Clint Eastwood so Cray.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Clint Eastwood so Cray.
I heard a lot about Clint Eastwood being senile in his Republican National speech so I decided to check it out.

He's clearly not senile, but he's a bit doddering and less informed than even me, a Canadian. He spends some time making a bunch of points supposedly in favor of Mitt Romney but really.... I'm not sure he knows the policy of Romney or the guys history. He just seems to think that voting against Obama can't be bad no matter who you vote for.

Anyways, check out the video.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
31-08-2012, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 11:23 AM by TrainWreck.)
RE: Clint Eastwood so Cray.
(31-08-2012 10:29 AM)lucradis Wrote:  He just seems to think that voting against Obama can't be bad no matter who you vote for.

So, what is wrong with that?

Do you believe you understand Obama's governance? Do you believe that most people understand Obama's governance? What happens after Obama's term limits - is the next guy supposed to follow the greta pathway of Obama, and call on him for advice?

You know, maybe Obama could do an evening news anchor and give the American viewing public his expert insights as to how government really works, and then he can stop the political corruption and gridlock as his "change Washington" campaign implied.

It sounded to me like Eastwood is frustrated with the failings of government and wanted to give a heartfeld presentation as the organizers asked, but didn't realize that heartfeld speeches need some amount of reference notes to keep things on track. So he's a little dopey, at least he did't make an ass of himself like Biden has, and the slew of viscious entertainers who are determined to champion the empty suit President.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2012, 11:51 AM
(31-08-2012 11:18 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 10:29 AM)lucradis Wrote:  He just seems to think that voting against Obama can't be bad no matter who you vote for.

So, what is wrong with that?

Do you believe you understand Obama's governance? Do you believe that most people understand Obama's governance? What happens after Obama's term limits - is the next guy supposed to follow the greta pathway of Obama, and call on him for advice?

You know, maybe Obama could do an evening news anchor and give the American viewing public his expert insights as to how government really works, and then he can stop the political corruption and gridlock as his "change Washington" campaign implied.

It sounded to me like Eastwood is frustrated with the failings of government and wanted to give a heartfeld presentation as the organizers asked, but didn't realize that heartfeld speeches need some amount of reference notes to keep things on track. So he's a little dopey, at least he did't make an ass of himself like Biden has, and the slew of viscious entertainers who are determined to champion the empty suit President.

I prefer the empty suit to the one stuffed with bigotry, religion, greed, and lies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-08-2012, 12:25 PM
what's wrong with that?

Um... how about there is the possibility that the guy you are voting for is worse? UH DERR. He can believe what he wants, that's his prerogative.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
31-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Eastwood was great! He made his point simple and brief - if someone's not getting the job done, get rid of him.
31-08-2012, 12:50 PM
(31-08-2012 12:42 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Eastwood was great! He made his point simple and brief - if someone's not getting the job done, get rid of him.

How do you get a job done, when your co-workers are stealing your lunch, tripping you at every turn, and pushing you down the stairs when the camera is off.

Dumbass Americans ignore EVERYTHING except the current environment and push the other button, if they aren't pleased. Such a simplistic mentality is why the repubs intentionally sabotaged this president in the 1st place.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post
31-08-2012, 03:01 PM
I thought the speech was terrible. A lot of pointless bravado, hollow rhetoric and talking to empty chairs when forgetting his lines. The jokes Clint cracked about Obama telling Romney and Eastwood to fuck themselves were juvenile and stupid. What was the thinking behind that?

Convention attendee 1: "Oh, Invisible Obama told Mitt Romney and Clint Eastwood to go fuck themselves. ROMNEY 2012"
Convention attendee 2: "That was a joke."
Convention attendee 1: "Yeah, but you know that's what he would say if he were here. Obama's an ass-hole. Shit, he's probably saying Mitt and Clint should go fuck themselves right now, that ass-hole."

However, the worst thing about the video was the heckler who interrupted the speech... just to ask for Clint to say, "make my day"; it struck me as entirely inappropriate. I mean, srsly, at a political convention, you don't do that.

One particular line that made me cringe: "I haven't cried that hard since I found out that there's 23 million unemployed people in this country" <-- Videos/photos or it didn't happen. And if it didn't happen, Mr Eastwood is a scumbag.
31-08-2012, 03:29 PM
OK I was gonna be a democrat but since they pulled out clint eastwood, I cant resist. HE's famous and HE likes Mitt Romney so he MUST be right.
31-08-2012, 05:37 PM
LOL, what a bunch of stuffed shirt tree huggers.....You all would have loved it if it was George Clooney out their busting Bush's balls.
31-08-2012, 06:15 PM
(31-08-2012 12:50 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  How do you get a job done, when your co-workers are stealing your lunch, tripping you at every turn, and pushing you down the stairs when the camera is off.

Leadership, dude, leadership.

Why don't you Euros draft Obama to run one of your states? We'll trade him to you for a bust of Margaret Thatcher and a burgermeister to be named later.