Civil disturbance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 02:23 AM
RE: Civil disturbance
On the infinitely tiny, outside chance that Drumpf were to be the next POTUS, what would his virtually immediate impeachment entail? Could a viable case be mounted given sufficient cause? Or would it just be wishful thinking on my part? Unsure

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2016, 09:21 AM
(18-10-2016 02:23 AM)SYZ Wrote:  On the infinitely tiny, outside chance that Drumpf were to be the next POTUS, what would his virtually immediate impeachment entail? Could a viable case be mounted given sufficient cause? Or would it just be wishful thinking on my part? Unsure

The last thing we would want to do is impeach him. Taking Trump out of office would put Pence in his place, and Pence is worse.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-10-2016, 09:25 AM
(18-10-2016 09:21 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 02:23 AM)SYZ Wrote:  On the infinitely tiny, outside chance that Drumpf were to be the next POTUS, what would his virtually immediate impeachment entail? Could a viable case be mounted given sufficient cause? Or would it just be wishful thinking on my part? Unsure

The last thing we would want to do is impeach him. Taking Trump out of office would put Pence in his place, and Pence is worse.

At this point I think best case scenario is Hillary wins and then immediately dies, leaving us with someone not really too impressive but not batshit insane either.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-10-2016, 10:06 AM
(17-10-2016 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 04:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  It would never be 3 parties, because if there was an ultra right party, an ultra left one would emerge (maybe Sanders) and so forth. These would then all make deals with each other. That's what seems to happen in multi party environments.

Exactly.

Multi-party systems of course have their faults. But first past the post's faults FAR FAR outweigh the faults of multi-party systems faults.

Quote:The next problem is that the system isn't built for anything but a two party system.

So change it. Do away with the college system, it's stupid anyway.
And I disagree anyway. You could have MMP with your electoral college.
Take your 100 senator seats, divide them among the States, maybe Hawaii gets 1 Texas gets 3, something like that. When you have elections for the senate just keep that FPP OR do it preferential voting. ie: You have a list of candidates and put a number next to them most to least favourite.

ie: Say you live in Texas and there's 3 seats.
You go to the voting booth and on the paper is say 7 candidates. You see their name and their party affiliation. You write 1 next to your top candidate, 2 next to your 2nd, 3 next to your third. Votes are counted and the top 3 get a seat each.

Then for the house of representatives you just go off percentage of votes.
If 50% of people vote for Democrats the Democrats get 50% of the House of representative seats.

I've been saying this for a while now.

It's too different for many to grasp. I think it would encourage more people to actually vote.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-10-2016, 11:00 AM
I don't think the right has a monopoly on idiocy or violence---

Inciting violence at Trump events.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
18-10-2016, 11:57 AM
(18-10-2016 11:00 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I don't think the right has a monopoly on idiocy or violence---

Inciting violence at Trump events.

You’re absolutely right on this point and there isn’t an excuse.

I’ve often remarked on how douchebaggery knows no nationality, race, gender, age or political affiliation.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Back to Civil Disobedience, this just in from the Rose Garden.

WASHINGTON — President Obama said Tuesday that Donald J. Trump should “stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes.”

One of the great things about America’s democracy is we have a vigorous, sometimes bitter political contest, and when it’s done, historically, regardless of party, the person who loses the election congratulates the winner, reaffirms our democracy and we move forward,” Mr. Obama said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/us/pol....html?_r=0

video imbedded

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-10-2016, 01:19 PM
(18-10-2016 12:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Back to Civil Disobedience, this just in from the Rose Garden.

WASHINGTON — President Obama said Tuesday that Donald J. Trump should “stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes.”

One of the great things about America’s democracy is we have a vigorous, sometimes bitter political contest, and when it’s done, historically, regardless of party, the person who loses the election congratulates the winner, reaffirms our democracy and we move forward,” Mr. Obama said.

video imbedded

I posted this a couple pages ago. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-10-2016, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 01:39 PM by Full Circle.)
(18-10-2016 01:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 12:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Back to Civil Disobedience, this just in from the Rose Garden.

video imbedded

I posted this a couple pages ago. Dodgy

I shall self flagellate until you tell me to stop.Blush
But to be fair the topic is similar but the story itself is quite different, plus mine has video Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
18-10-2016, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 02:04 PM by dancefortwo.)
(18-10-2016 01:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 01:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I posted this a couple pages ago. Dodgy

I shall self flagellate until you tell me to stop.Blush
But to be fair the topic is similar but the story itself is quite different, plus mine has video Big Grin

Flagellate away! Tongue

I clearly remember Al Gore's speech when he conceded the election in 2000. It was memorable. I had great respect for Al Gore after hearing this speech.

This is a speech that Donald Trump could neither read nor write nor could he understand most of the words. This is the way one concedes defeat. This is how it's done, Donald. You don't take the entire country and all it's institutions down with your loss. You man-up and take it with some grace .

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post