Claims of seeing God/ Jesus/ Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 07:42 PM
RE: Claims of seeing God/ Jesus/ Heaven
(23-02-2012 06:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  [...] I cannot believe, I just can’t understand it, how someone with your life experience could be an atheist. I’m seriously wondering if you were just created to be that way. Maybe your whole purpose in life is to come into this forum so that I could finally be convinced that just as it is said about Judas, you were preordained to be condemned.

Egor's got us here guys. Right on the money. We were just created to be atheists and nothing he can say or do will save us. I suppose there's really no reason for him to continue to "wrestle with the angel" to save our souls, since God has preordained our condemnation. We're just gonna have to live with that, keep calm, and carry on.

Thanks for the insight! We won't be seeing you since you're no longer needed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like rook2004's post
23-02-2012, 07:57 PM
What’s more pathetic?
A Christian who wants to convert atheists, a Christian who want to kills atheists, or Igor's dribble?
Should someone run a pole?
I hope I’m distracting from an important question.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
23-02-2012, 08:16 PM
(23-02-2012 03:27 PM)Randi.Renee Wrote:  As I have goten older, I have made an amazing recovery. I can now feel everything on my body. I can walk with the use of a cane. Dr's thought I would be dependant the rest of my life.

First of all: Wow. Shit. It's great to hear that you are not completely paralyzed anymore. I am constantly amazed at both how resilient and how fragile our bodies are. Good on you for making pessimists of your doctors. Smile

(23-02-2012 03:27 PM)Randi.Renee Wrote:  My point is... I am now an Atheist. Looking back on my hospital experience, I feel that I was wanting God to help me so bad, that (with being sedated) I imagined this. I do not think it even happened. Being an Atheist, I can see where my mind made it up.

In my life, I have wanted so very hard to hear the voice of God that I eventually convinced myself I could. I didn't even have a broken spine, quadriplegia, and drugs to make me vulnerable. It's incredibly hard not to want to hear and see God, when all your life you've been told how good it is and how crazy you'd be not to want it--even, on occasion, what an awful person you are that you don't. But at the same time, it was pretty obvious to me where I'd gone wrong. I sympathize with you, at least in that.

(23-02-2012 03:27 PM)Randi.Renee Wrote:  I am wondering what people think of these claims.

I think we are never as sure of something as we are required to be, and we make up for that by being emphatic. We don't really want to admit that our senses can be fooled and that our memories are flawed, so we cling to whatever gives us hope, reinforce the memories and thoughts that are consistent with that hope, and shout over anyone who tries to question our hope.

At least, when we had faith we did.
[+] 3 users Like rook2004's post
23-02-2012, 08:19 PM
(23-02-2012 06:53 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Shut up egor. Your opinion is worth noting and is not wanted here. Go die in a hole somewhere already.

Really? This is exactly the kind of shit we get mad at Christians for saying about atheists. Undecided
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
23-02-2012, 08:49 PM
(23-02-2012 08:19 PM)Ben Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 06:53 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Shut up egor. Your opinion is worth noting and is not wanted here. Go die in a hole somewhere already.

Really? This is exactly the kind of shit we get mad at Christians for saying about atheists. Undecided

I would think this is a reaction to Egor's launch on the threads creator for not recognizing it was god that cured her. Egor seemingly gives no credit to her personal rehabilitation struggle and makes some nasty jabs about joining a cult. He can slam the veteran atheists all he wants, but her story seems a bit off limits.

...but you are correct that we should strive to act better than them. Interestingly the 4 horsemen did a discussion on aggressive atheism. It seems that our very existence is an insult. So where do we position our comments?

I was in a group discussion of mostly progressives when one person spoke up and declared themselves a Christian because of some things that were being said. It was like water on a campfire. An energetic discussion just halted. I told them that if their superstitious belief didn't allow them to contribute then they could just leave. Long story short, I'm the asshole. They played the "Religious card" and won. We are going to take some smashing, but if we don't speak up and allow them to claim insult we will never gain acceptance in society. Atheism must become the standard, not a weird thing a small group of immoral people believe, per the religious.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post
23-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I wish people would stop quoting his posts. I've had him on ignore ever since he got here, but when I read his vitriol quoted in your forum posts, it makes it tougher to ignore. So please, help me and quit referring to his posts so in my mind he really won't exist anymore. Just like his fucking deity.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-02-2012, 09:42 PM
(23-02-2012 09:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I wish people would stop quoting his posts. I've had him on ignore ever since he got here, but when I read his vitriol quoted in your forum posts, it makes it tougher to ignore. So please, help me and quit referring to his posts so in my mind he really won't exist anymore. Just like his fucking deity.

Sorry Erx Undecided Heart
23-02-2012, 09:49 PM
(23-02-2012 08:19 PM)Ben Wrote:  

I am open minded and enjoy hearing from all sides. But Egor is a waste of space. He and people like him are a cancer. They want war and violence to deal with people who have done nothing. I am sick of hearing his crap and brain dead statements.
He blatantly insults people and then says he never insults anyone. I am done with him and you should be too.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
23-02-2012, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 10:38 PM by Randi.Renee.)
I'm curious: You weren't an atheist then. I'll be you even prayed that God would heal you, let you walk, didn't you?

[/quote]

Yes, I prayed. I prayed hard. I had a whole community praying for me. Maybe even more than that. My accident, then recovery story were even on the news.
Like I said, I was raised Christian. Praying during tragic times is something that is not uncommon.
I started to question things. I could not accept the idea of God's Will controlling our lives. It was God's Will for me to go through all of this? Yes, I am much better off now than I was when I was first injured, but I still struggle everyday (I struggle to walk, stand, sit up. My left side of my body is still has some paralysis, ect...). I have accepted that this is as goods as I will get. I am happy with what I have.
So put me aside...What about all the other people in world that have injuries such as mine or brain injuries that do not recover AT ALL. What about the people that are born physically or mentally helpless and the only way to survive is relying on others? It was Gods Will to let his children live this way?
God did not save me or heal me. I studied the spinal cord. Every spinal cord injury is different. The reason I had such a great recovery was because of the amount of damage done to my cord vs other victims. At the time of my injury, my spinal cord was cut, torn, swollen and bruised. Other victims can have much more or much lesser damage done to their cords. Some are even severed in half. Obviously, the more damage, the worse off your injury and you recovery.

I was lucky. I was able to make such a great recovery due the fact that the swelling in my cord went down and my brain was able to get signals through to those nerves that were swollen and bruised. The areas in my cord that had the cuts and tears never healed. That is why I still have some paralysis on the left side om my body. The spinal cord cannot heal itself.

This steers away from my original post, but "Little Miss" wanted to give her explanation on why God had nothing to do with her recovery. It's science and medicine.

And I do not want nor will ever again worship a God that I have to fear.

I posted this for discussion, so go ahead and say what you will.
[+] 8 users Like Randi.Renee's post
23-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Claims of seeing God/ Jesus/ Heaven
(23-02-2012 10:10 PM)Randi.Renee Wrote:  And I do not want nor will ever again worship a God that I have to fear.

+1000 [Image: thumbsup.gif]

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like KVron's post