Clinton Used Prison Labor, aka modern slave labor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: Clinton Used Prison Labor, aka modern slave labor
(11-06-2017 03:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  in my city, the "other side of the tracks" is a street called Troost, with the family-wealthy whites on one side and the blacks on the other

When I was in KC last weekend we actually went down Troost to avoid some highway construction, and through one of the most dangerous intersections in the country, as I found out later. I've been in some bad neighborhoods, but the palpable feeling of neglect and hopelessness in the air driving down those streets stuck pretty hard in my memory.

http://www.urbo.com/content/these-are-5-...in-america

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-06-2017, 07:33 PM
The ugly metal desks we used on USN ships were labeled "Made by Prison Labor". My cousins in the MMCC say that doing anything is better than doing nothing, so they work hard to earn the right to work. Trustee status, being allowed outside the walls, is especially valued. Chance to breath free air, see some ladies who aren't guards, and maybe score an extra pack of smokes.

If you want to call Governor's Mansion work slave labor you can, but the cons would be laughing at you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2017, 02:16 AM
(11-06-2017 09:08 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-...sas-622209

Quote:Twitter users have reacted with surprise and fury over excerpts from Hillary Clinton’s 1996 book It Takes A Village. On June 6, Jeanette Jing, an activist with over 33,000 followers on Twitter who supports Clinton's Democratic opponent Sen. Bernie Sanders, shared two pages of the work in which Clinton reminisces about the black prisoners who worked in the Arkansas governor’s mansion she shared with her husband, Bill Clinton, who led the state from 1979 to 1981 and 1983 to 1992.

“When we moved in, I was told that using prison labor at the governor’s mansion was a longstanding tradition, which kept down costs,” Clinton writes. She adds that most of the workers were convicted murderers and she became friendly with “a few of them, African-American men in their thirties who had already served 12 to 18 years of their sentences.”

Eh, trustees working on public grounds like that are VERY common and happen all over the country. Has been that way for decades. There's nothing rare or exceptional about that story.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
12-06-2017, 02:59 AM
(11-06-2017 03:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Prison labor isn't unconstitutional, illegal, immoral or even a bad idea.

Unfortunately, the cunts that find themselves in charge always seem to find a way to get rich off of it.

That's the only thing I see as a problem.

exactly.
12-06-2017, 03:02 AM
(11-06-2017 04:32 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 04:24 PM)ImFred Wrote:  That's scary the way you took that apart. Sinister but true.

In my opinon Marx was almost right, but he lacked foresight due to the epoch in which he was writting. Religion isn't the opium of the people, vain hope is and religion sells a butt load of that. That's why in the most desperate areas and in the shittiest situation, you find more people selling vain hopes than selling good solutions.

yes.

On paper marx has a great idea. out in the real it fails. Preying on vain hope is the problem I have with people, not offering it as a "life jacket" in shitty seas.
12-06-2017, 03:10 AM
(11-06-2017 07:08 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 03:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  in my city, the "other side of the tracks" is a street called Troost, with the family-wealthy whites on one side and the blacks on the other

When I was in KC last weekend we actually went down Troost to avoid some highway construction, and through one of the most dangerous intersections in the country, as I found out later. I've been in some bad neighborhoods, but the palpable feeling of neglect and hopelessness in the air driving down those streets stuck pretty hard in my memory.

http://www.urbo.com/content/these-are-5-...in-america

I grew near some every tough areas. They get food, water, shelter, and a free education. I see them pissing on it instead of using it. piss on free education and run into churches. yup, its everybody else's fault alright. "god will save us.'

I have grown even less tolerance for it since I became a parent, and crusty old. They call my kids "privileged" because my grands, my parents, and myself, bust our ass every day at work and give up many of the pleasures in life to help our children be better than us.

they try and make my children feel bad that we make them work, make them study, and we give up our, and theirs, weekends to make sure they are ready for monday.

yeah, its us alright that have the problem. its us that should suffer the hate, revenge, and intolerance. of the rich and poor a like.
12-06-2017, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 06:36 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  I grew near some every tough areas. They get food, water, shelter, and a free education. I see them pissing on it instead of using it. piss on free education and run into churches. yup, its everybody else's fault alright. "god will save us.'

As opposed to places where people don't run to church? What part of America are you talking about? The church has been peddling that line for 2000 years.

As far as "get" food, water, shelter, and free education, I can't believe you're disingenuous enough to refuse to recognize that these things are at significantly substandard levels, especially in the ghettoes, compared to what all but the most absolute dirt-poor whites get (and that whites in those areas-- or in decayed rural or rust-belt areas-- fail at similar rates, for similar reasons). It's way too much to get into, here, and I suspect you wouldn't listen to me anyway, but you can easily look up the known and documented effects of a substandard educational system that effectively serves to discourage black kids from furthering their education and serves as a "school to prison pipeline" (Google that phrase, for a start), and the numerous other ways in which a depressed local economy impacts crime. Again, this happens to whites, too, but because most black people live in such areas that have historically been (deliberately) allowed to atrophy, while most whites do not, and it only affects the ones that do, the average outcome is different.

(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  I have grown even less tolerance for it since I became a parent, and crusty old. They call my kids "privileged" because my grands, my parents, and myself, bust our ass every day at work and give up many of the pleasures in life to help our children be better than us.

Well that's some racist bullshit right there. You think that there aren't black people working their ass off? You think they're just sitting around, collecting welfare checks? C'mon man you gotta be smarter than that. Here's one clue to start: if you're a kid who can't utter the phrase "because my grands, my parents...bust our ass every day at work" due to the fact that your "grands" and parents were incarcerated for most of their adult lives as a result of a system that penalizes many non-violent behaviors in order to deliberately pacify those areas, is more likely to convict and for longer sentences, etc., then you don't have the PRIVILEGE that you had, and are starting from behind the power curve.

(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  they try and make my children feel bad that we make them work, make them study, and we give up our, and theirs, weekends to make sure they are ready for monday.

Who's "they"? You realize that, when black fathers are present, we know that they spend significantly more time with their children compared to whites, right? You know that there are millions of white parents that don't do what you do, and millions of black ones that do the exact same thing? WHO ARE these imaginary black people you're talking about? Oh, right, you're buying into a media narrative that puts crime--especially black crime--on the news every night. The overwhelming majority of black people are not any different than you are, in this regard. So if there's still a problem, you should maybe consider that there are factors which differ between your lives, and that you might have had better opportunities than you realize.

That is why they say your kids have privilege. Privilege includes the ability to pretend you don't have privilege.

(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  yeah, its us alright that have the problem. its us that should suffer the hate, revenge, and intolerance. of the rich and poor a like.

This is just incomprehensible garbage. Needs no response.

Edit to Add:

[Image: Changing-the-Narrative-About-Black.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-06-2017, 05:55 AM
I like how the Daily Kos put it. I'm not really a fan of their work, but the introductory paragraph is brilliant:

We've been told, quite frequently and repeatedly that the problems in the black community that we've seen in Ferguson and Baltimore recently are not the fault of biased, paramilitary, paranoid and violent policing (even if the Bureau of Justice Statistics indicates that black people are three times more likely to be subject to law enforcement uses of force). They are not the fault of racist red-lining that created these impoverished neighborhoods in the first place. They are not the fault of bigoted lending and hiring practices that create roadblocks for those attempting to escape those neighborhoods. And the fact that black students are disciplined, suspended and expelled far more easily and quickly for the same or lesser offenses, isn't the problem. None of that is the problem. Nope. All of that is just too bad. Life is tough all over. Lots of people have got lots of problems. [...] But what we've heard the most, is that the real problem is the Breakdown in the Black Family. That too many black fathers have abandoned their children, allowing them to be raised by the streets like feral cats. They don't learn morals, and they don't learn values—so naturally police have to shoot them down like rabid, foaming dogs. Even when they're unarmed. Even when they have their backs turned and are simply running away. It's all just their own fault really. If only black fathers would spend as much time and energy on their kids as white fathers do. If only... Well, someone—the Centers for Disease Control—actually went to trouble of checking just how involved in their lives all fathers are, whether or not they are married to the mother of their children or live with them. What they found was that, in reality, black fathers are actually more attentive to their children than other fathers generally are.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/5/13/...ked-by-CDC

(Secondary links to articles about all of the above practices are in the link above.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-06-2017, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 12:13 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-06-2017 05:48 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  I grew near some every tough areas. They get food, water, shelter, and a free education. I see them pissing on it instead of using it. piss on free education and run into churches. yup, its everybody else's fault alright. "god will save us.'

As opposed to places where people don't run to church? What part of America are you talking about? The church has been peddling that line for 2000 years.

As far as "get" food, water, shelter, and free education, I can't believe you're disingenuous enough to recognize that these things are at significantly substandard levels, especially in the ghettoes, compared to what all but the most absolute dirt-poor whites get (and that whites in those areas-- or in decayed rural or rust-belt areas-- fail at similar rates, for similar reasons). It's way too much to get into, here, and I suspect you wouldn't listen to me anyway, but you can easily look up the known and documented effects of a substandard educational system that effectively serves to discourage black kids from furthering their education and serves as a "school to prison pipeline" (Google that phrase, for a start), and the numerous other ways in which a depressed local economy impacts crime. Again, this happens to whites, too, but because most black people live in such areas that have historically been (deliberately) allowed to atrophy, while most whites do not, and it only affects the ones that do, the average outcome is different.

(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  I have grown even less tolerance for it since I became a parent, and crusty old. They call my kids "privileged" because my grands, my parents, and myself, bust our ass every day at work and give up many of the pleasures in life to help our children be better than us.

Well that's some racist bullshit right there. You think that there aren't black people working their ass off? You think they're just sitting around, collecting welfare checks? C'mon man you gotta be smarter than that. Here's one clue to start: if you're a kid who can't utter the phrase "because my grands, my parents...bust our ass every day at work" due to the fact that your "grands" and parents were incarcerated for most of their adult lives as a result of a system that penalizes many non-violent behaviors in order to deliberately pacify those areas, is more likely to convict and for longer sentences, etc., then you don't have the PRIVILEGE that you had, and are starting from behind the power curve.

(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  they try and make my children feel bad that we make them work, make them study, and we give up our, and theirs, weekends to make sure they are ready for monday.

Who's "they"? You realize that, when black fathers are present, we know that they spend about twice as much time with their children compared to whites, right? You know that there are millions of white parents that don't do what you do, and millions of black ones that do the exact same thing? WHO ARE these imaginary black people you're talking about? Oh, right, you're buying into a media narrative that puts crime--especially black crime--on the news every night. The overwhelming majority of black people are not any different than you are, in this regard. So if there's still a problem, you should maybe consider that there are factors which differ between your lives, and that you might have had better opportunities than you realize.

That is why they say your kids have privilege. Privilege includes the ability to pretend you don't have privilege.

(12-06-2017 03:10 AM)AB517 Wrote:  yeah, its us alright that have the problem. its us that should suffer the hate, revenge, and intolerance. of the rich and poor a like.

This is just incomprehensible garbage. Needs no response.

AB517 pulls out the 'Group Think' card in 5... 4... 3...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2017, 06:04 AM
(11-06-2017 04:32 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 04:24 PM)ImFred Wrote:  That's scary the way you took that apart. Sinister but true.

In my opinon Marx was almost right, but he lacked foresight due to the epoch in which he was writting. Religion isn't the opium of the people, vain hope is and religion sells a butt load of that. That's why in the most desperate areas and in the shittiest situation, you find more people selling vain hopes than selling good solutions.

He was quite good when it came to criticizing capitalism, but not so good when he proposed solutions. With religion however it was jackpot - religion is opiate of the masses, but it's not drug to make them happy, rather it is anesthetic to dull their suffering.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post