"Clock boy" wants $15 million.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 03:22 AM
RE: "Clock boy" wants $15 million.....
And they jumped on Dawkins for implying that the boy caused an uproar on purpose back then...

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
24-11-2015, 03:46 AM
$15 mil eh? Consider Why does the kid hold the school responsible for the death threats? I guess because they kicked off the whole furor? That seems a little off to me. Anyway, he's gonna waste a bunch of their money fighting the case if they decide to. Only people who'll come out smiling will be the lawyers Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-11-2015, 05:21 AM
(23-11-2015 09:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's the opening salvo. They will settle for far less.
lawyers : Weeping Facepalm

And therein lies the deeper problem I believe. Frivolous lawsuits are becoming more prevalent now than ever in this country. Defendants (most anyway) have come to believe it's better to settle, and far less expensive, to settle the damn thing and continue with their core business.

Sad I know.

No

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
24-11-2015, 06:25 AM
(24-11-2015 12:44 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  No. Buy a lotto ticket when you're of age like everyone else. We all have bad traumatizing days, no one gives us all money. Ha ha.

Sometimes people give me money.

I'll pm you my address so you can be one of those people.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Note to self - build clock, get rich.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-11-2015, 07:13 AM
(23-11-2015 08:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While his treatment was appalling, I don't see 15 million worth of heartache.

I do, no, not saying I want to get rich myself off a lawsuit, but his lawyer didn't propose that because he will get it, he is shooting high so that the jury will end up giving him something. Now will that work, who knows.

I would do it if I was singled out for being an atheist. Not for the money, but for the principle of it.

That kid has every right to use our courts like anyone else. This isn't any different than when people sue car companies for defective parts that cause injury. You don't always do it for the money, some do, sure, but lots of times you do it to send a message for others not to continue that behavior.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
24-11-2015, 07:24 AM
(24-11-2015 07:13 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 08:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While his treatment was appalling, I don't see 15 million worth of heartache.

I do, no, not saying I want to get rich myself off a lawsuit, but his lawyer didn't propose that because he will get it, he is shooting high so that the jury will end up giving him something. Now will that work, who knows.

I would do it if I was singled out for being an atheist. Not for the money, but for the principle of it.

That kid has every right to use our courts like anyone else. This isn't any different than when people sue car companies for defective parts that cause injury. You don't always do it for the money, some do, sure, but lots of times you do it to send a message for others not to continue that behavior.

Agreed. Not sure why people are looking at this as a "payout." This is an anti-discrimination lawsuit against a racist white institution. Institutions usually only listen when they are being threatened monetarily.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-11-2015, 07:46 AM
(24-11-2015 07:24 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Agreed. Not sure why people are looking at this as a "payout." This is an anti-discrimination lawsuit against a racist white institution. Institutions usually only listen when they are being threatened monetarily.

I think the amount just seems inordinately high. It's like... is it really possible that the kid suffered that amount of damage? I agree, fairs fair, use the courts as you like just like any other person. I also agree, fair enough, something happened and instead of just sitting there he's going after the bastards what done it. Or some of them anyway.

But it's not like he's immune to comment - what's the justification for the amount? The article linked didn't mention anything other than death threats as a result of the incident, but I don't quite see how that is the school's responsibility - the issuers of the death threats are surely the ones who are responsible for their own actions and should be held to account for them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-11-2015, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2015 08:03 AM by onlinebiker.)
You know who loves these stories??

Insurance companies.

If juries go into the courtroom assuming every plaintiff is looking to make a quick buck -- you are going to find yourself seriously fucked if you are ever seriously injured by someone else's neglect.

Far too many people believe that every "cup of coffee spilled in your lap" pays out millions.

The truth is -- most people go broke trying to get just reward for injury. Insurance companies draw shit out for years and years and appeal for the most minor of reasons...

I've lived through it. I know..

Don't believe me? Ask a lawyer.

Your odd as plaintiff are piss poor......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-11-2015, 08:02 AM
(24-11-2015 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 07:24 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Agreed. Not sure why people are looking at this as a "payout." This is an anti-discrimination lawsuit against a racist white institution. Institutions usually only listen when they are being threatened monetarily.

I think the amount just seems inordinately high. It's like... is it really possible that the kid suffered that amount of damage? I agree, fairs fair, use the courts as you like just like any other person. I also agree, fair enough, something happened and instead of just sitting there he's going after the bastards what done it. Or some of them anyway.

But it's not like he's immune to comment - what's the justification for the amount? The article linked didn't mention anything other than death threats as a result of the incident, but I don't quite see how that is the school's responsibility - the issuers of the death threats are surely the ones who are responsible for their own actions and should be held to account for them.

It's the schools initial actions which began the chain of events. If the school never caused an uproar over it, it never would have been made an issue and the death threats would not exist, while I agree the ones who made the threats should be responsible so should the school because they started it all with their idiocy.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze