Civil rights movement U-turn

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 06:22 AM
Civil rights movement U-turn
http://www.civilrightsmovement.co.uk/rig...peech.html

At the bottom of this page it seems to me the last 3 paragraphs try and blame murder on the drawings of cartoons and writings of articles. I'm so angry over this. I've tried to get in touch with them but my email wouldn't go through. I rushed the email so it's kinda messy:

Dear sir/madam,

I had just finished reading the article on freedom of speech on your site and must say that I haven't felt as much betrayal and offense as I just had in a long, long time.

Firstly, under the subtitle, "Rights in action", it is insinuated that the Danish newspaper were responsible for the burning of several embassies and the death of a cartoonist. Why? Because they exercised their freedom.

This is a quote in the next paragraph, "However, if they had acted in a more responsible manner it may have avoided the deaths and violence that occurred. Freedom of speech and expression is important but there are consequences if these rights are not used in a responsible manner."

If there is a bully in a playground, should it be your responsibility to stay inside as to not risk violence being committed against you?

I don't understand why the writer of this article is aiming to push the blame of murder onto the people who drew pictures. The responsibility is on the murderers to control their anger and TO NOT MURDER. Offense is a product of a free society.

It wasn't long ago that they majority of society rejected homosexuality as innately immoral. Satire ridiculed this and the masses were outraged. Would you have been on the side of the satirists or defend the hurt feelings of the masses?

I am deeply offended and troubled whenever I see people try to justify physical violence in order to shun satire. If I gathered thousands of my friends to riot and burn buildings and kill people because of the offense and shame I feel in result of this article, would the author defend me and take responsibility?

It's extremely disappointing to see something like this on a site such as your own. The ignorance of it is astonishing.

I know this mail is disorderly but I'm trying to rush, apologies.

Thank you for your time,

The email wouldn't go through Sad I really want them to change it. So. Much. Anger.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Civil rights movement U-turn
Just noticed how hypocritical I am lol.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
29-04-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Civil rights movement U-turn
Religion apparently has special status and in the mind of many it is not to be critiqued. Also political correctness might play a role in it. I find it distasteful that anyone could think that victims were somehow guilty, for theirs only "fault" was stating some opinion.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.