Clinton Camp ADMITS to Security Breaches???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: Clinton Camp ADMITS to Security Breaches???
(28-07-2016 02:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 02:01 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not defending Trump. I am doing the exact opposite. I am saying at best he was being a smart ass and at worst he is suggesting a quid pro quo transaction with the hackers who surely hacked Clintons email server.

If you watch the entire context, it is clear Trump isn't advocating that he wants Russia to spy on us to get Clinton.

Please explain how "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to FIND the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily" is not inviting the Russians to trespass on US intellectual property. How the fuck is he able to get away with this. Literally inviting a foreign power to try and steal a private citizen's communications.

The argument has been made that "oh the server is offline" but the sentence quoted above doesn't mention the method, just that the Russians should try to find those darned emails. So... maybe they should infiltrate the FBI? That could work? Maybe they already have copies?

And like I said before, it seems impossibly naive to expect that if the Russians did obtain them they'd hand them over un-edited. At this point they could insert the fucking script of star wars and the great American public wouldn't bat an eye, they'd just take it as confirmation of what they've known all along "Hilary Clinton needs to go to jail".

They don't even *need* to hack the server, all they need to do is make up 30 000 plausible sounding emails with some incriminating ones "evidence". The mob will swallow it without pausing to chew. Even if Hilary released the originals they'd claim that *those* were the doctored ones.

Trumps campaign is a monument to stupidity and manipulation of the same.

Point is, nobody has the emails currently since they have been deleted--not the FBI, not the State Department, not Hilary Clinton, and not the American people. The only people who could have those emails are people who already hacked and stole them. Trump was calling for the Russians to produce material that they could only have by already having committed espionage.

Putting aside whether Trump was calling for espionage for the moment, the fact is Trump played the media again. He trolled them (and his opposing partisans), and now they took up valuable press time talking about Trump instead of Clinton. And in order to go after Trump on this issue, they have to talk about the Clinton email scandal and thereby do Trump's work for him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2016, 10:12 AM
(27-07-2016 02:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How can it be espionage - UNLESS there's something classified, or sensitive that shouldn't be seen by the Russians or sent on an unsecure channel???????

The proper word is teason. Trump is a traitor guilty of treason not a spy.

#sigh
28-07-2016, 10:14 AM
(28-07-2016 10:03 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 02:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  Please explain how "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to FIND the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily" is not inviting the Russians to trespass on US intellectual property. How the fuck is he able to get away with this. Literally inviting a foreign power to try and steal a private citizen's communications.

The argument has been made that "oh the server is offline" but the sentence quoted above doesn't mention the method, just that the Russians should try to find those darned emails. So... maybe they should infiltrate the FBI? That could work? Maybe they already have copies?

And like I said before, it seems impossibly naive to expect that if the Russians did obtain them they'd hand them over un-edited. At this point they could insert the fucking script of star wars and the great American public wouldn't bat an eye, they'd just take it as confirmation of what they've known all along "Hilary Clinton needs to go to jail".

They don't even *need* to hack the server, all they need to do is make up 30 000 plausible sounding emails with some incriminating ones "evidence". The mob will swallow it without pausing to chew. Even if Hilary released the originals they'd claim that *those* were the doctored ones.

Trumps campaign is a monument to stupidity and manipulation of the same.

Point is, nobody has the emails currently since they have been deleted--not the FBI, not the State Department, not Hilary Clinton, and not the American people. The only people who could have those emails are people who already hacked and stole them. Trump was calling for the Russians to produce material that they could only have by already having committed espionage.

Putting aside whether Trump was calling for espionage for the moment, the fact is Trump played the media again. He trolled them (and his opposing partisans), and now they took up valuable press time talking about Trump instead of Clinton. And in order to go after Trump on this issue, they have to talk about the Clinton email scandal and thereby do Trump's work for him.

... And those emails belong to which of the entities that you mentioned? And Trump is calling for the Russians to use that material to influence your election and you don't think it's newsworthy?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-07-2016, 10:35 AM
(28-07-2016 10:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 10:03 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Point is, nobody has the emails currently since they have been deleted--not the FBI, not the State Department, not Hilary Clinton, and not the American people. The only people who could have those emails are people who already hacked and stole them. Trump was calling for the Russians to produce material that they could only have by already having committed espionage.

... And those emails belong to which of the entities that you mentioned?

They belong to the American people. It'd be nice to get them back, even if they have to come back by way of a thief.

Quote:And Trump is calling for the Russians to use that material to influence your election and you don't think it's newsworthy?

Trump is trying to use that material to influence our election. That is precisely what politicians do. If there is no wrongdoing by Clinton in those emails, then there is nothing to worry about, and it will not influence the election. If there is wrongdoing uncovered by the emails, the American people deserve to know, and it should influence the election.
28-07-2016, 10:42 AM
(28-07-2016 01:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't think he was telling Russia or anyone to start spying on us. That claim is absurd and any respect I had for CNN was lost when I saw them make that claim.

From the New York Times:

Quote:“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference to Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Note the use of the word "find". The passage I have emphasized is a clear instigation to search for those emails, which of necessity would require espionage given that the target is a former high-ranking government employee.
28-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Trump wouldn't have anything to say -- if Clinton hadn't treated national security like a hen party......................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-07-2016, 10:46 AM
(28-07-2016 10:35 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 10:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... And those emails belong to which of the entities that you mentioned?

They belong to the American people. It'd be nice to get them back, even if they have to come back by way of a thief.

Quote:And Trump is calling for the Russians to use that material to influence your election and you don't think it's newsworthy?

Trump is trying to use that material to influence our election. That is precisely what politicians do. If there is no wrongdoing by Clinton in those emails, then there is nothing to worry about, and it will not influence the election. If there is wrongdoing uncovered by the emails, the American people deserve to know, and it should influence the election.

I have a serious problem with a Presidential candidate inviting a foreign power to manipulate our election. Your mileage clearly varies.
28-07-2016, 10:50 AM
(28-07-2016 10:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 10:35 AM)BryanS Wrote:  They belong to the American people. It'd be nice to get them back, even if they have to come back by way of a thief.

I have a serious problem with a Presidential candidate inviting a foreign power to manipulate our election. Your mileage clearly varies.

I have a serious problem with a Secretary of State who treats her security clearance and the security of classified information as a mere formality -- enforcement of which is only for the "little people" -- and not royalty like herself.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-07-2016, 11:09 AM
(28-07-2016 04:31 AM)BnW Wrote:  I can't believe I'm saying this but .... I agree with HJ. He was being a dick, but ge was not literally asking russia to hack her emails.

Yes, he was. The language is pretty clear that at the very least, he doesn't care if they engage in espionage. Why are people ignoring what he actually said?

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
28-07-2016, 11:14 AM
(28-07-2016 11:09 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 04:31 AM)BnW Wrote:  I can't believe I'm saying this but .... I agree with HJ. He was being a dick, but ge was not literally asking russia to hack her emails.

Yes, he was. The language is pretty clear that at the very least, he doesn't care if they engage in espionage. Why are people ignoring what he actually said?

Probably for the exact same reason that Hillary's supporters are ignoring her breaches of security by using an unclassified email account for classified information.......

She's "their guy"....