Circumcision proves god exists - apparently

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 04:12 AM

I came across this rather odd assertion on a christian website.

https://www.premier.org.uk/Topics/Church...God-exists

According to the author, the ideal time for a new-born to be circumcised is the 8th day after birth. This apparently coincides with blood clotting agents being at higher than normal levels in babies therefore its the safest time.

How do rabbis know this..........because it say so in scripture and Moses passed this knowledge on because...........God.

It's about as laughable as Ray Comfort's banana claim.

But what do I care? It's no skin off my nose. Weeping

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
06-03-2017, 04:45 AM
RE: Circumcision proves god exists - apparently
It's skin off your dick Wink

Also new level of idiocy has been achieved.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-03-2017, 04:53 AM
I have to note that part of your linked report says:

"Day 8 is said to be the only time in a baby's life when his prothrombin level will naturally exceed 100 percent of normal... As it turns out, Genesis 17:12 of the Bible mandates the circumcision of infant boys on the eighth day after birth—a recommendation pronounced long before we had the science to back it up".

The above is a quote from New York Times bestseller, Dr Joseph Mercola.

But... Mercola is an osteopath whose main practice is the selling of a lifestyle that he characterizes as "natural." Much of his advice is in opposition to science-based medicine... His opposition to prescription drugs and surgery seems clearly unwarranted in light of the obvious benefits of both... Mercola is one of the leaders of the anti-vaccination movement... He also seems to have an exceptionally poor grasp of epidemiology and pharmacology...

Steven L. Salzberg, a prominent biologist, professor, and researcher at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, calls Mercola "the 21st-century equivalent of a snake-oil salesman". In 2011, the US Food and Drug Administration slapped Mercola with its third warning to stop making what it describes as unfounded claims.

And the proverbial nail in the coffin?

[Image: C201202-Joseph-Mercola-Dr-Oz-Show.jpg]

Mercola Being Interviewed by Fellow Scammer Mehmet Cengiz Oz

The eight day circumcision thing is (another!) biblical myth. Many neonatals are circumcised before hospital discharge—on day 4 or day 5—or often within the first 48 hours (in Australia). The 8-day thing was simply considered safer 2,000 years ago when uncontrolled bleeding and sepsis were serious precluders for earlier circumcision. Modern science has changed that.

Undecided

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
06-03-2017, 04:54 AM
By that logic, the Bible is authentic because Satan planted all of the dinosaur bones God forgot to tell us about.

[Image: devil.1200.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post