Claims of Divine Healing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: Claims of Divine Healing
If the patient actually did have cerebral palsy, and was spontaneously cured, I would imagine that much of her time would have been taken up with medical tests/research etc (and since your friend has spoken to her sometime after this event, I'm sure she would have mentioned this to him and he would be able to tell you if you asked) and that there would have been at least one scientific article describing this 'miracle' even if it could not be explained scientifically (not been able to find anything online, personally).

How likely is it that the medical establishment would just say to the first person ever to be cured of cerebal palsy 'good for you, off you go now, we don't need to try to understand how this happened so we can try to find a cure for other sufferers'?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2016, 07:35 PM
(16-09-2016 03:19 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  If the patient actually did have cerebral palsy, and was spontaneously cured, I would imagine that much of her time would have been taken up with medical tests/research etc (and since your friend has spoken to her sometime after this event, I'm sure she would have mentioned this to him and he would be able to tell you if you asked) and that there would have been at least one scientific article describing this 'miracle' even if it could not be explained scientifically (not been able to find anything online, personally).

How likely is it that the medical establishment would just say to the first person ever to be cured of cerebal palsy 'good for you, off you go now, we don't need to try to understand how this happened so we can try to find a cure for other sufferers'?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Yea you make a good point. The guy told me that he didn't want to tell anyone because he didn't think they would believe him until he told his pastor who he knew would believe him. It sounds like he stretched the story some.

" That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
07-08-2017, 08:53 PM
UPDATE:
Looking back at this old post I realize that my current signature is all the only explanation I need.Cool

" That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
07-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Not knowing how something happened does NOT automatically mean gawddiddit. All it means is that you don't know. As science plumbs the universe and continues adding pages to the universe operating and service manual (now at something over 300 trillion pages single spaced with diagrams and photographs) at no time during its compilation has any scientist found it necessary to even suppose gawddiddit. It is a colossal hubris to imagine that something never before added to that vast book of knowledge across millenia by millions of minds more brilliant than your own must now be added because you lack a ready answer. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post