Clones and original sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Clones and original sin
What about a clone of Jesus?

While we are in the basis of granting wild and impossible things, let's say we got DNA off the shroud of Turin and it turned out to be from Jesus. Would a clone of Jesus have sin? Why or why not?

Yes, this is just to be silly. The question of clones is a real theological one, but the Jesus clone is just a fun idea.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 03:44 PM
(08-06-2015 02:24 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 02:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Since Original Sin is passed on through generations in the Christian worldview, then this wouldn't make them blink at all. Clones still have the sin.

That's why I'm confused. Jesus was free of original sin because he hadn't been created with semen, and as such did not inherit the sin of Adam. So wouldn't a clone get the same exemption? And if not why not?

I always like that Eve is actually clone of Adam since she was made from one of his ribs. She should have XY chromosomes. Wonder where her other X chromosome came from.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-06-2015, 03:47 PM
I still say, as a created being, Eve couldn't have been a placenta mammal and thus couldn't have given birth.

The genetic material that all placenta mammals have that is necessary for child birth came from a virus a few million years ago more or less.

Thus original sin cannot be passed down because that origin story is full of lies.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
08-06-2015, 04:18 PM
(08-06-2015 03:47 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I still say, as a created being, Eve couldn't have been a placenta mammal and thus couldn't have given birth.

The genetic material that all placenta mammals have that is necessary for child birth came from a virus a few million years ago more or less.

Thus original sin cannot be passed down because that origin story is full of lies.
You know, you're using way too much logic for the story to make any sense whatsoever.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-06-2015, 04:24 PM
I just don't get it. Didn't Jesus die for our sins including original sin?
Jesus is irrelevant either way if that's the case.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
08-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Yall continue to disregard God magic.

Fools! You won't be so dismissive when you're smoldering in the inferno of Satan's love lava.
08-06-2015, 09:07 PM
(08-06-2015 02:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Since Original Sin is passed on through generations in the Christian worldview, then this wouldn't make them blink at all. Clones still have the sin.

You'll just have to consult the priests and theologians.
They get paid to deal with such and such woo. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-06-2015, 09:10 PM
What if we cloned Jesus from the, so clearly him, Shroud of Turin? Would Jesus be reborn and cause our sins to be unsaved?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-06-2015, 05:33 AM
(08-06-2015 12:44 PM)natachan Wrote:  Do if original sin comes from Adam through the semen, and since clones are created without semen, do clones have original sin? How about people created through genetic manipulation?

No, no, no, you got it all wrong, there is a sin molecule, probably based on carbon, that we all have.

I have no idea why a molecule would be sinful though. Consider

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-06-2015, 06:10 AM
If a clone is made from the DNA on the Shroud of Turin won't get a da Vinci clone and not jebus?

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais