Clichés

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-04-2010, 07:43 AM
RE: Clichés
yeah my favorites are

When we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkey? and of course
Atheism is just another religion (and because of that you are just a part of the "delusion")

it just shows again the ignorance of those people and how they can´t learn the simplest things even if we tell them hundreds of times.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2010, 08:12 AM
The one I keep hearing is that I just hate god. Which is partially true, but still misguided.

I don't believe that god (specifically, the Christian god, which is the one I deal with most often) exists. It's true that I do not like the idea or representation of this god. Bloodthirsty, jealous, vengeful, petty, and so on. I do not think the Christian god is worthy of worship. BUT, that's not the reason I don't believe he exists. There's just no evidence in favor of his existence.

Trying to explain this to some (but not all) theists is exhausting.

In regard to the "atheism is just another religion" comment - I don't understand what this point is, even if it's true. Even if atheism was a religion (which it's not) it has no bearing on whether or not the claims of a different religion are true.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
10-04-2010, 08:38 PM

I got handed a track in a shop last week, picture of a skydiver on it, it took 4 pages until i saw it was a bible track... politely handed it back to the guy and said I was an atheist ..his comment.. as he left the shop....

"Wow that takes a lot of faith to be an atheist."

That actually took me and my response aired on the side of rudeness... " you clearly don't understand what an atheist is"...pretty lame response I know, but I actually had never heard that before.

Bloody Baptists
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2010, 02:10 AM
(10-04-2010 08:38 PM)beenoverthere Wrote:  I got handed a track in a shop last week, picture of a skydiver on it, it took 4 pages until i saw it was a bible track... politely handed it back to the guy and said I was an atheist ..his comment.. as he left the shop....

That actually took me and my response aired on the side of rudeness... " you clearly don't understand what an atheist is"...pretty lame response I know, but I actually had never heard that before.

Bloody Baptists

really, that´s a response we atheists hear pretty often. Just ignore them or say to them that they have to believe in allah if they admit that he don´t exists.

EMO, because homo is not gay enoughTongue
11-04-2010, 08:41 AM
(10-04-2010 08:38 PM)beenoverthere Wrote:  I got handed a track in a shop last week, picture of a skydiver on it, it took 4 pages until i saw it was a bible track... politely handed it back to the guy and said I was an atheist ..his comment.. as he left the shop....

Bloody Baptists

Probably a Chick tract, am I right? I hate those things. So annoying, and many of them are simply squick-worthy.
Anyway, the best retort to that is "Do you need faith to not believe in Santa?"

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user