Civilization V

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Civilization V
I'm currently unable to stop myself from playing this game. I just started a campaign as Korea and Washington asked nicely for open borders to me, only to declare war 2 turns later, only to ask me to go to war FOR HIM.

Wow, what a prick. What did you guys experience in play? Who's your favorite world leader?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Civilization V
Gotta be Ramesses II. Gimmie that quick wonder build time any day.
It's a great game. I like Civ 4 better but I like Civ 5's combat with the 1 unit, 1 square better.

[Image: oscar.png]
11-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Depends on how I'm playing. Korea is ideal for rushing tech. I also enjoy using Korea simply because I'm a language nerd, and Sejong is kind of an idol of mine in that regards, being that he is responsible for putting together the team of scholars who created the modem Korean alphabet, replacing the borrowed Chinese writing system Tongue. Random geek fact.

'Murican Canadian
11-07-2015, 06:57 AM
I like don't really know which of them that are my favorite. But I freaking hate Harald Bluetooth because his voice is fucking stupid.
02-08-2015, 11:43 PM
I have played pretty much every Civ game ever created. I'm hard pressed to pick which one I like better between civ5 and Civ 4 mod Caveman to Cosmos though (I don't play any normal civ4 games now). I love the depth of Civ4 that makes civ5 look like chutes and ladders but the hex map is so much better than square grid maps. I swear I can't see how game makers are dumb enough to use a square system that just doesn't work when the hex system has been used in wargaming since the 70's. I've never seen a game that was better off using squares than hexes. If it weren't for that then civ4 would be better hands down.
[+] 1 user Likes Flutterbee's post
03-08-2015, 06:40 AM
I still like playing the original Civ. It is just too much fun being Stalin.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
03-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Well, the original Civ was a board game. I actually did start on the first computer game also. I still like civ4 the best. Look into Caveman to cosmos is you have the chance. The deepth of it is amazing. You have to have Civ4 beyond the sword to play it though.