Clinton leads all FiveThirtyEight poll-election scenarios

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 07:22 PM
RE: Clinton leads all FiveThirtyEight poll-election scenarios
(01-08-2016 05:35 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  (Note: Rob Ford left his crack and pipe to me in his will.)

Is it cracked from overuse? Or is it still good for a hit or two?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2016, 07:43 PM
(01-08-2016 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 05:35 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  (Note: Rob Ford left his crack and pipe to me in his will.)

Is it cracked from overuse? Or is it still good for a hit or two?

when it comes to crack, the hardware usually outlasts the software by a large margin.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
01-08-2016, 08:35 PM
(01-08-2016 09:37 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  As I said after the RNC gave Trump his slight bounce and lead, Clinton would retake that lead with a vengeance after the DNC. She leads all three of the election scenarios from FiveThirtyEight. She just retook Florida and most of the scenarios have her leading significantly.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016...ecast/#now

What does it mean? Meh, not much, like I also said, but it will now settle over the next few weeks and she will settle into a modest lead. Once these two start to release policies and debate, we'll then see who is truly in the lead.

Right--it doesn't mean too much. Just ask president Dukakis about his 7pt lead over George Bush Sr in August of 1988
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical...on.2C_1988
01-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Nate Silver (538) was on All In tonight and explained that Clinton's bounce was larger than Trump's. He said Trump could still win, but it could also be a Clinton landslide. He didn't seem very confident in Trump's chances.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2016, 11:15 PM
(01-08-2016 10:33 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Nate Silver (538) was on All In tonight and explained that Clinton's bounce was larger than Trump's. He said Trump could still win, but it could also be a Clinton landslide. He didn't seem very confident in Trump's chances.

Ok, good. We can relax.

But please let us know when we need to start a prayer group.

Yes

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-08-2016, 01:20 AM
(01-08-2016 12:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 12:08 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm waiting to see if he actually shows up for all three debates.

I doubt he's gonna show up for ANY debates.

The debate issue is a lose/lose for him -- show up for the debates and get hammered, losing the independents; or skip the debates, and look afraid to talk tough on a big stage up against a woman, with all that implies for his base and their view of him.

I think he's painted himself into a corner, allowing this waffling about debates being trial-ballooned. He needs to state unequivocally that he will debate ... and then he'd better hit the books hard while his staff works overtime ginning up talking points.
02-08-2016, 06:16 AM
(01-08-2016 05:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 12:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I thought the prices went up at Starbucks. Tongue

I got a tall (Starbucks-speak for small) coffee this morning, $2.09 including tax.

A few weeks ago, it was $1.79. Drinking Beverage

The barista told me all of the employees are getting a minimum of a 5% raise.

When the morons get their way and minimum wage goes to $15 an hour --- the price of coffee won't change - right?????

That's what the proponents of the "mo money" camp claim......

Even though in this case they raised the prices by 17%... Note they only told you what the low end increase was...... Bet the high was waaaaay less than 17%.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Silver's got Hillary at 83.5% now.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-08-2016, 10:09 AM
What is that saying? People rise to the level of their own incompetence?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-08-2016, 10:17 AM
(02-08-2016 10:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  What is that saying? People rise to the level of their own incompetence?

That's the Peter Principle....

I'm betting Hillary has had nothing to do with peter in years..................

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post