Claim: God has now been proofed through science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 07:36 PM
RE: Claim: God has now been proofed through science
(30-03-2017 04:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 11:12 AM)Alla Wrote:  I just ask myself: OK, now I know that there is God. Somebody proved it scientifically. How can I apply this knowledge?
Now I am asking you: any ideas? because I have none.

No, you do not know it - you only believe it. Drinking Beverage

I think what she is saying is that it is not only irrelevant to her whether God can be demonstrated or not, if it could in fact be demonstrated that would be sufficient cause to doubt its authenticity. It's an interesting position. I'm wondering if it might not be an intrinsically unassailable one.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2017, 08:20 PM
(30-03-2017 07:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think what she is saying is that it is not only irrelevant to her whether God can be demonstrated or not, if it could in fact be demonstrated that would be sufficient cause to doubt its authenticity. It's an interesting position. I'm wondering if it might not be an intrinsically unassailable one.

The problem is that a God who can't be demonstrated is irrelevant anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
30-03-2017, 08:24 PM
(30-03-2017 08:20 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 07:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think what she is saying is that it is not only irrelevant to her whether God can be demonstrated or not, if it could in fact be demonstrated that would be sufficient cause to doubt its authenticity. It's an interesting position. I'm wondering if it might not be an intrinsically unassailable one.

The problem is that a God who can't be demonstrated is irrelevant anyway.

That does seem to be the logical implication. It's an interesting position.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-03-2017, 02:54 AM
(30-03-2017 07:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 04:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you do not know it - you only believe it. Drinking Beverage

I think what she is saying is that it is not only irrelevant to her whether God can be demonstrated or not, if it could in fact be demonstrated that would be sufficient cause to doubt its authenticity. It's an interesting position. I'm wondering if it might not be an intrinsically unassailable one.

It is intrinsically foolish.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-03-2017, 03:25 AM
(30-03-2017 06:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  If there was proof of God faith wouldn't be the very first principle of religion

Yes, but if faith can be used to justify the christian god or the Hindu gods or the muslim god, is faith a good way to reach the truth ?
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
31-03-2017, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2017 05:58 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-03-2017 06:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  If there was proof of God faith wouldn't be the very first principle of religion

Well, that's certainly one way to highlight the most inherently damning aspect of every religion ever.

I'm just saying, there's a reason why the progress of modern civilization is tied to the scientific revolution and the radical idea of requiring evidence to back up beliefs and assertions. After all, if faith was even remotely as effective as evidentialism at getting to the truth about things, then Christopher Columbus wouldn't have landed in the Bahamas, he'd have landed on Mars. The Christian Dark Ages would have been a time of enlightenment and unprecedented advancement, instead of the massive cultural backslide that it was.

You know. Just sayin'...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post