Citing sources.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 03:48 AM
Citing sources.
I recently heard the following.

"Believers are more likely than unbelievers to seek extraordinary medical treatment when faced with a condition that is likely to be fatal."

The thing is that I cannot remember where I heard or read that. Maybe a speaker at the Reason Rally, or on YouTube or on a post here. I think it's a real gem but I hesitate to use it in debate because I can't cite a source. Can anyone help me out?

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2016 06:59 AM by Dom.)
RE: Citing sources.
Sorry. never heard it. Did you type the phrase into google?

I just did and the first entry is this thread. Smile I don't have the time now, but it if you keep changing the wording you might find it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-06-2016, 11:01 AM
I had a look see, and came up with zilch. The closest I could find was something about stress and anxiety differences in each of the two cases:

"Believing in God can help block anxiety and minimize stress, according to new research that shows distinct brain differences between believers and non-believers."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...160400.htm

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
29-06-2016, 11:06 AM
(29-06-2016 03:48 AM)f stop Wrote:  I recently heard the following.

"Believers are more likely than unbelievers to seek extraordinary medical treatment when faced with a condition that is likely to be fatal."

The thing is that I cannot remember where I heard or read that. Maybe a speaker at the Reason Rally, or on YouTube or on a post here. I think it's a real gem but I hesitate to use it in debate because I can't cite a source. Can anyone help me out?

I heard this back on the old RDF forums. That's the extent of my memory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 11:09 AM
is pray methods extraordinary medical treatment. Or does it count holistic treatment? or experimental scientific treatments?

without even an acknowledgement of what Extraordinary is the source isn't even still the only concern.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson