Clones rights.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Clones rights.
If a clone would be made of a human.

Would that clone have the same rights as the original?

Would they Clone be able to call himself the same as the original?

If the original died suddenly, would it be ethical for the clone to take the place to fill the void of the famliy and friends that lost him?

People have done simaler actions with pets already. Should it be limited to only pets and live stock?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Clones rights.
Do identical twins have separate human rights?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-09-2016, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 04:42 PM by Loom.)
A clone would have its own rights as its own individual. Unless we learn to transfer/ copy memory and experience, a clone will always be different from the original. And even if that were possible, the clone will still experience life differently post-transfer, and will still divirge from the original to become its own individual.

The clone would not be the same as the original aside from genetics.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
09-09-2016, 04:39 PM
It is part of what is coming to be called the Robot Question, but just a small part. When 95% of all jobs are automated will humans get a living wage for giving up their right to earn a living?
09-09-2016, 05:06 PM
A genetic clone wouldn't be the same person. You can't reproduce every minute detail of family interaction, socially learned morals nor memories of lessens learned.

You cant reproduce when puberty starts or how fast or slow chemical reactions take place in the brain that allow for intelligence, witty banter, wisdom, addiction.

A clone is just another person who looks like another person.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
09-09-2016, 06:25 PM
The clone would develop a whole different set of neuronal pathways in their brain, plus associated likes and dislikes, phobias, intellect etc. Their muscles and skeletal structure would develop differently over time too.

I'd be guessing they'd develop more like fraternal twins than monozygotic twins, and end up looking like siblings born at different times, and of a similar age.

Dunno really. It hasn't been done yet.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-09-2016, 06:53 PM
I wonder if the clone would be the exact same person if made to live in conditions that were identical to the original. Keeping him/her into a 100% controlled environment for its entire life. Kinda like The Truman Show. Would it deviate at all from the original in its decision making?

[Image: the+truman+show.jpg]
09-09-2016, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 10:48 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(09-09-2016 06:53 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I wonder if the clone would be the exact same person if made to live in conditions that were identical to the original. Keeping him/her into a 100% controlled environment for its entire life. Kinda like The Truman Show. Would it deviate at all from the original in its decision making?

[Image: the+truman+show.jpg]

Nope. If only because that level of control is impossible, and even a small variation in brain chemistry can lead to incredibly divergent decision making.

Plus, it would be unethical as all hell.

Now, what if we could produce 'empty' clones? A near identical body, but with a never actualized brain? Now the only way to do this ethically would be to be able to construct the clone body at the desired age, like with a very elaborate organic 3D printer. Now what if you could copy someone else's consciousness onto a new set of wetware?

What if you could do the same, but also make a copy?

Or put it in a robot instead?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Shit gets sideways real fast.

PS - I still cry every time Legion sacrifices himself to save the Geth and the Quarians.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-09-2016, 09:14 AM
I haven't heard of it's success yet on a human host. But there are attempts and doing head transplants. If a clone body could be produced for a specific age would transferring your head to the new body lead to immortality? We already know it is a genetic match.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
10-09-2016, 07:04 PM
The below photograph, which depicts a (briefly) living two-headed dog, is real.

You’re looking at the horror film-esque result of an early transplant procedure by Soviet scientist Vladimir Demikhov in 1959, and it’s really more like a one-and-a-half dog—Demikhov successfully grafted the head and forelegs of a smaller dog, Shavka onto a bigger dog, Brodyaga. Both initially survived the procedure.

Both could see and move around independently. Both died four days later. Demikhov attempted the experiment, with different subjects, over 24 times.

[Image: 143085975011175.jpg]

[Image: 1430860360053174.jpg]

No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.