City vs suburbs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2016, 11:10 AM
City vs suburbs?
As atheists is it healthier to live in the city/urban areas? And what about lgbtq atheists and where we should live???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: City vs suburbs?
I think you should live wherever *you* are happiest. For some that's the country, for others it's the city, for some it's both. I think "healthiest places for atheists" depends on where you are happiest.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Do you mean as it pertains to support by others or community... then the city might be more friendly or rewarding towards your atheism. At least there will be a larger variety of people from which to chose your friends and more groups that are accepting to choose from.

In the country there are non-believers but usually they are quite about it. It's the religious that have a tendency to be loud (read loud-mouthed). I love the country but that's me. I'm moving back there soon. With my new job, which is in a rural industrial park, I can sell my house and moved back to the boonies. So happy about that! Clap

It's just something you have to decide for yourself.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
02-04-2016, 11:58 AM
I lived in small city and a much bigger one. There was no difference in regards to my atheism that is.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Wherever you feel comfortable, I myself live on the outskirts of a large town, everything I need is close, but it's nice and quiet where I live.

Depends on the individual I think.
02-04-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't understand...my atheist card only says that I don't believe in god(s) and doesn't speak to where I should live, or even how I should live.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-04-2016, 12:23 PM
(02-04-2016 12:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't understand...my atheist card only says that I don't believe in god(s) and doesn't speak to where I should live, or even how I should live.

Really? My atheist card says I should live in a mansion. Sadly rentals for mansions are really high Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
02-04-2016, 12:26 PM
There's no rule. Cities tend to be more diverse and so at least theoretically more open to different kinds of people, including atheists, and there tend to be more single adults in urban areas than in suburbs, so the dating pool can be larger. But if you don't like crowds and noise and close quarters, a city might not be for you.

If you're stuck somewhere in the Bible Belt, a move out of it could be freeing and fun.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
02-04-2016, 12:30 PM
I don't even like going into cities anymore..............

Cuz ya know, come the zombie apocalypse - it's not the place to be............

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
02-04-2016, 12:39 PM
(02-04-2016 11:10 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  As atheists is it healthier to live in the city/urban areas? And what about lgbtq atheists and where we should live???

That's up to personal preference. Atheists are just as likely to live in big cities as small towns, north as south, red as blue, etc. I know them to be from multiple places.

I would say that more liberal places can be a little more accomodating to atheists i.e. The west coast, the northeast, upper Midwestern states. I think it's more about where you personally feel you fit in and where work seems to be available.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade