Clichés

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Clichés
What Clichés about atheism drive you insane? My personal favourite is "Atheists can't have morality". Basically saying that, without god, we should just go pillaging and raping for no reason. But if an invisible man in the sky is the only reason why people aren't killing, then what does that say about their morality?

What ones grind your gears?
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2009, 04:24 PM
RE: Clichés
My personal favorite: "So you think we all used to be MONKEYS?" (I simply sigh and remind them that their DNA has commonalities with all animal and plant life.)

Seth Andrews
TTA Founder and Host
YouTube Facebook BlogTalkRadio
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2009, 09:47 PM

(02-10-2009 03:05 PM)Isaac Wrote:  What Clichés about atheism drive you insane? My personal favourite is "Atheists can't have morality". Basically saying that, without god, we should just go pillaging and raping for no reason. But if an invisible man in the sky is the only reason why people aren't killing, then what does that say about their morality?

Well its obviously the other way around , don't trust to the morals of a person that only acts decently under the threat ofpunishment from thier imaginary friend.. especially if they beleive they can be forgiven immoral decisions simply for telling thier imaginary friend sorry.
15-12-2009, 05:29 AM

"If humans came from monkeys, how come there are still monkeys?"

Questions such as this make me look down on our current educational system.
15-12-2009, 05:29 PM
(02-10-2009 03:05 PM)Isaac Wrote:  What Clichés about atheism drive you insane? My personal favourite is "Atheists can't have morality". Basically saying that, without god, we should just go pillaging and raping for no reason. But if an invisible man in the sky is the only reason why people aren't killing, then what does that say about their morality?

- Atheists worship the devil
- Atheists are immoral
- Atheists believe that there is no meaning to life
- Atheists are angry at god
- Atheists actually believe in god, but they're angry at him, so they deny it
- etc., etc.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM

Rainbow RE: Clichés

"If we evolved from MONKEYS, why are they still around?"
The worst part is, humans never evolved from monkeys, they evolved from apes.
03-01-2010, 02:21 PM

A quote from Religulous:
Quote:If you believe in evolution, the woman had to come from an ape woman.
This isn't exactly cliché, but I heard it more than once.
03-01-2010, 06:42 PM

The phrases that tend to bother me the most are "Atheism is just a cult" and "If atheism gets to run rampant, then the civilizations will crumble to the ground", especially the second one..
03-01-2010, 09:09 PM

"Atheists just refuse to see the EVIDENCE of god."

I here this all the time. About how they have found the ark on top of a mountain in Iran, or how there is a line of gold armor in the red sea, or how most scientists now agree that evolution can't be true, so that must mean god made everything. What's funny is, when I research these topics, I can't actually find them. >.>
03-01-2010, 09:14 PM

(03-01-2010 09:09 PM)Packilvania Wrote:  "Atheists just refuse to see the EVIDENCE of god."

Yes, I hear this one a lot. But usually people who say it don't refer to actual physical evidence. Instead they mention the "miracles" of life, the wonders around us, etc.