Claim: God has now been proofed through science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Claim: God has now been proofed through science
I am on Quora. Anybody who doesn't know Quora. It is a means to just ask questions and get answers. Not in the sense of a forum where you will discuss, but pure as that, questions and answers.

So I saw a question that said:
Why do people choose to not believe in God even though science has proven his existence?

And with this questions came two videos. One video is complete bullshit talking about maths and string theory and cosmic music. Some really weird ass bullshit so not gonna bother you with it.

But also another video came with it and I am actually kinda impressed. Not because now I believe in a god but ... well watch it. It is about 6 minutes or so. And then let me know what you are thinking.

I wanted to hurry and be like "nonono that is not science" but actually I get the idea behind what he is saying. Still though... A bit far fetched in my opinion.
He lost me at the "nothing" and "something"stuff a little of course. And the "biblical definition of god" I am not sold on either because no two bible versions or Christians define god in the same way.

I would really like to hear your opinions on this video.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Claim: God has now been proofed through science
As others will no doubt expand upon:

There's a point beyond which our current knowledge/understanding 'Breaks down'.

He's also redefining 'Laws' etc do that he can push them back into the place where we don't currently know.

He's simply putting his deity into the gap where currently we simply don't know.

He's also saying by 'default' it MUST be his deity.

I wonder if a Hindu or Muslim (Buddhist, Cthonian, etc) put their hand (Appendage) up and said it was their deity on the very left of the page, whether he'd refute them? Consider
[+] 8 users Like Peebothuhul's post
29-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Yeah, uhh, no....

Like I'm going to sign up for some bullshit that's being spewed by some fuzznut fuckjob that looks suspiciously like Marshall Applewhite- that fun loving whackadoodle that ran Heaven's Gate.

Remember them? Those morons 20 years ago that cut off their nuts, then committed mass suicide so they could catch a ride on the UFO that was hiding behind comet Hale-Bopp?

Yeah, sorry...

I'm pretty sure I've got something going on that weekend.

I'll pass.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-03-2017, 04:07 PM
(29-03-2017 03:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  But also another video came with it and I am actually kinda impressed.

The "big bang" is the furthest back we can reach given our current level of knowledge. He claims this is "creation" but we do not know that and it certainly doesn't imply that a god stepped in at that point. It could be some kind of phase transition from an earlier state, or perhaps an effect from another universe or some kind of multiverse, or it could be uncaused (the rules within our universe don't have to apply "outside" it), or something we haven't even thought of. Calling that proof of god is an argument from ignorance aka god-of-the-gaps.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
29-03-2017, 04:08 PM
@Peebothuhul: Yea I was thinking something like that. Basically the well-known god of the gaps.

EDIT: lol unfogged wrote the same conclusion at the same time. It must be god who made us do that Big Grin bla

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
29-03-2017, 04:27 PM
OK, this is the cosmological argument.

I think what should be noted is that scientists know what happened a minute amount of time after the initial big bang. But they don't know what preceded it.
They don't know if time and space existed prior, they don't know if matter existed prior. All they know is about the big bang (the expansion) of our own observable universe.

It is a mistake to claim that the universe came from nothing and it oversimplifies what is meant by the term "the universe". Forces and particles are a result of energy fields. Energy fields pervade everywhere, and every time, gravity fields are everywhere, electro magnetic fields are everywhere. Particles (matter) is merely a vibration in the energy fields (perhaps a super position of energy field vibrations). Vibrations in the the Higgs field gives us the Higgs boson particle, vibrations in the electron field gives us the electron fermion particle. All particles are either bosons or fermions. Fermions behave according to the Pauli exclusion principle, meaning that two fermions cannot have the exact same state. Rules like this mean that you cannot squeeze a collection of fermions into a single point in Space. Fermions are our matter particles and bosons are our energy particles. Various fields and particle interact with various other fields and particles but not with all of them, nutrinos hardly interact with any other fields.

So questions are with regards to how come we have these rules? Where do they come from, how are they enforced/maintained? Did they exist prior to the big bang, if so, what is their source?

I think not having the answers to questions doesn't automatically point us to the existence of a creator god. That is not the way science works. They don't work on the premise that unexplained things must have come from a magical god. Some theologians that want to "find" evidence for their god, do hold onto this premise, it's a confirmation bias.
[+] 8 users Like Stevil's post
29-03-2017, 04:33 PM
(29-03-2017 04:07 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 03:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  But also another video came with it and I am actually kinda impressed.

The "big bang" is the furthest back we can reach given our current level of knowledge. He claims this is "creation" but we do not know that and it certainly doesn't imply that a god stepped in at that point. It could be some kind of phase transition from an earlier state, or perhaps an effect from another universe or some kind of multiverse, or it could be uncaused (the rules within our universe don't have to apply "outside" it), or something we haven't even thought of. Calling that proof of god is an argument from ignorance aka god-of-the-gaps.
The BB was creation and He waited 14,000,000,000+ years to bring Man into existence? Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Buncha nonsense. If he has "proof" he's the only theist ever, who needs no faith. "Forces acting upon" require time. "Predating" is a temporal concept. He's full of crap.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-03-2017, 05:08 PM
The model of the expanding universe used in the video does not preclude the hypothesis that the universe simply expanded from a pre-existing form. To claim that God is responsible is unsupported by science. Hence, science has not discovered ANY god, including the Christian God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Guth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_...iverse.svg
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
29-03-2017, 05:20 PM
(29-03-2017 04:33 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 04:07 PM)unfogged Wrote:  The "big bang" is the furthest back we can reach given our current level of knowledge. He claims this is "creation" but we do not know that and it certainly doesn't imply that a god stepped in at that point. It could be some kind of phase transition from an earlier state, or perhaps an effect from another universe or some kind of multiverse, or it could be uncaused (the rules within our universe don't have to apply "outside" it), or something we haven't even thought of. Calling that proof of god is an argument from ignorance aka god-of-the-gaps.
The BB was creation and He waited 14,000,000,000+ years to bring Man into existence? Consider

Yabut, that's only a bit over 38000 god years.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post