Claim: God has now been proofed through science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 05:28 PM
RE: Claim: God has now been proofed through science
(29-03-2017 03:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am on Quora. Anybody who doesn't know Quora. It is a means to just ask questions and get answers. Not in the sense of a forum where you will discuss, but pure as that, questions and answers.

So I saw a question that said:
Why do people choose to not believe in God even though science has proven his existence?

And with this questions came two videos. One video is complete bullshit talking about maths and string theory and cosmic music. Some really weird ass bullshit so not gonna bother you with it.

But also another video came with it and I am actually kinda impressed. Not because now I believe in a god but ... well watch it. It is about 6 minutes or so. And then let me know what you are thinking.

I wanted to hurry and be like "nonono that is not science" but actually I get the idea behind what he is saying. Still though... A bit far fetched in my opinion.
He lost me at the "nothing" and "something"stuff a little of course. And the "biblical definition of god" I am not sold on either because no two bible versions or Christians define god in the same way.

I would really like to hear your opinions on this video.

> I'll look forward to seeing his peer-reviewed hypothesis published in NATURE. Until then, I'll regard it as unsupported hogwash.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post
29-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(29-03-2017 05:28 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 03:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am on Quora. Anybody who doesn't know Quora. It is a means to just ask questions and get answers. Not in the sense of a forum where you will discuss, but pure as that, questions and answers.

Why do people choose to not believe in God even though science has proven his existence?

And with this questions came two videos. One video is complete bullshit talking about maths and string theory and cosmic music. Some really weird ass bullshit so not gonna bother you with it.

But also another video came with it and I am actually kinda impressed. Not because now I believe in a god but ... well watch it. It is about 6 minutes or so. And then let me know what you are thinking.

I wanted to hurry and be like "nonono that is not science" but actually I get the idea behind what he is saying. Still though... A bit far fetched in my opinion.
He lost me at the "nothing" and "something"stuff a little of course. And the "biblical definition of god" I am not sold on either because no two bible versions or Christians define god in the same way.

> I'll look forward to seeing his peer-reviewed hypothesis published in NATURE. Until then, I'll regard it as unsupported hogwash.
I can't wait to see it on The Onion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
29-03-2017, 05:47 PM
(29-03-2017 05:43 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I can't wait to see it on The Onion.

OMG fake news omg omg

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
29-03-2017, 06:10 PM
(29-03-2017 03:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I would really like to hear your opinions on this video.

Wow! "God Discovered in Five Minutes"?!!

I looked for 25 years and only discovered that atheists were correct.

Hobo
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
29-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Darn. I read the typo and thought we'd find out God's alcohol content.

Smile

My little rambling blog. (More topical than this one, at least.)
[+] 3 users Like Ricochet180's post
29-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Did science also discover that a leprechaun fart created the universe ?

Cause my definition of a leprechaun fart matches exactly what we see in the big bang.

Hey Mister physics guy in the video.
Your understanding of the cosmos and what we know about it, needs a little updating.
One, nature isn't a conscious living being.
Calling your god, nature, doesn't suddenly make him conscious or intelligent.

If I have an imaginary friend that has all of the properties of a sponge cake, then if I bake a sponge cake, that doesn't mean my imaginary friend is real.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
29-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Claim: God has now been proofed through science
I have an ongoing hobby of rebutting, confounding and generally ridiculing a particularly obnoxious theist on another forum. He repeatedly makes the same claim and when it is pointed out that his is an argument from ignorance tries to claim that "logic" "proves" the claim.

It's then pointed out that he's using fallacious logic and that in any case he is required to provide evidence.

"Ah!", he says, "but my logic is evidence."

Nope

If he's asked to use his "logic" to prove that it wasn't some other god who was responsible, he runs away.

That doesn't stop him coming back and repeating his nonsense on a regular basis though.

You can't argue with idiots but you can show how idiotic they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
29-03-2017, 11:47 PM

If this guy's credentials are correct, then he is fully well aware of how full of shit he is.

The universe as we know it can have a beginning (big bang). That does not mean that there was "nothing" in existence before it. The universe (as we know it) can have a beginning, yet it could also be eternal all at the same time (aka before the universe as we know it something else was here.....crazy innit) Also those big black expanses on the outer edge of his map aren't "nothing" and he fucking know's that. What they are is "WE DON"T FUCKING KNOW WE CAN"T SEE THAT FAR" /sigh....... He know's this, that is a deliberate lie.

If you find yourself falling for his "law" bullshit, you need to learn what a natural "law" really is. Again if his credentials are true then he know's he's lying. Also before the big bang the "natural laws" aren't something we could determine from this side of the event. At least not completely, the "rules" the way the universe operates could have been very different (And likely were I think). I recommend Lawrence Krauss a universe from nothing, if you want a real scientific look at this. And lest you forget a "law" describes the world, it does not incline it.

How far can we see?

Like dude no offense but this shouldn't give you pause. Even if everything he said weren't an outright lie, it still wouldn't point to his god. I mean, if this guy is saying his god is a stick of TNT then I guess I got no arguments, let me light this thing, he can hold it and pray till his face blows off for all I care....

He's a fucking idiot and he doesn't impress me.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
29-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Conformation bias spares no man. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-03-2017, 04:36 AM
I got to less than a minute in to that video and heard the first blatant falsehood.........................and that was enough.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post