Climate and Chemtrails

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2017, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 07:53 AM by Kaneda.)
Climate and Chemtrails
Has anyone noticed a lot of articles coming out lately that seem to be getting on board the Geoengineering train? And yes, I mean the one where we deliberately spray particulates into the air to try and tinker with the sky.

It seems like just a few months ago the concept of Geoengineering, or any serious discussion of Chemtrails was being treated as a running joke by polite society, with serious discussions relegated to a few loony corners of the web. Now all of a sudden it's getting serious consideration from heavy-hitters like the New York Times and the MIT Technology Review. Just look at what a basic Google search can pull up. Most of these are from the past month:

https://www.google.com/search?q=geoengin...20&bih=460

A few pointed examples:

"The Growing Case for Geoengineering"

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/60408...gineering/

"To Curb Global Warming, Science Fiction May Become Fact"

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/bu...oogle.com/

I've never had much of an opinion on the chemtrail thing but, holy shit, this is getting real.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." -Julius Caesar
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: Climate and Chemtrails
Just a heads up, there seems to have been an error when you pasted the links because most of them do not work.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Yeah I don't know how to fix it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-05-2017, 11:00 PM
(03-05-2017 10:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah I don't know how to fix it.

Looks like Kaneda somehow posted shortened versions of the url usually used for better display instead of the full url. You really can't fix it unless you go and look for the full urls. I think people will get the gist though so it's not too important.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-05-2017, 11:07 PM
^^I'm a little fried to hunt down each link again, so I whittled down the post with a couple prominent sources and a link to that Google Page. Take a look around, there's a lot to see.

[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
03-05-2017, 11:19 PM
(03-05-2017 11:07 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  ^^I'm a little fried to hunt down each link again, so I whittled down the post with a couple prominent sources and a link to that Google Page. Take a look around, there's a lot to see.

That works.

04-05-2017, 11:35 AM
(03-05-2017 10:28 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  It seems like just a few months ago the concept of geoengineering, or any serious discussion of chemtrails was being treated as a running joke by polite society, with serious discussions relegated to a few loony corners of the web....

The notion of "chemtrails" is a running joke, deservedly so, and has zero connection with any debate about geoengineering. The correct scientific term is "contrails", which can actually seed the growth of cirrus clouds, and which could actually increase global warming—by potentially trapping more re-radiated heat from the earth's surface.

These are "legitimate" contrails...
[Image: airteamimagescom.jpg]
Taken at the intersection of the cross country routes between the
West Coast, and the major airports in Atlanta, Orlando and Jacksonville.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
04-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Dane wigington has harped on about these kind of things for a while

His website

I myself know nothing about the science behind the climate, so I have no idea if he is chatting shit or not.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
04-05-2017, 12:46 PM
The idiots who believe "somebody" is spraying chemicals at us seems to have ignored the fact that the "somebody" lives on this planet too. Laughat
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
04-05-2017, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 02:15 PM by Kaneda.)
Okay, I'll redact the term "Chemtrails" for now - because it's kind of muddying the waters of what I was getting out - and cut directly to the chase:

If you found out today that there was a comprehensive plan in the works to alter the climate, that it had been years in the making, and that it's rollout was inevitable, how would that make you feel? Would it effect your outlook on the future in any way?