Claim: God has now been proofed through science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 05:15 AM
RE: Claim: God has now been proofed through science
(29-03-2017 03:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am on Quora. Anybody who doesn't know Quora. It is a means to just ask questions and get answers. Not in the sense of a forum where you will discuss, but pure as that, questions and answers.

So I saw a question that said:
Why do people choose to not believe in God even though science has proven his existence?

And with this questions came two videos. One video is complete bullshit talking about maths and string theory and cosmic music. Some really weird ass bullshit so not gonna bother you with it.

But also another video came with it and I am actually kinda impressed. Not because now I believe in a god but ... well watch it. It is about 6 minutes or so. And then let me know what you are thinking.

I wanted to hurry and be like "nonono that is not science" but actually I get the idea behind what he is saying. Still though... A bit far fetched in my opinion.
He lost me at the "nothing" and "something"stuff a little of course. And the "biblical definition of god" I am not sold on either because no two bible versions or Christians define god in the same way.

I would really like to hear your opinions on this video.

He states "humans think in a box" and then proceeds to assert his anthropomorphic god as a cause of the universe. Facepalm

He also demonstrates a profound ignorance of the biblical creation story as it states that the stars were created after the earth was created and their purpose was to server as a sign for seasons on Earth. Facepalm

To even say that stars were created in one moment is an error, stars are constantly being created even as we speak, it's a continuous process that has never stopped.

So he can take his bible and shove it. Yes

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
30-03-2017, 06:08 AM
(30-03-2017 05:15 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 03:50 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I am on Quora. Anybody who doesn't know Quora. It is a means to just ask questions and get answers. Not in the sense of a forum where you will discuss, but pure as that, questions and answers.

So I saw a question that said:
Why do people choose to not believe in God even though science has proven his existence?

And with this questions came two videos. One video is complete bullshit talking about maths and string theory and cosmic music. Some really weird ass bullshit so not gonna bother you with it.

But also another video came with it and I am actually kinda impressed. Not because now I believe in a god but ... well watch it. It is about 6 minutes or so. And then let me know what you are thinking.

I wanted to hurry and be like "nonono that is not science" but actually I get the idea behind what he is saying. Still though... A bit far fetched in my opinion.
He lost me at the "nothing" and "something"stuff a little of course. And the "biblical definition of god" I am not sold on either because no two bible versions or Christians define god in the same way.

I would really like to hear your opinions on this video.

He states "humans think in a box" and then proceeds to assert his anthropomorphic god as a cause of the universe. Facepalm

He also demonstrates a profound ignorance of the biblical creation story as it states that the stars were created after the earth was created and their purpose was to server as a sign for seasons on Earth. Facepalm

To even say that stars were created in one moment is an error, stars are constantly being created even as we speak, it's a continuous process that has never stopped.

So he can take his bible and shove it. Yes

Biblical definition of God? Give me a fucking break. No one knows what happened before the big bang (or whatever created all of this). What we do know is some religious people like to throw in the "God of the Gaps" argument which holds no weight. Say Dark Matter is somehow God. If your definition of God is things we do not understand "yet" then once we do God will be pressed into an ever smaller corner until God doesn't exists anymore. Not that God ever did in the first place. So no... I'll not listen to the babbling of some so called scientist that is trying to prove the existence of a supreme being.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
30-03-2017, 06:23 AM
(29-03-2017 06:28 PM)Ricochet180 Wrote:  Darn. I read the typo and thought we'd find out God's alcohol content.

Smile

You "proof" a muzzle-loading cannon by firing it. The gunner usually hides behind an earthen dike, because, you know, there's no proof yet that the cannon can take it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2017, 07:14 AM
The only time the word proof actually works when it comes to religion, is in the word foolproof. As in, (most) religionists' refusal to think critically and let go of the ultimate security blanket and ego-boost that is religion, is one of the most foolproof things in the known (not to them, though, to them it's full of winged, harp-wielding babies, cloven-hoofed boogeymen and presiding over all this - a misogynistic and occasionally genocidal uber-baddie) universe.

Fools rush in - and refuse to leave - where grown-ups who don't need a father figure to watch over them their entire (eternal!) lives don't deign to tread Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
30-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Pretty sure this video has been torn to pieces by other videos.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
30-03-2017, 10:24 AM
Ignorant fool or fraud you say?
I say fraud, and i present my data to support this conclusion.

Exhibit "A": 1:11 he says:

Quote:Condensd knowledge of the scientific community, of how the universe created

Think it was a freudian slip Tongue

The other option is that he is really confused.

He wouldnt be the only utterly confused scientist, who indeed has credentials, and has (in the past) contributed to science.

I present exhibt "B". Frank Tipler
You wont possibly believe what this guy, and he certainly is well educated in physics, is arguing.
Watch Krauss introduction at 50:00 and you will laugh your a$$ off.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
30-03-2017, 10:51 AM
I didn't watch the video but I can say that there is no any scientific proof of God.
All the attempts to prove God's existence are waste of time.
Why would someone even wanted to prove God's existence? This knowledge would be absolutely useless.
We wouldn't be able to apply this knowledge in any way.
Then, why bother and try to prove God's existence?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
30-03-2017, 11:05 AM
(30-03-2017 10:51 AM)Alla Wrote:  I didn't watch the video but I can say that there is no any scientific proof of God.
Why would someone even wanted to prove God's existence? This knowledge would be absolutely useless.

How can you say what use any new piece of knowledge might be?
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
30-03-2017, 11:12 AM
(30-03-2017 11:05 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 10:51 AM)Alla Wrote:  I didn't watch the video but I can say that there is no any scientific proof of God.

How can you say what use any new piece of knowledge might be?

I just ask myself: OK, now I know that there is God. Somebody proved it scientifically. How can I apply this knowledge?
Now I am asking you: any ideas? because I have none.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
30-03-2017, 11:14 AM

If the existence of a divine superintelligence could be proven (or disproven - a scientific impossibility) it would go a long, long way in reducing or eliminating religious-based wars and violent ideologues. Far from being useless, it would be the second-most important discovery in the history of the human race (the first being the existence of life, of whatever kind, on other planets).
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post