Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2011, 05:59 PM
RE: Circumcision - because Kevuchka asked for it.
(22-12-2011 05:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I live in the Bible belt. Its probably 90 percent in Louisiana. Ima look it up.

You may well be right; it varies widely by region.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 06:02 PM
(22-12-2011 05:36 PM)germanyt Wrote:  No not withous limit. We, as a nation/state/city/community decide what laws and regulations should be in place. And circumcision is legal and widely accepted.

You as a nation/state/city/community thought that slavery is fucking dandy not too long ago. Then you grew up as a nation and decided that it's wrong. Child mutilation is equally offensive and you need to outgrow that too.

Circumcision can be safely performed at almost any age. And it needs to be a personal, informed decision, not a standard procedure. However, the religious people who brought that upon you knew just as well as you do that almost nobody would consent to it unless it's done abusively on them while they're still defenseless victims. The only reason why such a large percentage of your population perpetuates this is that doctors have done it abusively to your children without consent from parents or anybody. Now you have a new generation of people who never knew better and are treating child mutilation as a fashion choice.

Quote:And it is strange. In the same way that a woman with a shaved bald head would seem strange. Not wrong but def abnormal in the US. I only know one dude that has admitted to being uncut and he was born in Cuba.

If cutting off children's legs were fashionable in a society, it would be strange for everybody to see someone actually walking. And those legs would look mighty ugly to 40% of the women, Another 40% would be turned off by a man with legs and 20% would think it's ok.

Fashion is not a good excuse for child mutilation.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Malleus's post
22-12-2011, 06:05 PM
While I understand the idea of cultural normative practices, since the US is supposed to be a place of free exchange, shouldn't the doctors be less pro-circumcision? You really have to convince many physicians not to do it. It would make more sense for the not surgery then the surgery to be common.

We're not in a small tribe and penises are both hidden and not even close to the most common thing kids can make fun of each other about. If we live in a place where more than one skin color is allowed then we shouldn't expect genital alterations to be mandatory. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying the default for the U?S is to cut.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-12-2011, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 06:14 PM by germanyt.)
I looked but couldn't find a statistic on Louisiana. Just asked my Mom, wife, sister, and her friend what they think of an uncut penis. Only my mom has ever seen one. Mom says that when I was born all babies got cut. She doesn't know a parent her age that didn't have their sons circumcised.
(22-12-2011 06:02 PM)Malleus Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 05:36 PM)germanyt Wrote:  No not withous limit. We, as a nation/state/city/community decide what laws and regulations should be in place. And circumcision is legal and widely accepted.

You as a nation/state/city/community thought that slavery is fucking dandy not too long ago. Then you grew up as a nation and decided that it's wrong. Child mutilation is equally offensive and you need to outgrow that too.

Circumcision can be safely performed at almost any age. And it needs to be a personal, informed decision, not a standard procedure. However, the religious people who brought that upon you knew just as well as you do that almost nobody would consent to it unless it's done abusively on them while they're still defenseless victims. The only reason why such a large percentage of your population perpetuates this is that doctors have done it abusively to your children without consent from parents or anybody. Now you have a new generation of people who never knew better and are treating child mutilation as a fashion choice.

Quote:And it is strange. In the same way that a woman with a shaved bald head would seem strange. Not wrong but def abnormal in the US. I only know one dude that has admitted to being uncut and he was born in Cuba.

If cutting off children's legs were fashionable in a society, it would be strange for everybody to see someone actually walking. And those legs would look mighty ugly to 40% of the women, Another 40% would be turned off by a man with legs and 20% would think it's ok.

Fashion is not a good excuse for child mutilation.

See, the word mutilation is what your argument is based on. I don't see it as mutilation.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
22-12-2011, 06:14 PM
(22-12-2011 06:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I looked but couldn't find a statistic on Louisiana. Just asked my Mom, wife, sister, and her friend what they think of an uncut penis. Only my mom has ever seen one. Mom says that when I was born all babies got cut. She doesn't know a parent her age that didn't have their sons circumcised.

I don't doubt that is her experience in Louisiana (or most of the South). In the Western U.S. it is way less than 50%.

Worldwide, only about 30% of men are circumcised - and more than 2/3 of them are Muslims. In Western Europe it's fewer than 20%.

So it is circumcision that is odd.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2011, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 06:52 PM by Lilith Pride.)
If you follow the strict definition of the word mutilation it is obviously a mutilation. If you feel that it should not sound so agressive, you can suggest other forms of accepted mutilations. Actually arguing that it isn't is forgetting what mutilation means. We just don't see every form as abhorrent.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
22-12-2011, 06:41 PM
It's a totally unnecessary procedure. My son didn't have it done and most of his friends haven't either. Here in Australia you have to go looking for a doctor that will perform the procedure as many see it as out-dated and unnecessary.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
22-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Germanyt. You have so many facts skewed, but the one that bugs me the most is the pain and mutation of the infant. THEY FEEL IT. Sleep is a symptom of shock from pain, crying is a symptom of pain, lethargy is a symptom of pain and many parents report their child as seeming 'off' after the (unmedicated) *surgery*. There are also frequent unnecessary deaths from circumcision.

Just because rape, slavery, dictatorship and racism at one point seemed okay we should learn to question all our practices. Including the abuse of circumcision.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
23-12-2011, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 12:53 AM by germanyt.)
(22-12-2011 06:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 06:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I looked but couldn't find a statistic on Louisiana. Just asked my Mom, wife, sister, and her friend what they think of an uncut penis. Only my mom has ever seen one. Mom says that when I was born all babies got cut. She doesn't know a parent her age that didn't have their sons circumcised.

I don't doubt that is her experience in Louisiana (or most of the South). In the Western U.S. it is way less than 50%.

Worldwide, only about 30% of men are circumcised - and more than 2/3 of them are Muslims. In Western Europe it's fewer than 20%.

So it is circumcision that is odd.

It is in the US.

(22-12-2011 11:42 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Germanyt. You have so many facts skewed, but the one that bugs me the most is the pain and mutation of the infant. THEY FEEL IT. Sleep is a symptom of shock from pain, crying is a symptom of pain, lethargy is a symptom of pain and many parents report their child as seeming 'off' after the (unmedicated) *surgery*. There are also frequent unnecessary deaths from circumcision.

Just because rape, slavery, dictatorship and racism at one point seemed okay we should learn to question all our practices. Including the abuse of circumcision.

How many US deaths are there from circumcision each year?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
23-12-2011, 01:11 AM
When links to previous discussions are posted shouldn't people look at them? I mentioned a little because the conversation kept going, but if you want the proof it was given within that long argument. Why make us go back over all that stuff?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Huge And Important Question I've Never Seen Asked On This Forum! Hughsie 45 2,580 09-08-2012 05:02 AM
Last Post: Birdguy1979
  Ran across a circumcision article in the news. germanyt 9 612 12-03-2012 11:26 AM
Last Post: Chilly
  Driving With Minors - Because Chas asked for it. germanyt 33 1,927 04-01-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: germanyt