Climate Change and ecological collapse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Climate Change and ecological collapse
Why can banned members still post? Are they on probation?

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 11:23 AM
(13-07-2017 11:18 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Why can banned members still post? Are they on probation?

Well, because they are kind of... banned, you know. Not just pining for the fjords or resting. They have ceased to be, at least in the the world of TTA. They are ex-members Rolleyes

Probation is the naughty group, whose names are in brown. We don't have many of those. I actually only recently discovered there even *is* such a group. Not sure if it was introduced after I left for about two years or just hadn't noticed before.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-07-2017, 11:27 AM
(13-07-2017 11:16 AM)MacGregor Mathers Wrote:  If you're a Christian who's actually thanking God for my presence on this forum, then: with all due respect, you are deluded in more ways than can probably be remedied.

Dagnabit, you've sniffed me out. I really *am* TTA's token theist - been trying to make them heathens see the light for years. So far - without much success though Weeping

Quote:I don't go into people's houses and tell them how to act, no. But a forum is more like a public square. If I saw, say, someone kicking or beating their dog in public, I'd probably intervene, or at least question it

And if I see someone acting all condescending and judgemental in the public square, I will also act the way I see fit. Funny thing, how it works both ways, eh? Drinking Beverage

13-07-2017, 11:35 AM
(13-07-2017 11:27 AM)Vera Wrote:  And if I see someone acting all condescending and judgemental in the public square, I will also act the way I see fit. Funny thing, how it works both ways, eh?

Very funny indeed. And I will of course continue to see such a response as odd, since I had been conceding the possibility of trolling all along, openly allowing for a perfectly good explanation, and therefore not really "acting all condescending and judgemental"—at least not as I see it. But these things are indeed subjective. At least we agree on that.

Thumbsup

‘S Rìoghal Mo Dhream
13-07-2017, 11:38 AM
(13-07-2017 11:35 AM)MacGregor Mathers Wrote:  Very funny indeed. And I will of course continue to see such a response as odd, since I had been conceding the possibility of trolling all along, openly allowing for a perfectly good explanation, and therefore not really "acting all condescending and judgemental"—at least not as I see it. But these things are indeed subjective. At least we agree on that.

Thumbsup

We really must have the last - condescending - word, don't we? Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-07-2017, 12:30 PM
(12-07-2017 08:36 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  We may indeed face the sixth mass extinction, which means by definition over 75% of all species, but the Earth will not become "a sterile lifeless ball within 300 years."

Correction: Most of the five previous mass extinctions were in the 70-75% of species range. One was in the 60-70% range and the worst was in the 90-95% range.

I have no idea how scientists figure out such percentages.
13-07-2017, 01:33 PM
(13-07-2017 11:18 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  Why can banned members still post? Are they on probation?

They can't. This thread was started by mmmhmm1234; he got banned after that. If you check his information, you will see that he hasn't posted since he was banned.

Probation is signified by the username being brown. I've only seen that three or so times, but that's mainly because it is a new status.