Clinton Used Prison Labor, aka modern slave labor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 04:15 PM by epronovost.)
RE: Clinton Used Prison Labor, aka modern slave labor
(11-06-2017 03:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Structural racism is a myth. There is no such thing as a "white neighborhood." We all have the same opportunity. I grew up in bad neighborhoods in L.A. Certain kids chose to do good in school, join the military, get a job etc. Other kids did not. Some joined gangs or started drugs (even when their father's worked at the same aerospace job as my dad did and lived on the same street as me). It didn't matter their race. There were successes and failures of all races.

Having a fucked up life is pretty much a choice in America. I knew good kids when I was a cop. They got good grades and hung out with my daughter until they hit about 15. Then all of a sudden I started arresting those same kids for break ins, drugs, robberies etc. I'd ask them what the hell are you doing with your life? Why don't you finish school? Get a job? Nope. They all say the same shit. "That shit's for busters."

This kind of anecdote always reminds me that people who are knee deep into a problem are usualy the last one to notice it.

The most racist area are those who are denying racism the most. The most poluted areas are those who deny environmental issues the most. Proximity blindness is a real pain in the ass, but a bit necessary to preserve one's hope and sanity in certain sense. In some places, racism is so deeply rooted it might feel like an impossible task to put an end to it. It's easier to deny the problem to preserve the hope that things can be better if you work hard enough.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like epronovost's post
11-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:There is no such thing as a "white neighborhood." We all have the same opportunity.

I always thought it was easier if you were rich because you could buy shit like good food, housing, college, transportation, medical care, vacations... it's weird because I've been to California and I didn't know all that shit was free out there. I went into all the wrong places I guess because everywhere I went they wanted money for food, and if I wanted to sleep indoors I had to pay for that. Exactly what part of LA are you from? Because I'm fucking tired of everyone wanting money for everything. I am on my way!
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
11-06-2017, 04:24 PM
(11-06-2017 04:11 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 03:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Structural racism is a myth. There is no such thing as a "white neighborhood." We all have the same opportunity. I grew up in bad neighborhoods in L.A. Certain kids chose to do good in school, join the military, get a job etc. Other kids did not. Some joined gangs or started drugs (even when their father's worked at the same aerospace job as my dad did and lived on the same street as me). It didn't matter their race. There were successes and failures of all races.

Having a fucked up life is pretty much a choice in America. I knew good kids when I was a cop. They got good grades and hung out with my daughter until they hit about 15. Then all of a sudden I started arresting those same kids for break ins, drugs, robberies etc. I'd ask them what the hell are you doing with your life? Why don't you finish school? Get a job? Nope. They all say the same shit. "That shit's for busters."

This kind of anecdote always reminds me that people who are knee deep into a problem are usualy the last one to notice it.

The most racist area are those who are denying racism the most. The most poluted areas are those who deny environmental issues the most. Proximity blindness is a real pain in the ass, but a bit necessary to preserve one's hope and sanity in certain sense. In some places, racism is so deeply rooted it might feel like an impossible task to put an end to it. It's easier to deny the problem to preserve the hope that things can be better if you work hard enough.

That's scary the way you took that apart. Sinister but true.
11-06-2017, 04:32 PM
(11-06-2017 04:24 PM)ImFred Wrote:  That's scary the way you took that apart. Sinister but true.

In my opinon Marx was almost right, but he lacked foresight due to the epoch in which he was writting. Religion isn't the opium of the people, vain hope is and religion sells a butt load of that. That's why in the most desperate areas and in the shittiest situation, you find more people selling vain hopes than selling good solutions.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
11-06-2017, 05:08 PM
(11-06-2017 03:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 03:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Is this what conservatism means, to pretend reality isn't real?

Structural racism is a myth. There is no such thing as a "white neighborhood." We all have the same opportunity.

Thank you for answering my question as unequivocally as I had expected.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
11-06-2017, 05:17 PM
(11-06-2017 03:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  We all have the same opportunity.

Did you miss when the recession happened and people lost their jobs and their homes? Are you that much of a fucking dumbass?

11-06-2017, 05:29 PM
"Having a shitty life is a choice in America!" "We have to vote for Trump- he'll bring the jobs back!"

11-06-2017, 06:00 PM
(11-06-2017 05:29 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  "Having a shitty life is a choice in America!" "We have to vote for Trump- he'll bring the jobs back!"

I don't know if he can do it. but we had to TRY and stop the direction we going. being called a bigot because we want immigration laws and thinking a child of an illegal immigrant should be paid, in full, by america, is about as basic crazy as it gets. What is scary is that believe (the definition of belief) they know what's best. oh well, like we say, theist have crazy beliefs and it seems so do far left liberals; they are absolutely certain they have the real truth. and its not even real. just like literal thiests.

personal accountability is the single biggest disconnect I have with far left liberals. They just don't like being told what to do and cannot accept personal responsibility. its always somebody else's fault.
11-06-2017, 06:27 PM
(11-06-2017 06:00 PM)AB517 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 05:29 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  "Having a shitty life is a choice in America!" "We have to vote for Trump- he'll bring the jobs back!"

I don't know if he can do it. but we had to TRY and stop the direction we going. being called a bigot because we want immigration laws and thinking a child of an illegal immigrant should be paid, in full, by america, is about as basic crazy as it gets. What is scary is that believe (the definition of belief) they know what's best. oh well, like we say, theist have crazy beliefs and it seems so do far left liberals; they are absolutely certain they have the real truth. and its not even real. just like literal thiests.

personal accountability is the single biggest disconnect I have with far left liberals. They just don't like being told what to do and cannot accept personal responsibility. its always somebody else's fault.

Cool story, bro. Needs more dragons.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Why does this report in the LA Times appear to buttress my emerging view that more money spent on education likely means less money spent on incarceration?
Quote:The cost of imprisoning each of California’s 130,000 inmates is expected to reach a record $75,560 in the next year

We should send them to Harvard instead of prison. No?
Quote:That’s enough to cover the annual cost of attending Harvard University and still have plenty left over for pizza and beer

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post