ones who does not feel damaged by this procedure. For the sake of the people who don't share your opinion and have no way to really fix what abusive adults did to their body and for those who died, all children should be protected from it and allowed to decide for themselves when they're old enough to do it.

Please do tell me what's wrong with this line and why are you right to cross it?

No one is forcing you to cross your line. And I bet most parents would be happy if you would keep to your own line. They will decide what to do. If they want to circumcise their kids they will. If not, they won't. Either way, it affects you none. Pick a better cause man. Why does it seem a thumb nail sized piece of skin is so important to you? What about women who have their necks stretched or bodies scarred in the name of tradiion and custom?

Anyway, you're agruing for nothing. I don't have a problem with circumcision one bit. When it becomes illegal or mandatory I will have a problem. But that will never happen I'm sure.

(28-12-2011 01:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  The only men who defend circumcision are those who have been circumcised.

They why do you care so much. People who aren't cut are happy that way. And those who are cut are also happy that way. If those who are affected by it aren't bothered by it (for the very most part) then why are you?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
28-12-2011, 05:05 PM
(20-12-2011 01:44 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Hey guys we already have an extensive thread on this topic here http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...n-Argument

Its 12 pages of just about every argument for and against it.

from what i remember it lead to a very long debate on the subject.

Hey, officially awesome Scot moderator; yeah, buddy. Wink

I don't know. I once heard it was for heath reasons. It seems that there's some dispute... so it's a sign of the Covenant! I'm Irish Catholic Jew boy - a vampire in everybody's house! Muah-ha-ha-ha....

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
28-12-2011, 05:10 PM
(28-12-2011 04:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  No one is forcing you to cross your line. And I bet most parents would be happy if you would keep to your own line. They will decide what to do. If they want to circumcise their kids they will. If not, they won't. Either way, it affects you none.

Are you serious? What about Muslim fundamentalists whose "line" is drawn in such a place that honor killings are OK? Can you even imagine a world in which each person was able to draw their own line? The law would be powerless to stop a murderer, as long as the murderer sincerely believes that murder is fine. A person's liberty stops where it impedes on another's, and circumcision impedes the child's freedom.
28-12-2011, 05:21 PM
(28-12-2011 04:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(28-12-2011 01:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  The only men who defend circumcision are those who have been circumcised.

They why do you care so much. People who aren't cut are happy that way. And those who are cut are also happy that way. If those who are affected by it aren't bothered by it (for the very most part) then why are you?

Quote what I actually said:
Quote:I don't think you will be able to find anyone who is not circumcised who wishes he was.
The only men who defend circumcision are those who have been circumcised.

Sounds a lot like Stockholm Syndrome to me.

Also, there are many who were circumcised who wish they hadn't been.

And I care so much because it's a violation of human rights.
Which part of 'violation of human rights' don't you understand?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2011, 05:28 PM
(28-12-2011 04:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Why does it seem a thumb nail sized piece of skin is so important to you?

Because it's killing babies for a ridiculous fashion/religious reason? Because some circumcised babies grow up and hate their parents for mutilating them?

Jackrabbit is a cut man who said he confronted his parents about it when he was 12. He IS cut and he wishes he wasn't. What about his rights?

GirlyMan's brothers wanted to have it surgically reverted - painfully stretching whatever skin they have left so it at least looks like it never happened. Why do you have the right to do that to your child? How is this not abuse?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
28-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I was circumcised when I was 8 days old. A normal part of my body was cut off and thrown away because of a primitive tribal ritual. I'll never get it back, and I'll never know what it feels like to have a normal member. I can't see that as anything but a blatant violation of human rights. Don't I have the right to the normal body I was born with?

If a guy decides, once he reaches the age of majority, that he wants to have that procedure done to himself, for whatever reason, fine. It's his body. But don't presume to make that decision for him when he's an infant and has no say in the matter.

Several organizations in the U.S. are fighting against infant circumcision. One I belong to is Intact America.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
29-12-2011, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 08:53 AM by germanyt.)
(28-12-2011 05:10 PM)Ben Wrote:  
(28-12-2011 04:57 PM)germanyt Wrote:  No one is forcing you to cross your line. And I bet most parents would be happy if you would keep to your own line. They will decide what to do. If they want to circumcise their kids they will. If not, they won't. Either way, it affects you none.

Are you serious? What about Muslim fundamentalists whose "line" is drawn in such a place that honor killings are OK? Can you even imagine a world in which each person was able to draw their own line? The law would be powerless to stop a murderer, as long as the murderer sincerely believes that murder is fine. A person's liberty stops where it impedes on another's, and circumcision impedes the child's freedom.

Drawing the line at the most strict point of view is just as extreme as not drawing one at all. I'm not advocating lawlessness or Islam. I won't even bother explaining the difference between taking a person's life and cutting off a person's foreskin.

(23-12-2011 02:23 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I agree Lilith. In those links I have answered questions with sources. It took me awhile to get it all in one place.

Germanyt, may I ask why are you so interested in US stats only?

Because I live in the United States. I wouldn't argue any other statistics because I wouldn't expect any country, even this one, do change something just because I say. Other countries can legislate among themselves.

-Mark Twain