Clones and original sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Clones and original sin
Do if original sin comes from Adam through the semen, and since clones are created without semen, do clones have original sin? How about people created through genetic manipulation?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Clones and original sin
That would be a great headline to piss off Christians:

"Science now offers salvation faster than christianity by removing the original sin through genetic manipulation"
[+] 17 users Like Zippo's post
08-06-2015, 02:04 PM
(08-06-2015 01:29 PM)Zippo Wrote:  That would be a great headline to piss off Christians:

"Science now offers salvation faster than christianity by removing the original sin through genetic manipulation"

^^^^^^^
Awesome post.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
08-06-2015, 02:05 PM
(08-06-2015 01:29 PM)Zippo Wrote:  That would be a great headline to piss off Christians:

Wouldn't this be the same thing as how the Jews believe that they can transfer their sins to other animals that they can then slaughter?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
08-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Since Original Sin is passed on through generations in the Christian worldview, then this wouldn't make them blink at all. Clones still have the sin.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2015, 02:17 PM
(08-06-2015 02:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Since Original Sin is passed on through generations in the Christian worldview, then this wouldn't make them blink at all. Clones still have the sin.

That's probably what fused chromosome 2 together.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Clones and original sin
They were fused when God mooned the world. The light burned them together. Duh.
08-06-2015, 02:24 PM
(08-06-2015 02:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Since Original Sin is passed on through generations in the Christian worldview, then this wouldn't make them blink at all. Clones still have the sin.

That's why I'm confused. Jesus was free of original sin because he hadn't been created with semen, and as such did not inherit the sin of Adam. So wouldn't a clone get the same exemption? And if not why not?
08-06-2015, 02:32 PM
For a bunch of sexually repressed louts - the xtians sure do pay an awful lot of attention to penises, semen and masturbation.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-06-2015, 03:36 PM
(08-06-2015 02:24 PM)natachan Wrote:  

That's why I'm confused. Jesus was free of original sin because he hadn't been created with semen, and as such did not inherit the sin of Adam. So wouldn't a clone get the same exemption? And if not why not?

Special pleading for Jesus, DNA for a clone.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user