Civil disturbance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Civil disturbance
Quote:Civil disturbance means acts of violence and disorder prejudicial to the public law and order. It includes acts such as riots, acts of violence, insurrections, unlawful obstructions or assemblages, or other disorders prejudicial to public law and order. It also includes all domestic conditions requiring or likely to require the use of federal armed forces.

I do worry about this occurring if Trump loses.

But I worry more about global disturbance if he gets into office.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Dom's post
16-10-2016, 12:30 PM
RE: Civil disturbance
I was talking to my sister about this just the other day.

I have a feeling all the real fireworks could start after the election.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
16-10-2016, 01:00 PM
(16-10-2016 12:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  I was talking to my sister about this just the other day.

I have a feeling all the real fireworks could start after the election.

Actually I wondered how quickly the sniping and/or bombing, by white supremists, would start after Obama was elected...

But this is a bigger problem, maybe lower order but bigger numbers with "ordinary" red necks etc added to the mix. Good camouflage for more extreme groups?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
16-10-2016, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 07:59 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(16-10-2016 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote:Civil disturbance means acts of violence and disorder prejudicial to the public law and order. It includes acts such as riots, acts of violence, insurrections, unlawful obstructions or assemblages, or other disorders prejudicial to public law and order. It also includes all domestic conditions requiring or likely to require the use of federal armed forces.

It's always been a risk. My own conclusions are that these alt right groups do not have any kind of idea of how to do this nor are they willing to pay the full price of instigating an act of treason against the United States. In truth, they are just drama queens and very few are ready to ever assume the mantle of a revolution.

Now there are plenty of groups which seem to be motivated enough for violence - see the SPLC's or ADL's lists of hate or anti government extremeists movements. The FBI arrested a militia movement in Missouri last Saturday on terrorism charges as they were conspiring to bomb an apartment complex where Somali muslim refugees were living. Then there was the Hutaree Christian militia in Michigan which was supposed to have been plotting to kill police officers in order instigate a revolution. The govt eventually dropped the charges in that case. Still since 2008, the right wing militia movement has been on the rise.

These guys seem to talk tough. They'll hold meeting where they rail about G-men coming for their guns or FEMA setting up concentration camps equipped with guillotines to slaughter those who won't accept the new world order. But they really have no idea what they are doing and when these ideas or plans come out into the light they quickly collapse under the weight of their own bullshit. I think about that recent seizure up in Oregon where 'patriots' seized a BLM facility; this revolution ended within a month or so as the participants quickly tired when the government did not produce the drama they were craving and they left.

Yeah the alt right are a bunch of drama queens and press sluts. A few go violent but cannot foment into a viable revolution with plausible goals. I think Bill Maher was right about them; they are nothing more than whiny little bitches.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 4 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
16-10-2016, 01:28 PM
(16-10-2016 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  

They need to lose and lose badly. That will send them back to the nether regions of the internet where they have always resided.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
16-10-2016, 01:33 PM
(16-10-2016 01:18 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  I do worry about this occurring if Trump loses.

It's always been a risk. My own conclusions are that these alt right groups do not have any kind of idea of how to do this nor are they willing to pay the full price of instigating an act of treason against the United States. In truth, they are just drama queens and very few are ready to ever assume the mantle of a revolution.

Now there are plenty of groups which seem to be motivated enough for violence - see the SPLC's or ADL's lists of hate or anti government extremeists movements. The FBI arrested a militia movement in Missouri on terrorism charges as they were conspiring to bomb an apartment complex where Somali muslim refugees were living. Then there was the Hutaree Christian militia in Michigan which was supposed to have been plotting to kill police officers in order instigate a revolution. The govt eventually dropped the charges in that case. Still since 2008, the right wing militia movement has been on the rise.

These guys seem to talk tough. They'll hold meeting where they rail about G-men coming for their guns or FEMA setting up concentration camps equipped with guillotines to slaughter those who won't accept the new world order. But they really have no idea what they are doing and when these ideas or plans come out into the light they quickly collapse under the weight of their own bullshit. I think about that recent seizure up in Oregon where 'patriots' seized a BLM facility; this revolution endewithin a month or so as the participants quickly tires when the government did not produce the drama they were craving and they left.

Yeah the alt right are a bunch of drama queens and press sluts. A few go violent but cannot foment into a viable revolution with plausible goals. I think Bill Maher was right about them; they are nothing more than whiny little bitches.
If you are right that, sort of, answers some of the points in my post.

16-10-2016, 01:46 PM
(16-10-2016 01:18 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  It's always been a risk. My own conclusions are that these alt right groups do not have any kind of idea of how to do this nor are they willing to pay the full price of instigating an act of treason against the United States. In truth, they are just drama queens and very few are ready to ever assume the mantle of a revolution.

Now there are plenty of groups which seem to be motivated enough for violence - see the SPLC's or ADL's lists of hate or anti government extremeists movements. The FBI arrested a militia movement in Missouri on terrorism charges as they were conspiring to bomb an apartment complex where Somali muslim refugees were living. Then there was the Hutaree Christian militia in Michigan which was supposed to have been plotting to kill police officers in order instigate a revolution. The govt eventually dropped the charges in that case. Still since 2008, the right wing militia movement has been on the rise.

These guys seem to talk tough. They'll hold meeting where they rail about G-men coming for their guns or FEMA setting up concentration camps equipped with guillotines to slaughter those who won't accept the new world order. But they really have no idea what they are doing and when these ideas or plans come out into the light they quickly collapse under the weight of their own bullshit. I think about that recent seizure up in Oregon where 'patriots' seized a BLM facility; this revolution endewithin a month or so as the participants quickly tires when the government did not produce the drama they were craving and they left.

I think we can resume this entire hysteria by the following axiom:

The Alt Right as more power fantasy than actual power.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
16-10-2016, 01:50 PM
(16-10-2016 01:46 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 01:18 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  It's always been a risk. My own conclusions are that these alt right groups do not have any kind of idea of how to do this nor are they willing to pay the full price of instigating an act of treason against the United States. In truth, they are just drama queens and very few are ready to ever assume the mantle of a revolution.

I think we can resume this entire hysteria by the following axiom:

The Alt Right as more power fantasy than actual power.

All show and no go?

16-10-2016, 02:13 PM
He knows how to whip up a crowd. He keeps making remarks that incite. He's going to make more and more of those remarks as he keeps losing...It just worries me. I knew he would unravel sooner or later, but I didn't realize he had the same type of followers Hitler had originally. Small bands of armed men spreading terror...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-10-2016, 02:19 PM
(16-10-2016 01:50 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  All show and no go?

The exact term is delusion of grandeur with a side dish of persecution complex. That's why many of them hold self contradictory beliefs. For example, many amongst them believe ethnic minorities to be weak minded, primitive, stupid, feeble and incapable of surviving on their own. But simultaniously believe that they control society, culture and the governement. You can replace ethnic minority with religious people (if they happen to be atheists), non Christian (if they happen to by fundamentalists) or women (if they happen to be sexist). Some even believe that there is some alliance between one of those groups and several others. They are more akin to conspiracy theorists, in my opinion, than revolutionnary or even activists.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post