Clinton Camp ADMITS to Security Breaches???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: Clinton Camp ADMITS to Security Breaches???
I would suggest that all those who call it "espionage" read this article: http://lawnewz.com/columnists/settle-dow...ys-emails/

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2016, 11:26 AM
(28-07-2016 11:09 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 04:31 AM)BnW Wrote:  I can't believe I'm saying this but .... I agree with HJ. He was being a dick, but ge was not literally asking russia to hack her emails.

Yes, he was. The language is pretty clear that at the very least, he doesn't care if they engage in espionage. Why are people ignoring what he actually said?

In the context of the whole thing, he was simply making a point. You can't isolate one sentence and say "gotcha!" and be taken seriously. He said something stupid but it doesn't rise to the level of anything beyond basic douchbaggery. He's a douchbag, but no one can seriously believe he was calling for Russia to hack government emails given the entirety of his comments. It's nonsense.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
28-07-2016, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 11:44 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(28-07-2016 11:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 11:09 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Yes, he was. The language is pretty clear that at the very least, he doesn't care if they engage in espionage. Why are people ignoring what he actually said?

Probably for the exact same reason that Hillary's supporters are ignoring her breaches of security by using an unclassified email account for classified information.......

She's "their guy"....

There's a bit of a difference between the careless use of information, and actively asking another country to acquire information illegally, especially when you have no idea if those hackers are at all trustworthy, and there's a very low chance that they are in fact trustworthy. The thing with hackers is they can do as much damage as they want to regardless of what you say they should do, and there's practically no way to stop them.

28-07-2016, 11:50 AM
I agree. One of those things is a crime for which other people have been indicted, and the other is just an asshole shooting his mouth off.

[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
28-07-2016, 11:53 AM
(28-07-2016 11:50 AM)BnW Wrote:  I agree. One of those things is a crime for which other people have been indicted, and the other is just an asshole shooting his mouth off.

He's not just shooting his mouth off, and you're deliberately ignoring what I'm saying. His actions have consequences. This is basically Trump saying "look hacker guys, you can do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care!" He's giving them a pass, and as a presidential candidate, that's a highly irresponsible thing to say.

28-07-2016, 12:09 PM
I completely agree a person running for president shouldn't say something this stupid. And, frankly, this isn't even the worst thing he said in that vein. Between his big mouth and his stupid tweets, he's going to start a war or crash the market if he wins. Presidents, and really candidates, can't be that flippant with their remarks. Absolutely agree with that.

But, he didn't call for espionage here. You are being more than a tad hyperbolic. He was being bombastic. Not treasonous. He's an asshole, but he's not a traitor.

There are enough real reasons to criticize both candidates that we don't have to invent or exaggerate new ones.

28-07-2016, 12:16 PM
(28-07-2016 11:53 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 11:50 AM)BnW Wrote:  I agree. One of those things is a crime for which other people have been indicted, and the other is just an asshole shooting his mouth off.

He's not just shooting his mouth off, and you're deliberately ignoring what I'm saying. His actions have consequences. This is basically Trump saying "look hacker guys, you can do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care!" He's giving them a pass, and as a presidential candidate, that's a highly irresponsible thing to say.

Oh come on. He has no authority to "give them a pass". Russian hackers will do whatever they're going to do (or not), regardless of anything Trump says. He's just a blowhard running for President. He has no authority whatsoever. I would agree that there's something wrong with a Presidential candidate suggesting that a foreign country meddle in our election in any way, but I don't see anything treasonous or criminal in that. He's just being an asshole. Surprise, surprise. He's been an asshole all along. This is just "outrageous Trump" being "outrageous Trump" -- again. So what? His fanboys will eat it up, and everyone else is outraged. What else is new?
28-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Actually, the real issue here is being completely overshadowed. The specifics are stupid. The real issue is he had to, again, back off and clarify something he said. He is entirely too gaff prone for the job. He simply doesn't think through the consequences. That's the real issue here.

28-07-2016, 12:26 PM
(28-07-2016 11:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 11:09 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Yes, he was. The language is pretty clear that at the very least, he doesn't care if they engage in espionage. Why are people ignoring what he actually said?

Probably for the exact same reason that Hillary's supporters are ignoring her breaches of security by using an unclassified email account for classified information.......

She's "their guy"....

I will not be voting for Trump. He isn't my guy.
28-07-2016, 12:30 PM
(28-07-2016 03:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  What "mighty reward" does Trump think he can offer Russia? America on a plate?

Trump could call for the recognition of Crimea as part of Russia.