Claims of seeing God/ Jesus/ Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: Claims of seeing God/ Jesus/ Heaven
(07-04-2013 11:45 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 11:25 PM)TheJCexperience Wrote:  As i said before, I like to do research...i dont spount....I dont go to church to be "told" i go to learn and worship and the Bible is my guide and because of that I am not nieve. but i am glad you feel for me, thank you :-) JCiL

Ok Randi, you say you like research, please read this thread...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...light=paul

all of it...it's about Saint Paul, then get back to us with your comments. I like research too and I will be happy to read something you recommend.

PS. Apologies Randi...the above was meant for JC Experience. I hope he or she will read it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Not to side track this mind-engaging debate, but going back to the original topic...

I SAW JEEZUS. Kinda.

Hopefully this won't be too long, but I need to point some things out about the catholic church first. It's not my fault they have so many rites and silly stuff. Like you can't eat during Mass. Or fall asleep.

So, in case it isn't evident, I'm and ex catholic and there are these sacraments you must go through.
You want in? Get baptized. Most people here get baptized when they're months old.

Afterwards, you go for the "first communion". It's the first time you eat jesus. It's that thing they do in Mass, where they reenact the last supper and Jesus tells people that this bread is his body and this wine is his blood. Come get some.
The thing is, not anyone that's baptized can go eat jesus, oh no. You need to study the bible and stuff for about two years. It's pretty much like Sunday School from what I gather. Most people do this when they're like 8 or 10 years old.

Afterwards you can get "confirmed", this also takes two years. People do this when they're like 16 or so. You need to be confirmed if you want to get married in the church, or become a priest or something that's like a priest but can't bless the bread but can still get married. Anyways, that part is irrelevant.

So there I was, in all of my 10 year old glory, dressed in a pretty white dress and excited about eating jesus. It didn't sound cannibalistic at the time.
So I ate jesus. Then I knleeled down and prayed. And when I stood up I was EXHILARATED. I was SO happy, and I couldn't put my finger on why. I mean, yeah, the ceremony was exciting and all, but I was THRILLED.
A few years later I heard a priest say that that feeling of excitedness was hearing the voice of jesus. He had heard it too, and it was simply this feeling of pure hapiness. And I was like YEAH MAN I HEARD JESUS.
Only I never heard him ever again despite my struggles to keep my faith. So I began to doubt if I ever "heard" him at all. Maybe it was just regular happy and after hearing the priest say those things I was like FUCK YEAH JESUS and my brain tricked itself. If wouldn't be the first time I could swear up and down something had happened a certain way just to find conflicting evidence afterwars. Brains do this.
I should probably mention that after the ceremony of the first communion it's customary to throw a party. And the kid gets presents. I got so many presents. So. Many. Virtually everyone in my family was there. With a present. And I was 10. And I got toys. A lot of toys. And I knew that after the ceremony I would get said toys.

FUCK YEAH TOYS.

*Ahem*

The thing is, people like to attach waaay too much meaning to this sort of thing. If while at the hospital and under drugs you (a generic "you") saw a gigantic meatball covered in holy light, afterwards you'd be like "Holy shit them drugs, man". We know the same happens with dreams that tell the future. You dream about a field where headphones grow from the ground and you eat salsa from your toes and your dead cat is there and there's a fire and then you fly to space. And then there's a fire in your house. Holy shit you have powers.

I believe people when they say that they believe they saw jeebus. But I don't believe they saw jeebus.

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DancingSkeletons's post
09-04-2013, 09:12 AM
I do not eat salsa from my toes. Angry

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
09-04-2013, 09:28 AM
(09-04-2013 09:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I do not eat salsa from my toes. Angry

No pics or didn't not happen. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-04-2013, 09:43 AM
(09-04-2013 09:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 09:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I do not eat salsa from my toes. Angry

No pics or didn't not happen. Drinking Beverage

[Image: h6296228D]

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
09-04-2013, 10:42 AM
No, I don't think that people have seen Jesus or Heaven. One of the most compelling reasons why is that, unlike most real revelations, these always happen privately. Like the typical alien abduction, the "experiencer" witnesses Jesus or demons or aliens or whatever all by his or her lonesome... if these things really happened, then others would be able to witness them. Otherwise, how would one know if it really happened or was all imagined? How indeed.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
09-04-2013, 08:10 PM
(08-04-2013 12:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 11:45 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Ok Randi, you say you like research, please read this thread...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...light=paul

all of it...it's about Saint Paul, then get back to us with your comments. I like research too and I will be happy to read something you recommend.

You have effectively stolen my life with this. So far it is a fascinating read. Always fun to be able to step behind the curtain and see how the machine was invented.

Thanks! Glad you like it. Really glad.
09-04-2013, 08:50 PM

illusions and lies, thats what i think
Quote this message in a reply