Clergy....priests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 08:49 AM
RE: Clergy....priests
(05-10-2016 12:31 PM)jason197754 Wrote:  Wtf do priests do all frikin' day besides saying mass??? They seem to have a whole lot of free time on their hands and yet they even take a day off during the week....wtf??? Im sure that they are not praying all day either. Amd they even get a salary......

What does anyone of your barmates do all day? Or your bartender? How about a high school teacher or college professor, what do they do all day when they're not in front of a class leading a discussion of their studied subject?

Priests are just people, part of who's 'job' is to just be there when someone needs another human being. They might be thought of as salaried best friends or confidants - not all but, many have degrees in psychology specifically for this purpose.

The priest is the 'personal authority figure' one goes to when the imaginary friend just isn't quite enough. The majority of gods are usually moody and never very good conversationalists. Sure, there are always going to be asshole preists among them ... which one of your friends do you not discuss certain things with?

I can't, overall slight preists too much for their chosen profession, mostly they get into it when they are young and sincerely want to help people. It's like anything else; once they're in, they see what it really is about. They stick with it thinking things will change. Maybe that's why I've known a few preists who happen to be atheist. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-10-2016, 10:57 AM
The priest at my church drove a BMW (ya know 'cause it was donated *eye roll* ). Of course, he could have sold it and bought a cheaper vehicle and used the money to help the needy and truly follow the path of Jesus...but whatevs lol

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-10-2016, 01:26 PM
(06-10-2016 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The priest at my church drove a BMW (ya know 'cause it was donated *eye roll* ). Of course, he could have sold it and bought a cheaper vehicle and used the money to help the needy and truly follow the path of Jesus...but whatevs lol

Nah - "You will always have the poor but, I won't always be around. Enjoy what you have while you can." JC was cool with the Messianic perks... he woulda loved a BMW. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-10-2016, 01:33 PM
(06-10-2016 01:26 PM)kim Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 10:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The priest at my church drove a BMW (ya know 'cause it was donated *eye roll* ). Of course, he could have sold it and bought a cheaper vehicle and used the money to help the needy and truly follow the path of Jesus...but whatevs lol

Nah - "You will always have the poor but, I won't always be around. Enjoy what you have while you can." JC was cool with the Messianic perks... he woulda loved a BMW. Wink

True, he did opt for the more expensive lotion for his feet. Tongue

But wait--a biblical contradiction--noooo couldn't be Tongue Laugh out load

Mark 10:21

And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-10-2016, 01:36 PM
(06-10-2016 01:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 01:26 PM)kim Wrote:  Nah - "You will always have the poor but, I won't always be around. Enjoy what you have while you can." JC was cool with the Messianic perks... he woulda loved a BMW. Wink

True, he did opt for the more expensive lotion for his feet. Tongue

But wait--a biblical contradiction--noooo couldn't be Tongue Laugh out load

Mark 10:21

And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Yabut, he was telling someone else to do that.
Do as I say, not as I do.
I'm the teacher, you're the student.
Are we seeing who's in charge here, yet? Shy

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
07-10-2016, 02:46 PM
(05-10-2016 09:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  From what I have observed, they drink a lot of Scotch. Drinking Beverage

And, cue Virgin Mary jokes, Bloody Marys. Knew one who would always make sure to have a couple around the time of a town Christmas parade especially.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2016, 03:54 PM
It really depends on the diocese.

The one I grew up in - he didn't do much. The one my aunt lived in - he would visit his flock members when they were sick, do welfare checks if they didn't show for a while, do errands for them as needed - he got involved, in a good way. He tried to be a support system.

So, in all fairness, this is going to vary from priest to priest.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post