Clogged Ear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 10:10 AM
RE: Clogged Ear
Get a hot water bottle and hold it against your ear... The heat will melt the wax.

Works for me, and my ears are horrendously waxy. I frequently wake up with one ear completely blocked.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 10:31 AM
(27-04-2014 06:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Easy. But be careful. If you have an eye-dropper use it to instill equal parts water ( a few drops) and hydrogen peroxide mixed together -- (you can get a bottle of it for about 2 bucks in pharmacy) into your ear. Lay down with the plugged side up, so it gets all the way in. You will feel the H2O2 working ("bubbling" as it breaks the wax bonds), for a couple minutes. It tickles, but doesn't hurt. H2O2 (peroxide) is what some docs use in the office or the ER. You can titrate the strength up to what you need, (I just use plain H2O2, but I've done it a number of times, and know it's not going to hurt me.) If you have a little ear "bulb" like they use for babies you can "pressure wash" it out, or just let it run out. I twist up the softest type of Kleenex and stick it in, (you're not supposed to do this, but I watched an ER MD do it a few times), to soak up the excess junk when the bubbling stops. If there's a lot of wax, it can take a few treatments/irrigations.

If it doesn't work you should be able to call one of the nurse lines, (like CVX Pharmacy or whatever it's called) and they can prescribe the "drops" .. over the phone with no visit. If your ear hurts though, it's infected, and you need to be seen by somebody.

Just remember, you were "intelligently designed" Weeping

(That'll be $50.00) Tongue

I get ear wax plugs and they make the inside of my ear throb like a bitch. I do this with a dropper and no water at all- just straight up peroxide because I'm metal as fuck.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
27-04-2014, 10:36 AM
I have gone in to an urgent care office for this same issue (without the toothpick, though. They irrigate it using a syringe until the wax blockage squirts out.
Recently I went in to get blockage cleared, but even when it was my hearing was still impared. The nurse could easily see my ear drum was unobstructed. She concluded that it was due to sinus inflammation and prescribed a nasal spray. It cleared up within a couple days.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
27-04-2014, 10:41 AM
They sell ear candles s and if you have some one that doesn't mind getting all up on you, you could try them. I'm not sure how exactly they work but my mom used to use them on my brother for the same reason and by the end of the candle there was always a shit load of earwax in the wax holder tinfoil mabobber
27-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Sinus issues and using sinus meds can also make your ear feel plugged or stopped up.

As the queen of crap sinuses, I have dealt with it for ages.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-04-2014, 03:30 PM
(27-04-2014 10:10 AM)Sam Wrote:  Get a hot water bottle and hold it against your ear... The heat will melt the wax.

Works for me, and my ears are horrendously waxy. I frequently wake up with one ear completely blocked.

Something I can afford lol I will try that.

(27-04-2014 10:31 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I get ear wax plugs and they make the inside of my ear throb like a bitch. I do this with a dropper and no water at all- just straight up peroxide because I'm metal as fuck.

Bowing . I've tried it both ways to no avail.

(27-04-2014 10:36 AM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I have gone in to an urgent care office for this same issue (without the toothpick, though. They irrigate it using a syringe until the wax blockage squirts out.
Recently I went in to get blockage cleared, but even when it was my hearing was still impared. The nurse could easily see my ear drum was unobstructed. She concluded that it was due to sinus inflammation and prescribed a nasal spray. It cleared up within a couple days.

Ouch, that had to suck and although I have sinus issues, I doubt i'm going through that because it only happened as I was trying to clean out my ear with the forbidden ear cleaning device(Q-Tip).

(27-04-2014 10:41 AM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  They sell ear candles s and if you have some one that doesn't mind getting all up on you, you could try them. I'm not sure how exactly they work but my mom used to use them on my brother for the same reason and by the end of the candle there was always a shit load of earwax in the wax holder tinfoil mabobber

Read up on those, they sound dangerous.

(27-04-2014 10:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Sinus issues and using sinus meds can also make your ear feel plugged or stopped up.

As the queen of crap sinuses, I have dealt with it for ages.

I know bad sinuses too Sad it's horrible but I don't think it's sinuses.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-04-2014, 04:11 PM
(27-04-2014 05:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Anyone know a good homemade remedy to clear up a clogged ear? Would like to know because my right ear is pretty clogged and it's hard to hear with only 1 working ear haha

My ears get plugged when I fly. I take Advil and Benadryl. The advil is an anti inflammatory...the benadryl also helps keep things open.

You can also buy a water wash kit at drug stores to clean out your ears.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-04-2014, 04:15 PM
(27-04-2014 04:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 05:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Anyone know a good homemade remedy to clear up a clogged ear? Would like to know because my right ear is pretty clogged and it's hard to hear with only 1 working ear haha

My ears get plugged when I fly. I take Advil and Benadryl. The advil is an anti inflammatory...the benadryl also helps keep things open.

Unfortunately that costs money that I don't have. If i'm going to do anything it has to be something I have available at home.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-04-2014, 04:23 PM
(27-04-2014 04:15 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 04:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My ears get plugged when I fly. I take Advil and Benadryl. The advil is an anti inflammatory...the benadryl also helps keep things open.

Unfortunately that costs money that I don't have. If i'm going to do anything it has to be something I have available at home.

Try Advil if you have it. You can take 3 every 6 hours. That's what ENT told me to do. (I have mild tinnitus in my left ear).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-04-2014, 04:31 PM
(27-04-2014 04:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 04:15 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Unfortunately that costs money that I don't have. If i'm going to do anything it has to be something I have available at home.

Try Advil if you have it. You can take 3 every 6 hours. That's what ENT told me to do. (I have mild tinnitus in my left ear).

Don't have any Sad Just looked.