Cleveland Clinic Doctor Blogs Against Vaccines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Cleveland Clinic Doctor Blogs Against Vaccines
Lovely. Just Freaking Lovely.

NBC News

Quote:The Cleveland Clinic went into damage control mode Monday after the director of its Wellness Institute questioned the safety of vaccines in a blog post that blew up on social media.

Dr. Daniel Neides questioned whether preservatives in childhood vaccines are safe for infants—despite decades of evidence showing that they are.

The post infuriated other medical doctors but heartened and emboldened the small — but extremely vocal — community of vaccine doubters.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: Cleveland Clinic Doctor Blogs Against Vaccines
(09-01-2017 02:55 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Lovely. Just Freaking Lovely.

NBC News

Quote:The Cleveland Clinic went into damage control mode Monday after the director of its Wellness Institute questioned the safety of vaccines in a blog post that blew up on social media.

Dr. Daniel Neides questioned whether preservatives in childhood vaccines are safe for infants—despite decades of evidence showing that they are.

The post infuriated other medical doctors but heartened and emboldened the small — but extremely vocal — community of vaccine doubters.

Think it's safe to say he won't be working there much longer.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-01-2017, 03:52 PM
FML. I"m sick of the pandering to the whackadoos who refuse to believe the science.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Reminds me of a veterinarian who shot what was probably a family's cat through the head with an arrow, then bragged about it online.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
09-01-2017, 05:37 PM
"If you use the process of elimination -- somewhere in the world, is the world's worst doctor. The scary part, is somebody has an appointment with him in the morning" --- George Carlin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-01-2017, 06:57 PM
About a year or two ago I did some more reading on vaccines and the anti-vaxxers.

It's interesting reading, the history. There has been varying levels of public mistrust and resistance to vaccines since they were first invented. Scientists have sometimes contributed to that mistrust, along with the bad reaction horror stories. The religious nuts with the "interfering in god's plan" bullshit are not too surprising, but the whack-job scientists like this guy always make us pause.

I think the majority of the problem is the combination of politicians, corporations, scientists and the public ignorance.

Nobody trusts politicians, for obvious reasons. Politicians pass the laws making vaccines mandatory.

Corporations make the vaccines and if there is one thing people trust less than politicians, it's corporations.

Scientists are the ones who develop the vaccines. Despite all the benefits that science has brought us, Mad Scientists have been the villains in popular entertainment since Shelley wrote Frankenstein. Go figure.

Lastly, you have the ignorant, gullible public. People who are not only ignorant and apathetic about education, but who take great personal satisfaction in their ignorance. People who refuse to learn and cling desperately to their ignorance even in the face of irrefutable evidence.

It's a fucked up situation.

And the worst part is the kernel of truth at the center of the lies. For a small number of people, the vaccines are bad. There are bad reactions, bad batches of serum and people whose body chemistry is outside the norm. For a small percentage the horror stories are true. The laws that protect the politicians and corporations from lawsuits serve to stoke the conspiracy theories. The families that suffer legitimately try to spare others from the same fate. They become crusaders and their stories help fan the anti-vaxxer fires.

What is the priority, the needs of the individual or the needs of society?

The easy answer is society. The needs of the majority outweigh the needs of the minority. The answer gets trickier when you or someone you know is in the minority.

In any event, the controversy has existed since the discovery of the vaccines and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-01-2017, 07:36 PM
(09-01-2017 06:57 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  About a year or two ago I did some more reading on vaccines and the anti-vaxxers.

It's interesting reading, the history. There has been varying levels of public mistrust and resistance to vaccines since they were first invented. Scientists have sometimes contributed to that mistrust, along with the bad reaction horror stories. The religious nuts with the "interfering in god's plan" bullshit are not too surprising, but the whack-job scientists like this guy always make us pause.

I think the majority of the problem is the combination of politicians, corporations, scientists and the public ignorance.

Nobody trusts politicians, for obvious reasons. Politicians pass the laws making vaccines mandatory.

Corporations make the vaccines and if there is one thing people trust less than politicians, it's corporations.

Scientists are the ones who develop the vaccines. Despite all the benefits that science has brought us, Mad Scientists have been the villains in popular entertainment since Shelley wrote Frankenstein. Go figure.

Lastly, you have the ignorant, gullible public. People who are not only ignorant and apathetic about education, but who take great personal satisfaction in their ignorance. People who refuse to learn and cling desperately to their ignorance even in the face of irrefutable evidence.

It's a fucked up situation.

And the worst part is the kernel of truth at the center of the lies. For a small number of people, the vaccines are bad. There are bad reactions, bad batches of serum and people whose body chemistry is outside the norm. For a small percentage the horror stories are true. The laws that protect the politicians and corporations from lawsuits serve to stoke the conspiracy theories. The families that suffer legitimately try to spare others from the same fate. They become crusaders and their stories help fan the anti-vaxxer fires.

What is the priority, the needs of the individual or the needs of society?

The easy answer is society. The needs of the majority outweigh the needs of the minority. The answer gets trickier when you or someone you know is in the minority.

In any event, the controversy has existed since the discovery of the vaccines and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon.

Well said. Given the rate of success with searching genomes, I'm hoping that scientists can zero in on disease and immunizations and figure out who has to be vaccinated or not, and for whom that would be a threat. Of course, the tin foil camp people will still resist.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-01-2017, 11:38 PM
(09-01-2017 03:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 02:55 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Lovely. Just Freaking Lovely.

NBC News

Think it's safe to say he won't be working there much longer.

Which will then become part of the mythology that "the establishment can't tolerate dissent". Rather than what it actually is: the establishment can't in good conscience tolerate whack-jobs in important positions. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-01-2017, 12:11 AM
"Baby murdering frauds!" -Eli Bosnick

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]