Claims of seeing God/ Jesus/ Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Claims of seeing God/ Jesus/ Heaven
(07-04-2013 09:57 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ...Ain't it amazing that a fucked up, misogynistic, sexually repressed, little weazel by the name of Paul,...

fixt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-04-2013, 10:01 PM
(07-04-2013 08:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 07:49 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  Thanks! and yes, I am a witness to the Truth. My dad was in car accident a while back...

...forums are meant to discuss things and I like to discuss, as I said before, I research things and enjoy finding things out and learning and trying to see the procress of how others thing as well. JCiL

I'm happy for you that your father recovered.

Now to the nitty gritty. From your posts I gather that you are a theist, you believe in a personal God that intervenes in people's lives. And if that's what you believe I'm curious to know what kind of story you tell yourself to justify God's lapse of attention, or indifference, or willful malice, or punishment for the car crash in the first place? Seems to me like if He actually cared about your dad He would have prevented the whole thing BEFORE it happened don't you think? I'm all ears.

I appreciate your thought into this. I am a Christian and glad to say i am. The thing about God, is He's not the one that caused my dad's accident. It was a girl 18 years old that had a seizure that shouldnt have been driving. But to answer your question with more thoroughness. When we speak of God, we realize that just as with a magnet for example, there is a positive and a negative..science even says you cant have one without the other. correct? Same with good and evil (positive and negative). So the negative is that Satan is the negative who currently has authority over the earth right now. He is a destructor of this world. He is the responsible party to the bad that happens. He is the deceiver of minds and corrupts. There is a spiritual battle that is going on everyday, every minute.
I know this element of the world exists. I have seen with my own eyes this as well. My uncle is possessed.You ask, why cant the demons be excised from him. He doesnt want them to go, therefore they are able to keep hold of him. when I was younger, even before seeing Jesus, my uncle came to live with my family. we would sit to read the Bible as a family and when it was handed to my uncle to read, he couldnt...his face literally changed, right in front of us. It was very scary to say the least. Many other things happened as well. But I think if i were to go into all of it,we'd be here all night and even then you will still have your questions. and questions are good.
Going back to my dad, there is a purpose in everything. My dad is not bitter about what happened to him. He has a testimony that would rock anyones world. He wouldnt have that if he had not been through what hes been through. Sure, God could have prevented it from happening, but if so, how many people would God not have been able to reach if it hadnt have happened. On a spiritual level, there is faith that there is a greater good in the things that happen to us all. if we choose to see the bad, what good comes from it, even if there wasnt a God. But if we choose to see the good in those things, wouldnt that put us in a better position in life. if nothing else but to help someone else that maybe has gone thru the same kind of thing and is struggling to get thru and is needing that support? JCiL
Find all posts by this user
07-04-2013, 10:04 PM
(07-04-2013 09:36 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  ...at the age of 13 to still show His magnifigance to me.

You sure you aren't Catholic? You don't happen to have a priest in the family do you?
Just askin'

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-04-2013, 10:05 PM
(07-04-2013 08:22 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 07:49 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  Thanks! and yes, I am a witness to the Truth. My dad was in car accident a while back. Died 3 times on the way to the hospital (documented), he was brought back, by medical staf(documented) f..however all the doctors that worked on him..at least 5, all due to life threatening injuries...all agreed my dad should have died..no medical anything that could have saved him..yet he survived..he was messed up REALLY bad, wasnt suppose to walk again or see out of one of his eyes. Tho he doesnt look like he used to, the facts are the drs documented there was no reason for him to have survived..he was saved we know thru faith that God intervened...my dad was in ICU for 3 months..he wasnt able to say" I'll heal"myself" he wasnt awake 95% of the time. drs admitted there was nothing they could do but watch and wait. everyday the drs would come out and say, he's alive right now..thats all we can say....everyday that went on..but we had faith n a God we could not see and spiritually we believe he was touched, healed. my dad says that himself when he looks at the pics and sees his medical records.

I appreciate the welcome and just want to say..Im NOT here to bash anyone..forums are meant to discuss things and I like to discuss, as I said before, I research things and enjoy finding things out and learning and trying to see the procress of how others thing as well. JCiL

Feel free to bash away.

Hold onto your crucifix kid, you're swimming in a sea of sharks.

Thats alright cause Im the dolphin...so bring it...Jesus is the Truth and the life and no one comes to the Father accept thru Him. and thank you, Ill hold to Jesus where my strength and wisdom comes from :-) JCiL
07-04-2013, 10:12 PM
(07-04-2013 10:05 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 08:22 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Feel free to bash away.

Thats alright cause Im the dolphin...so bring it...Jesus is the Truth and the life and no one comes to the Father accept thru Him. and thank you, Ill hold to Jesus where my strength and wisdom comes from :-) JCiL

So what flavor of christian are you? Would be a shame to waste the transubstantiation argument if you weren't catholic.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-04-2013, 10:12 PM

What wisdom have you got from Jesus?
07-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Why are you here, again?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
07-04-2013, 10:14 PM

And your spelling ability, too?

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
(07-04-2013 10:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 09:36 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  ...at the age of 13 to still show His magnifigance to me.

You sure you aren't Catholic? You don't happen to have a priest in the family do you?
Just askin'

No i am NOT catholic and no, no priest in my family. But I do stand strongly on my faith My personal experiences thru Jesus Christ has only strengthen my faith. Jesus has saved me thru His grace. Im not anyone special, yet He holds me in His care. I have seen and experienced His works in my life even tho my actions have not always been what they should be, but thru His grace, mercy and forgiveness, I am His and I am forgiven. :-) JCiL
07-04-2013, 10:23 PM
(07-04-2013 10:20 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 10:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You sure you aren't Catholic? You don't happen to have a priest in the family do you?
Just askin'

No i am NOT catholic and no, no priest in my family. But I do stand strongly on my faith My personal experiences thru Jesus Christ has only strengthen my faith. Jesus has saved me thru His grace. Im not anyone special, yet He holds me in His care. I have seen and experienced His works in my life even tho my actions have not always been what they should be, but thru His grace, mercy and forgiveness, I am His and I am forgiven. :-) JCiL

The Kool-Aid is strong in you. Have you ever read a science book? Or a philosophy book?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post