Civil disturbance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2016, 02:28 PM
RE: Civil disturbance
(16-10-2016 02:19 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 01:50 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  All show and no go?

The exact term is delusion of grandeur with a side dish of persecution complex...

Add to that a heavy, and I mean heavy dose of narcissism too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2016, 02:36 PM
(16-10-2016 02:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 02:19 PM)epronovost Wrote:  The exact term is delusion of grandeur with a side dish of persecution complex...

Add to that a heavy, and I mean heavy dose of narcissism too.

Malignant narcissism is pretty much delusions of grandeur, including paranoia and extreme anger when discredited. Tendency to file frivolous lawsuits, and other ways of retribution if available. He is a text book malignant Narcissist.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
16-10-2016, 04:46 PM
It will depend on how things shape up on election day. If Hillary maintains her current lead then there might be a few minor incidents but it's unlikely there will be much else. If things go like the 2000 election, well I don't see Trump giving up a recount in Florida quite so gracefully.

Regardless, I don't think there will be serious violence. Trump is a coward. He's content to pander to the basest base but will run and hide at the first hint of possible personal or financial harm. His yapping about the polls/election/media/universe being rigged is simply a manifestation of his inability to accept responsibility for anything. A rigged system is the only way he can justify his loss. Ditto on his followers. They're full of glorious delusion but few of them envision being shot or imprisoned for their cause. They're also disorganized. As a mob they're a danger and not one that I'd want to be facing down if I were a cop on election night but once dispersed they're pretty impotent.

The thing that worries me most is the possibility that some nutjob might shoot Trump. That would get very ugly on many levels.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
16-10-2016, 05:20 PM
The one possible benefit would be a boost to the sex-toy and delivery-service sectors of the economy.
16-10-2016, 05:38 PM
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/us/....html?_r=0

Propensity for violence is not limited to Trump supporters. There are plenty of people on both sides looking for an excuse to stir up a shitstorm when they don't get what they want. That's why the extreme nature of our current division is going to be a big problem regardless of who wins. We've got a lot of people on both sides who are convinced the world will be over if the other side wins, and they're ready to fight like cornered animals as a result of this perception.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
16-10-2016, 05:50 PM
(16-10-2016 05:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/us/....html?_r=0

Propensity for violence is not limited to Trump supporters. There are plenty of people on both sides looking for an excuse to stir up a shitstorm when they don't get what they want. That's why the extreme nature of our current division is going to be a big problem regardless of who wins. We've got a lot of people on both sides who are convinced the world will be over if the other side wins, and they're ready to fight like cornered animals as a result of this perception.

We don't know who firebombed that office. But Trump has already tweeted

Quote:Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP

Hillary tweeted

Quote:The attack on the Orange County HQ @NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable. Very grateful that everyone is safe.

I still scratch my head when someone mentions that these two are on the same level of crassness.

What Trump is doing is likely to incite one of his more mindless automatons(there too many) to engage in "revenge" attacks.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 6 users Like tomilay's post
16-10-2016, 06:49 PM
(16-10-2016 05:50 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(16-10-2016 05:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/us/....html?_r=0

We don't know who firebombed that office. But Trump has already tweeted

Quote:Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP

Hillary tweeted

Quote:The attack on the Orange County HQ @NCGOP office is horrific and unacceptable. Very grateful that everyone is safe.

I still scratch my head when someone mentions that these two are on the same level of crassness.

What Trump is doing is likely to incite one of his more mindless automatons(there too many) to engage in "revenge" attacks.

This sort of thing is exactly what I am afraid of.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-10-2016, 06:56 PM

Apparently so. This is what happens when the rhetoric is pumped up to full volume.

I hope I’m wrong but I would not be surprised to see a retaliatory strike.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-10-2016, 07:16 PM
Hope not. Such escalation competitions can quickly exceed a nation's ability to keep them under control and rip apart culturally divided societies Soviet Union style. But here I go catastrophizing Tongue.

'Murican Canadian
16-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Both Ryan and Pence this weekend said that the results of the election would be respected. If Trump ever expects to do ANYTHING again, he will not feed this. Of course he's going down as "just another boring Bill Cosby", never to rise again. In a sort of strange way, we have Cosby to thank that the women's stories can be seen as credible ... without that recent series of events, no one may have believed them ... as it is, it just follows a tired sick pattern, that people see as possible, (which before Cosby, was not seen as possible).

How long before the kids disown him and Malania files for divorce ?
A month, two months ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post