"Clock boy" wants $15 million.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 08:02 AM
RE: "Clock boy" wants $15 million.....
(24-11-2015 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 07:24 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Agreed. Not sure why people are looking at this as a "payout." This is an anti-discrimination lawsuit against a racist white institution. Institutions usually only listen when they are being threatened monetarily.

I think the amount just seems inordinately high. It's like... is it really possible that the kid suffered that amount of damage? I agree, fairs fair, use the courts as you like just like any other person. I also agree, fair enough, something happened and instead of just sitting there he's going after the bastards what done it. Or some of them anyway.

But it's not like he's immune to comment - what's the justification for the amount? The article linked didn't mention anything other than death threats as a result of the incident, but I don't quite see how that is the school's responsibility - the issuers of the death threats are surely the ones who are responsible for their own actions and should be held to account for them.

The school is potentially culpable for creating the environment where a Muslim student was arrested for making a clock. The amount of money is the way the American system operates. If his case wins, the amount awarded would be considerably less.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2015, 08:49 AM
like, where the fuck is this shit coming from? seriously, is this little Terrorist fuck really thinking he is going to get away with this? Besides, that was like a month ago, doesn't he think he has milked this long enough?

He knew it looked like a bomb, he PLANNED to have that clock look like a bomb in order to scare people which is why he specifically designed it to go off in school, ignored his teachers requests to not keep showing it off in school and ADMITTED that it looked suspicious which means he deigned it to be like that.

Also, he never even built a bomb. He just took the clock out of its case and put it into a new case.
Fucking seriously man, this is fucking stupid.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
24-11-2015, 08:55 AM
... The Honourable Shadow Fox will now address the Bench. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-11-2015, 09:21 AM
(24-11-2015 05:21 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  And therein lies the deeper problem I believe. Frivolous lawsuits are becoming more prevalent now than ever in this country. Defendants (most anyway) have come to believe it's better to settle, and far less expensive, to settle the damn thing and continue with their core business.

Sad I know.

No

DJ

Well, complaints and allegations of frivolous law suits are certainly increasing, but I'd like to see some actual data and facts to back up your assertions.

And, I'd also like to know the definition of a "frivolous law suit".

There is a lot I can say on this topic, but I'll just leave it with this: the marketing of the need for tort reform and so called frivolous law suits has some big money behind it. Most of the stories you hear either aren't true or the facts are ridiculously exaggerated.

There is a good documentary on the topic called Hot Coffee I'd recommend.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
24-11-2015, 04:51 PM
'Murica!

Good on him, I hope he gets his $15mill.
24-11-2015, 10:13 PM
(23-11-2015 08:42 PM)bemore Wrote:  I am sorry but this is just fucking ridiculous and one of those occasions when I say "Only in America"

So the kid who made such an "uproar" because he assembled a clock from a kit, put it into a briefcase, who then took it into his school to show his tech teacher, who advised him not to wave it about .... says he has been "traumatised" and "deeply scarred" by the whole ordeal and the only way to make things right is to give him/his family $15 million and get an apology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34904226

If only I could make claims every time I have done some stupid shit in my life, I would be a very rich man indeed.

Many flaws with your argument. One, he did not do "stupid shit", he did a school project. Two, you missed the whole part where he was arrested and interrogated and discriminated but why not bend the facts for your argument, I bet if cops bust into your home and arrested you and interrogated you for no reason you would be traumatized too. I agree $15 million is a bit much, but if I were in his position I would sue too.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-11-2015, 12:59 AM
But he got a congratulatory tweet from the president, that's worth 20 million.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
25-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Goddamn, I should have shown my son how to make a bazooka out of Campbell's Soup cans ... we could be sittin' pretty 'bout now.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-11-2015, 01:37 AM
$15 million? Apparently the kid is more American than everyone originally thought... Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
25-11-2015, 02:16 AM

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post