Clinton leads all FiveThirtyEight poll-election scenarios

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: Clinton leads all FiveThirtyEight poll-election scenarios
(25-11-2016 09:14 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Will election polls ever be taken seriously again? I called out the methodology in the polls in this thread months ago.

I still believe the mainstream media pollsters manipulate data to come to the conclusion they want. They were so in the tank for Hillary. They can never be trusted again. The IBD poll was about the only one that was accurate.

Never be trusted again, no, but they should be considered as long term weather forecast. Don't put much faith in them, but they do show trends. Trump had a surprising bump thanks to the FBI late investigation that put back Clinton's greatest weakness at the fore a few days away from the election, probably reducing her turnout significantly. There should be polls on the motivation of the population to go vote for their favorite (or least detested candidate). It would have shown that motivation was pretty low for Democrats. I think this could help them take tinot account this important variable.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2016, 12:00 PM
(25-11-2016 09:14 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Will election polls ever be taken seriously again? I called out the methodology in the polls in this thread months ago.

I still believe the mainstream media pollsters manipulate data to come to the conclusion they want. They were so in the tank for Hillary. They can never be trusted again. The IBD poll was about the only one that was accurate.

They invented fortune tellers, to make pollsters look legitimate....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-11-2016, 01:47 PM
What I've found disgusting is that some folks are claiming the polls were all accurate because they all said Trump had a chance to win, no matter how small. By that line of reasoning, they would have still been accurate if Johnson or Stein had won.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
25-11-2016, 08:25 PM

Accurate? Because it guessed that he was leading and then he won? Give me a break. Why does IBD get credit for being accurate and not biased to what it wanted? The result may have coincided with what IBD was forecasting, but that doesn't mean it was accurate.

But I agree, I will never look at polls the same way again.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user