Clinton foundation... scam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2016, 07:37 PM
RE: Clinton foundation... scam?
(24-07-2016 07:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  According to the Clintons' tax returns, they are worth over 30 million dollars. Since 2007, they have paid over $43M in taxes. Again, that's not speculation. That's what the Clintons say and have made public.

In 2015, a US Senator earned $174,000. When Hillary was Secretary of State, the job paid $186,000. If you think she and Bill achieved a net worth of over 30,000,000 by working for others and eschewing personal gain, your the one who is naive.

*you're

I never said she didn't accumulate wealth through other endeavors, don't put words in my mouth. Clearly she gave six-figure speeches, though most of that wealth is from Bill. What I said was to proclaim that the Clintons didn't do anything in the humanitarian vein is behind ludicrous.

If you're going to sling accusations at least try to hit the mark with accuracy.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
24-07-2016, 07:42 PM
(24-07-2016 07:37 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:29 PM)BnW Wrote:  According to the Clintons' tax returns, they are worth over 30 million dollars. Since 2007, they have paid over $43M in taxes. Again, that's not speculation. That's what the Clintons say and have made public.

In 2015, a US Senator earned $174,000. When Hillary was Secretary of State, the job paid $186,000. If you think she and Bill achieved a net worth of over 30,000,000 by working for others and eschewing personal gain, your the one who is naive.

*you're

I never said she didn't accumulate wealth through other endeavors, don't put words in my mouth. Clearly she gave six-figure speeches, though most of that wealth is from Bill. What I said was to proclaim that the Clintons didn't do anything in the humanitarian vein is behind ludicrous.

If you're going to sling accusations at least try to hit the mark with accuracy.

You've been unusually cranky lately.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2016, 07:49 PM
(24-07-2016 07:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:37 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  *you're

You've been unusually cranky lately.

I know, I don't know why. I think I'm just bitter about politics lately. Maybe I'm drinking the same juice as Vosur.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
24-07-2016, 07:51 PM
(24-07-2016 07:49 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:42 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  You've been unusually cranky lately.

I know, I don't know why. I think I'm just bitter about politics lately. Maybe I'm drinking the same juice as Vosur.

Politics brings out the worst in all of us it seems.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-07-2016, 08:02 PM

And your point is? Do you really think that the Clinton's wealth has been secured solely through their political endeavours? Facepalm

According to Forbes' Real Time 24 July, Donald Drumpf has a personal wealth of $4.5 billion. If you seemingly accuse the Clinton's of making money from dubious activities, then you'd have to assume that Drumpf is a criminal of international status LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
25-07-2016, 04:32 AM
(24-07-2016 06:53 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 06:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Just my opinion bro, I have no evidence other then circumstantial evidence that is open to interpretation. But if you think that for politicians of Clintons caliber "public service" is anything more then a political tool I have to say that you are rather naive.

You didn't frame your post as your opinion but rather factual. If you have no evidence and just want to post to flex your humorous muscle, fine, but it was ridiculous.

No politician works pro bono, but if you think Hillary's exemplary work for women and children even before she was a politician was for her own gain you're the naive one. Yes, of course she expects to get paid as a senator, SoS and president, and reap the benefits down the road, but I do believe she works for the people. Call me naive, I don't give a shit.

No...

But if you wanna play that game...please provide evidence that everything that comes from Washington Examiner can be dismissed as a right wing propaganda, because you also framed your post as a factual statement. Drinking Beverage
I guess you were just flexing your humorous muscle?

If you gonna go by standards you try to impose on me , your statement about Washington Examiner is equally ridiculous and unsupported by evidence.
If you insist , I am positive that I could find enough reports from Washington Examiner that are factually true thus making your statement about them factually untrue.

So stop that crap with statements/opinions made without providing evidence , you can`t win that argument here.

And I am not talking about getting payed to be a senator Rolleyes , nor was I talking about pro bono stuff. Nor do I care about handjobs or blowjobs or e-mails, even tho them being caught lying that many times should be telling enough about their ethics.
I am talking about them always opting and pushing for a military interventions that without exception and perfectly predictable lead to humanitarian disasters, like Libya and Iraq.

Hillary's exemplary work for women and children?

You mean like defending and getting a rapist of a 12 year old girl off the hook on technicalities even tho by her own words she believed him to be guilty ?

Also, until few years ago she was against gay marriage.

Not to mention being funded by Saudi Arabia, a country where women are in fact grossly oppressed.

You are basically defending a pair of politicians that have been caught lying so many times, like they are fakn angels and you are trying to give me shit about not making clear that my statement is an opinion rather then a factual statement like I have submitted it for a pier review, while in the same time you made equally unsupported claim and on top of that you are trying to claim some moral high ground.
Laughable.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
25-07-2016, 05:15 AM
(24-07-2016 08:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

And your point is? Do you really think that the Clinton's wealth has been secured solely through their political endeavours? Facepalm

According to Forbes' Real Time 24 July, Donald Drumpf has a personal wealth of $4.5 billion. If you seemingly accuse the Clinton's of making money from dubious activities, then you'd have to assume that Drumpf is a criminal of international status LOL.

Drumpf made his money in real estate. The Clinton's have only worked in public service since the 80s. All their money came from political endeavours or as a result of their political lives. I never said it was all dubious, but the comment was made how she works for the people. I think she's done very well working for herself.

You want to see someone who works for the people, I give you Jimmy Carter. That's a public servant who puts his money where is mouth is. Reasonable people can disagree on his political positions, but I don't think anyone would deny his intentions. I see her, however, as someone who does what the polls say she should do. Take marriage equality as an example. For years she was against it. Then, suddenly, the political winds change and she's an advocate.

She is every bit the political opportunist Trump is. She just has the advantage of not being a fucking loon, but I think you're kidding yourself if you think she's in this race for anyone's betterment but her own. That just makes her typical, but pretending she's some kind of altruist is ridiculous.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
25-07-2016, 05:27 AM
...raking the muck....

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
25-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Clinton Foundation annual reports and form 990 filings are available here. Bill, Hillary and Chelsea are not paid any kind of salary by the foundation. It wouldn't surprise me if the foundation reimburses them for foundation related travel expenses though.

If you want to know where their personal wealth came from, Forbes breaks it down in this article.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
25-07-2016, 09:14 AM
(25-07-2016 04:32 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 06:53 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You didn't frame your post as your opinion but rather factual. If you have no evidence and just want to post to flex your humorous muscle, fine, but it was ridiculous.

No politician works pro bono, but if you think Hillary's exemplary work for women and children even before she was a politician was for her own gain you're the naive one. Yes, of course she expects to get paid as a senator, SoS and president, and reap the benefits down the road, but I do believe she works for the people. Call me naive, I don't give a shit.

No...

But if you wanna play that game...please provide evidence that everything that comes from Washington Examiner can be dismissed as a right wing propaganda, because you also framed your post as a factual statement. Drinking Beverage
I guess you were just flexing your humorous muscle?

If you gonna go by standards you try to impose on me , your statement about Washington Examiner is equally ridiculous and unsupported by evidence.
If you insist , I am positive that I could find enough reports from Washington Examiner that are factually true thus making your statement about them factually untrue.

So stop that crap with statements/opinions made without providing evidence , you can`t win that argument here.

And I am not talking about getting payed to be a senator Rolleyes , nor was I talking about pro bono stuff. Nor do I care about handjobs or blowjobs or e-mails, even tho them being caught lying that many times should be telling enough about their ethics.
I am talking about them always opting and pushing for a military interventions that without exception and perfectly predictable lead to humanitarian disasters, like Libya and Iraq.

Hillary's exemplary work for women and children?

You mean like defending and getting a rapist of a 12 year old girl off the hook on technicalities even tho by her own words she believed him to be guilty ?

Also, until few years ago she was against gay marriage.

Not to mention being funded by Saudi Arabia, a country where women are in fact grossly oppressed.

You are basically defending a pair of politicians that have been caught lying so many times, like they are fakn angels and you are trying to give me shit about not making clear that my statement is an opinion rather then a factual statement like I have submitted it for a pier review, while in the same time you made equally unsupported claim and on top of that you are trying to claim some moral high ground.
Laughable.

The Washington Examiner is the voice of conservatives, owned by Philip Anschutz, a billionaire right-wing Evangelical. If the magazine/website were any more slanted, the type would fall off the page. These facts make it hard to take anything they publish as objective journalism. So any piece written by this rag that condemns any non-conservative in an election year can be dismissed rather easily. I don't need to post any such articles because their worldview automatically taints their objectivity.

I can just as easily post countless videos of either of the Clintons doing exemplary work, but would you accept that as proof your statement was false? You basically said they never would do anything without a personal ulterior motive and I called bullshit. I wasn't taking some moral high ground.

----