Claspers - male fish anatomy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Claspers - male fish anatomy
So I posted this at Historum and I got blasted.

I think Claspers are penis for male fish.

Correct ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Claspers - male fish anatomy
(14-06-2013 10:26 AM)Korin Wrote:  So I posted this at Historum and I got blasted.

I think Claspers are penis for male fish.

Correct ?

Have you tried Google? Wikipedia has an article.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2013, 10:55 AM
I just looked up your historum thread. The one person seems to have misunderstood the question and then taken offense. You did start it off with the vague statement "So claspers are penis?" You did post it in the correct forum, though. I just think the one person is overly sensitive. You seem to have answered your own question:

Quote:Korin wrote:

Quote:Male cartilaginous fish have claspers formed from the posterior portion of their pelvic fin which serve as intromittent organs used to channel semen into the female's cloaca during mating. The act of mating in some fish including sharks usually includes one of the claspers raised to allow water into the siphon through a specific orifice. The clasper is then inserted into the vagina, where it opens like an umbrella to anchor its position. The siphon then begins to contract expelling water and sperm.[1][2] Male chimaeras have cephalic claspers (tenacula) on their heads, which are thought to aid in holding the female during mating.

this is it - so is it penis
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2013, 11:17 AM
I summed it pretty good but the thread was deleted at Historum. damn mods there are too sensitive. I also can't post at FishForums because it said I'm 'banned' even tho I didn't do anything. Probably IP-range banned.
14-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Was this really necessary for a thread? You could have just used google or verified in the chatbox, it seems like you already had 99.9% of this down.

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-06-2013, 09:59 PM
(14-06-2013 09:55 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Was this really necessary for a thread? You could have just used google or verified in the chatbox, it seems like you already had 99.9% of this down.

MeeeeOw!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My